Ummmmm Gardner Minshew playing

4 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

If you can't pry Rodgers, Carr or TB12 i'm all aboard for Minshewmania....

Most of you folks will pretend you never made such comments when he's executing our offense with precision next year ?.....he's gonna be a fan favorite like 2015 Fitzpatrick 

2 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Totally. Count me in.

1 minute ago, Esquire said:

Minshew is a good QB and is still only 26 years old.  Unlike White, he isn't injury prone.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don’t forget about his rushing TD too.

Time is my best friend when my takes are demolished around here 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Minshew is trash. Off the Minshew Train. Give me Mike White 4eva

4eva isn’t that long when brittle bird bones are factored in. I want MW to get his shot outta camp to be the guy… but there has to be a plan B and and it cannot be Flacco/Luke Falk/etc.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Make no mistake, White deserves to be QB1.  I want Minshew as the QB2.  An expensive one, sure, but I’m tired of sh*tty plan B’s.  Minshew can move the ball.  9.6 YPA today.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

4eva isn’t that long when brittle bird bones are factored in. I want MW to get his shot outta camp to be the guy… but there has to be a plan B and and it cannot be Flacco/Luke Falk/etc.

Great minds…

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Make no mistake, White deserves to be QB1.  I want Minshew as the QB2.  An expensive one, sure, but I’m tired of sh*tty plan B’s.  Minshew can move the ball.  9.6 YPA today.

White has 2 fatal flaws. Cement feet and injuries.  No way can you give him a 3 year deal and pass up on actual starters and minshew ain’t coming here to back up MW lol 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Great minds…

No way in hizzell JD keeps the QB cupboard bare behind next year’s starter. 

1. If it is MW — and I’m rooting for him — he doesn’t need psycho-emotional coddling and confidence-building like a toy poodle that freaks out when another dog moves in next door.

2. JD is officially on the hot seat the moment this season ends

3. This strategy has already failed with clowncomical results and JD is not a moron

• Upvote 2

Just now, Larz said:

White has 2 fatal flaws. Cement feet and injuries.  No way can you give him a 3 year deal and pass up on actual starters and minshew ain’t coming here to back up MW lol 

White and Minshew are top tier backups

Why everyone is so desperate to settle for that is beyond me.

Brady, Rodgers or Carr with Garoppolo as the fallback plan.

That should be the goal

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

I agree Minshew wants to start more than he wants money. He’s a bit of an anomaly. But the Jets are a pretty good bet for him — a good team on the rise with his competition having a shall-we-say brittle past. Even if he loses in camp, good odds he gets another bite at the apple during the season. Now sure, if someone basically ordains him the starter with a starter contract, Jets lose. But if that doesn’t get offered… Jets are a pretty good bet for a dude looking to get into games.

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Minshew would be coming here to start, imo, and the contract will reflect that. As far as White’s health issues, I put it in his contract that he checks into camp at 238 lbs of rock solid muscle or the money gets voided.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No just no, Mike White does not deserve to be handed the starters job.  (Compete for maybe) Because he is better than dreadful zac does not make him good.

He did not score points did not throw tds and did not win his last two big chances to shine for this team,

He is a 2-4, 8 td - 10 int QB. and he gets trucked because he can't move in the pocket.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

White and Minshew are top tier backups

Why everyone is so desperate to settle for that is beyond me.

Brady, Rodgers or Carr with Garoppolo as the fallback plan.

That should be the goal

It’s not “settling” if it’s the best strategy.

None of those 4 options you listed are enticing and several of them cost draft capital PLUS big dollars.  That isn’t “thinking big”.  That’s thinking fairly recklessly with our resources.  

The White+Minshew model saves our picks AND money with little drop-off.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Minshew would be coming here to start, imo, and the contract will reflect that. As far as White’s health issues, I put it in his contract that he checks into camp at 238 lbs of rock solid muscle or the money gets voided.

Where else does Minshew get a pretty clear path to a starting job?  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Minshew is probably going to have opportunities to be a starter. What is going to be appealing to him about the situation you described?

1 minute ago, bd71 said:

Haven’t watched the game but I’ve read the thread.  If Minshew isn’t better than White, you pass.  If White isn’t the starter, find a legit QB and keep White as the #2.  Don’t need to continue plugging in mediocre QB’s.  

Yeah better to continue to stack epic busts. The Minshew plan comes with a mid-round developmental lotto pick. It’s not “all or nothing,” it is “no more of the same.”

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Will depend on what else is out there for Minshew. See my above post.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

No just no, Mike White does not deserve to be handed the starters job.  (Compete for maybe) Because he is better than dreadful zac does not make him good.

He did not score points did not throw tds and did not win his last two big chances to shine for this team,

He is a 2-4, 8 td - 10 int QB. and he gets trucked because he can't move in the pocket.

You’ve made your thoughts on White pretty clear but have yet to offer up a QB1 solution.  Until you do I’ll continue to rock with Mike White in my posts.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Where else does Minshew get a pretty clear path to a starting job?  

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

I agree Minshew wants to start more than he wants money. He’s a bit of an anomaly. But the Jets are a pretty good bet for him — a good team on the rise with his competition having a shall-we-say brittle past. Even if he loses in camp, good odds he gets another bite at the apple during the season. Now sure, if someone basically ordains him the starter with a starter contract, Jets lose. But if that doesn’t get offered… Jets are a pretty good bet for a dude looking to get into games.

Dude stop stalking

• Haha 1