Garrett Wilson's antics

LSJF

11 hours ago, undertow said:

I think people underestimate how poor the QB is....it's not regular bad it's WTF bad.

So let the organization give him the boot, not Garrett Wilson, he should continue being the allpro that he’s going to be…

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, LSJF said:

Yes, he's amazing..however getting sick of the on field antics... the throwing up of the hand in disgust, walking off the field shaking his head in disgust and pouting...

Don't show up your teammates EVEN if Zach does suck, be a pro, not a dbag...We all want to win, be cool...

******************NO this thread is not about Zach...  Yes Garrett is great, I just hope he doesn't become a locker room lawyer... 

Anyone who doesn't agree it's not OK to show up your teammate probably never played on a team where the stakes were high. It's not OK. Zach hit GW in the chest with one ball and he dropped it. You didn't see him shaking his head and going nuts. But Zach is the bad teammate - right. Being a good teammate is not about how good you are, it's about respect, especially when things aren't going well. What you say after a game is mostly scripted - what you do on the field is more indicative of what you are thinking. GW is young and has fire - I'm sure he's been talked to.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Anyone who doesn't agree it's not OK to show up your teammate probably never played on a team where the stakes were high. It's not OK. Zach hit GW in the chest with one ball and he dropped it. You didn't see him shaking his head and going nuts. But Zach is the bad teammate - right. Being a good teammate is not about how good you are, it's about respect, especially when things aren't going well. What you say after a game is mostly scripted - what you do on the field is more indicative of what you are thinking. GW is young and has fire - I'm sure he's been talked to.

Happy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 1

I wouldn't call demanding excellence and being frustrated with poor performing players performing poorly as "antics" personally.

I don't generally like the modern NFL's penchant for bravado and talk and soccer-like acting tbqh, and I also generally don't like teammates throwing other teammates under the bus.

But when one player is put above others, and is so clearly a core part of why the team fails, and yet management keeps plugging that player in just because they refuse to accept they made a very poor pick with a #2 overall pick, maybe I can forgive the poop-talking player a little bit at least, since at least he cares about winning more than draft slot or appearances or fragile QB egos.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I wouldn't call demanding excellence and being frustrated with poor performing players performing poorly as "antics" personally.

I don't generally like the modern NFL's penchant for bravado and talk and soccer-like acting tbqh, and I also generally don't like teammates throwing other teammates under the bus.

But when one player is put above others, and is so clearly a core part of why the team fails, and yet management keeps plugging that player in just because they refuse to accept they made a very poor pick with a #2 overall pick, maybe I can forgive the poop-talking player a little bit at least, since at least he cares about winning more than draft slot or appearances or fragile QB egos.

I don’t like when players show up other players during the game, whether it’s the pros, or good old grade school teams… If Zack sucks, then it is the Jets organizations job to be rid of him… I can understand if Garrett  was upset by a call, or non call and Showed frustration…. he’s not the coach, and can only create locker room division even if he is super elite talented… Look at a player like OBJ, we look at him as a diva, and want nothing to do with him, but he has talent…

Maybe we need a thread about Aaron Rodger "antics" too? 

Who the hell is he to demand excellence and proper play from others, he's clearly "show up his teammate"...

Packers' Aaron Rodgers appears slightly perturbed by Christian Watson

Green Bay Packers star Aaron Rodgers gave rookie wide receiver Christian Watson an opportunity to make a play late in their win over the Los Angeles Rams on Monday night.

The Packers were knocking at the Rams’ door on the goal line and threw a quick pass to Watson but the wide receiver wasn’t looking for the ball. Rodgers appeared openly frustrated with the rookie – something he’s done a few times during the 2022 season.

Rodgers spoke to ESPN’s Lisa Salters after the game and was asked about the throw to Watson.

"You wanna catch touchdowns, you run the right routes," Rodgers said.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

QBs tend to berate their teammates in the huddle all game if they mess up but the WR1 can't have a moment of frustration of yet another god-awful throw?  Come the f**k on already.  This thread didn't need to be 4 pages. 

Make the f**king throws and this sh*t wouldn't be necessary.  

Alas, as you said in the huddle, or the sideline… Not in the middle of the field… Thank you for commenting, maybe we can get this to five pages…

2 minutes ago, LSJF said:

I don’t like when players show up other players during the game, whether it’s the pros, or good old grade school teams… If Zack sucks, then it is the Jets organizations job to be rid of him… I can understand if Garrett  was upset by a call, or non call and Showed frustration…. he’s not the coach, and can only create locker room division even if he is super elite talented… Look at a player like OBJ, we look at him as a diva, and want nothing to do with him, but he has talent…

The organization has created the locker room division, and the frustration of the skill position players, by elevating Zach above where the quality of his play warrants.  Players know when a guy is a bust, and they're not going to let their own careers falter because the hand-picked QB sucks.

maybe we can get this to five pages…

I'm here now, that should be easy, lol.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Warfish said:

Maybe we need a thread about Aaron Rodger "antics" too? 

