<<< Official Christmas Football Sunday Thread >>>

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The only player I can think of doing it for and I’m going back many years ago was Alcindor who you knew was a game changing once in a generation player. 

I can’t think of anyone else either except Maybe Gretzky?
But I honestly don’t remember him lighting up juniors the way Alcindor did at UCLA and where was it? Boys and Girls, or Power Memorial?

Didn’t they institute a no dunk rule to try and contain him?

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Kareem’s teams (I looked it up) were 79-2 in HS and 88-2 at UCLA. 

I feel lucky to have watched him in the 80s and I’m always the guy that mentions him in the “name your all time top 5 basketball player “.  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I thought he looked like a star on Thursday.  

He had Etienne working for him and helping to set up the passing game. But his own running and pass off the run was good he had an effective game but still only 19 points. Jets had only 11 yards from running backs. Knight ended up with minus yards. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Kareem’s teams (I looked it up) were 79-2 in HS and 88-2 at UCLA. 

IDK why he doesn't get more consideration as the GOAT of basketball....pros or college

He surely is undisputedly the greatest to ever play NCAA basketball....and has to be on anyone's Mt. Rushmore of NBA athletes...

Just now, Rangers9 said:

He had Etienne working for him and helping to set up the passing game. But his own running and pass off the run was good he had an effective game but still only 19 points. Jets had only 11 yards from running backs. Knight ended up with minus yards. 

He was far better than just "effective".   He's going to be right up there with any QB in the NFL.  Possibly even this season.

25 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The only player I can think of doing it for and I’m going back many years ago was Alcindor who you knew was a game changing once in a generation player. 

Luck

Burrow (which started as Tua, but worked out for the Bengals

Lemieux

Crosby

Malkin

McDavid

L James

Olajuwon

There's more.  It most definitely works.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I thought he looked like a star on Thursday.  

Ok Trevor threw for 229 yds and had 1 rushing TD against a winded defense...let's not get carried away 

Star and generational are entirely different levels lol 

Luck took a 2-14 Colts team back to playoffs his rookie year....AFCCG his 3rd year 

2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Ok Trevor threw for 229 yds and had 1 rushing TD against a winded defense...let's not get carried away 

Star and generational are entirely different levels lol 

Luck took a 2-14 Colts team back to playoffs his rookie year....AFCCG his 3rd year 

I think he'll be up there with any QB in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

There’s two things I really hate in professional sports: in baseball trying to buy a championship (and I’m a Mets fan) and in other sports like the NFL tanking. 

Yankees did it for yrs, dodgers have been past 5 years. Don’t know why there is no cap in baseball. I don’t like tanking either, but sure would have been nice to have Trevor Laurence instead of bag of ? like Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's cool. 

Luck and Manning were already winning 11 and 13 games their 2nd year with not that much changes to the roster from when they were drafted....

Like I said....Trevor has all the tools to be a Top 3-5 QB in time.....I never saw "Generational" prospect with him and still don't.....he's not otherworldly like some of the other once in a generation guys we've seen. Just my opinion....