Who the hell is he to demand excellence and proper play from others, he's clearly "show up his teammate"...

Packers' Aaron Rodgers appears slightly perturbed by Christian Watson

Green Bay Packers star Aaron Rodgers gave rookie wide receiver Christian Watson an opportunity to make a play late in their win over the Los Angeles Rams on Monday night.

The Packers were knocking at the Rams’ door on the goal line and threw a quick pass to Watson but the wide receiver wasn’t looking for the ball. Rodgers appeared openly frustrated with the rookie – something he’s done a few times during the 2022 season.

Rodgers spoke to ESPN’s Lisa Salters after the game and was asked about the throw to Watson.

"You wanna catch touchdowns, you run the right routes," Rodgers said.

I agree, not a fan of throwing teammates under the bus… this for in-house, 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The organization has created the locker room division, and the frustration of the skill position players, by elevating Zach above where the quality of his play warrants.  Players know when a guy is a bust, and they're not going to let their own careers falter because the hand-picked QB sucks.

I'm here now, that should be easy, lol.

I mean the jets did make him inactive for three weeks, and would’ve been the back up if not for mike white’s broken ribs… 

Lol Garrett Wilson's antics.

You're probably not accustomed to a player who desperately wants to win. 

There is nothing selfish in how he acts. Every time anyone catches a ball he goes nuts for them. When the team wins he's ecstatic. I'll agree Moore is definitely on the selfish side of the scale but GW is all team everyday.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Perhaps it could stay "in-house" in the 50's, 60's, maybe even the 70's and early 80's.

The game hasn't been that way in 30 years.

I know I’m old-school… I’m a big fan of Garrett and I love his talent, I just hope he’s not gonna be one of those Twitter guys trying to get out of his rookie contract

Just now, Sammybighead said:

Lol Garrett Wilson's antics.

You're probably not accustomed to a player who desperately wants to win. 

There is nothing selfish in how he acts. Every time anyone catches a ball he goes nuts for them. When the team wins he's ecstatic. I'll agree Moore is definitely on the selfish side of the scale but GW is all team everyday.

I’m old-school, keep the teammate throwing under the bus, in house… But alas, I’m not with today’s times

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, LSJF said:

Yes, he's amazing..however getting sick of the on field antics... the throwing up of the hand in disgust, walking off the field shaking his head in disgust and pouting...

Don't show up your teammates EVEN if Zach does suck, be a pro, not a dbag...We all want to win, be cool...

******************NO this thread is not about Zach...  Yes Garrett is great, I just hope he doesn't become a locker room lawyer... 

Bad take IMO.

He's a young player and he's emotional. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Nothing I have heard suggest to me that he has ever been a problem in the locker room. That's what matters. Teammates seem to love him. It seems like he just hates to lose and he just wants to be great. If I'm Saleh, THAT's the kind of guy I want. I want some fire and emotion in my players. 

You make it seem like he is some sort of headcase and becoming a locker room cancer, starting a thread about this, far from it. These types of young guys should fire up the vets to play better and do more. 

Bad take. 

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LSJF said:

I know I’m old-school… I’m a big fan of Garrett and I love his talent, I just hope he’s not gonna be one of those Twitter guys trying to get out of his rookie contract

I tend to be old school too.

In this case, I'm willing to make an exception.

And yes, I expect GW, much as I like him, to be like most top-end WR's, and demand to be where he wants to be with a QB he wants to play with, who will help keep him at 1,200+ yards a year every year.

If we don't have a guy like that, sadly, yes, I expect him to make unhappy noise.  Far too common in this era of football.

• Upvote 1

Just now, sourceworx said:

Typical dumbass Jet fans. This kid is the best young receiver we've had in decades, and people are upset because he'spassionate about winning.

This is a good team with an albatross hanging from it's neck at the QB position, and the players all know it.

Dumb ass?, I would be insulted, but I looked at the source, wax, I can only laugh… We all know Zack sucks, and he’s playing as the back up, Don’t show up your teammates on the field… but like I told warfish i’m old-school, I guess I’m not with it, I guess I’m a dumb ass,

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Bad take IMO.

He's a young player and he's emotional. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Nothing I have heard suggest to me that he has ever been a problem in the locker room. That's what matters. Teammates seem to love him. It seems like he just hates to lose and he just wants to be great. If I'm Saleh, THAT's the kind of guy I want. I want some fire and emotion in my players. 

You make it seem like he is some sort of headcase and becoming a locker room cancer, starting a thread about this, far from it. These types of young guys should fire up the vets to play better and do more. 

Bad take. 

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon  

I don’t think it’s a bad take, but your post is reasonable for sure

Just now, sourceworx said:

Typical dumbass Jet fans. This kid is the best young receiver we've had in decades, and people are upset because he'spassionate about winning.

This is a good team with an albatross hanging from it's neck at the QB position, and the players all know it.

And it has been becoming even more clearer that the decision to anoint Zach Wilson as the star as well as the starter seems to have been coming from somewhere other than the coaches offices. Just by listening to Saleh's media available PC's he wants the best player on that field, he wants things to be done the way that the Seahawks did it during the 2012 season when he was the Defensive Quality Control coach there and the team went out and signed the most sought-after free agent QB Matt Flynn from the Packers.

Flynn got a 26 million dollar deal with 10 mil. guaranteed. He was stuck behind a future HoFer (Aaron Rodgers) like Matt Hasselback had been behind Favre. In fact, in the final game of the 2011 season he gets the start against the Lions and proceeds to have the game of a lifetime  going 31 for 44 for 480 YDS 6 TDS 1 INT getting every team looking for a guy they could see being a future star drooling. Then Saleh said but what happened that next summer was the quarterback that they had chosen in the 3rd round Russell Wilson "was THAT much better" as he held his fingers an inch apart, so they started Wilson over the guy they spent a tenth of their salary cap on.

This is the way that Robert Saleh believes starting players should be chosen-BEST PLAYER, PLAYS. 

There has been suspicions abounding that Zach Wilson has had a thumb on the scale when it comes to assessing who the Jets starter should be. I think the Jets' head coach has pretty much reaffirmed that suspicion. Zach lovers can cite a better winning percentage all they want, but the truth of the matter to anyone with an honest eye on the situation KNOWS. Zach Wilson isn't the best QB on the team and it's by a LOT more than this 

image.jpeg.3d5810146da429a79e197cf896d116fd.jpeg

15 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

And it has been becoming even more clearer that the decision to anoint Zach Wilson as the star as well as the starter seems to have been coming from somewhere other than the coaches offices. Just by listening to Saleh's media available PC's he wants the best player on that field, he wants things to be done the way that the Seahawks did it during the 2012 season when he was the Defensive Quality Control coach there and the team went out and signed the most sought-after free agent QB Matt Flynn from the Packers.

Flynn got a 26 million dollar deal with 10 mil. guaranteed. He was stuck behind a future HoFer (Aaron Rodgers) like Matt Hasselback had been behind Favre. In fact, in the final game of the 2011 season he gets the start against the Lions and proceeds to have the game of a lifetime  going 31 for 44 for 480 YDS 6 TDS 1 INT getting every team looking for a guy they could see being a future star drooling. Then Saleh said but what happened that next summer was the quarterback that they had chosen in the 3rd round Russell Wilson "was THAT much better" as he held his fingers an inch apart, so they started Wilson over the guy they spent a tenth of their salary cap on.

This is the way that Robert Saleh believes starting players should be chosen-BEST PLAYER, PLAYS. 

There has been suspicions abounding that Zach Wilson has had a thumb on the scale when it comes to assessing who the Jets starter should be. I think the Jets' head coach has pretty much reaffirmed that suspicion. Zach lovers can cite a better winning percentage all they want, but the truth of the matter to anyone with an honest eye on the situation KNOWS. Zach Wilson isn't the best QB on the team and it's by a LOT more than this 

image.jpeg.3d5810146da429a79e197cf896d116fd.jpeg

Did he-not get demoted? He’s only playing because Mike has broken ribs… And when you draft a quarterback, you do have to give them some time to develop, they gave 20 then benched him…

GW was throwing his hands up after each errant throw in ZW’s last game against the Pats before he was benched. I could be wrong but I don’t remember him throwing up his hands during any of MW’s 3 games after ZW was benched.

The real test I think will be Thursday night featuring a match up of the #1 pick & the #2 pick of the 2020 draft. If ZW leads us to a victory Thursday night (which is a game we are suppose to win), I think GW cuts him a lot more slack in future games. But if we lose against the Jags Thursday night making it 2 back to back losses for ZW, just like what happened with MW’s last 2 games (but they were against 2 of the best teams this year), it puts the nail in our coffin for a possible wild card spot this year and GW probably continues to throw his arms up in the air in our final 2 games against the Seahawks & the Dolphins.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Garrett Wilson is the best player on the offense by far and the fact that he wants so badly to be successful is a good thing, not a bad thing. 

That’s nice that he’s s great. If he misses a pass, or gets a bad call, or a non-cold, He can bitch all he wants… It’s about throwing your teammate under the bus during the game in front of everyone… I guess I’m  old school…I’m  just a boomer in today’s millennial world