I understand I will be crucified for this thread, but

TommyT

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

How long has he been out of football now?

How did he do at his last stop?

Where are all his assistants these days?

How has he done developing QB's?

What reason, other than nostalgia, do you have for hiring Rex Ryan as our Head Coach in 2022?

I don't want Rex back but Dick Vermeil was out of football for way longer, yet came back and won a Super Bowl with the Rams.  

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't want Rex back but Dick Vermeil was out of football for way longer, yet came back and won a Super Bowl with the Rams.  

So one guy did it once, therefore Rex can do it? Its amazing how often this argument gets made on this forum to support extremely unlikely things.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So one guy did it once, therefore Rex can do it? Its amazing how often this argument gets made on this forum to support extremely unlikely things.

Again, I don't want Rex back but I'll give you another example:

Joe Gibbs

He didn't win a SB in his return but he did get Washington to the playoffs (which felt like an amazing accomplishment considering their owner).

• Haha 1

I like/liked Rex, but these are completely different situations.  Rex inherited a team ready to win.  Saleh took over a team just entering a rebuild.  Only thing they have in common is they both spent top-5 picks on QBs in their first draft as HC.  Both guys turned out to be busts/epic disappointments, but Rex at least had the luxury of playing his QB behind a pro-bowl caliber OL with a reliable running game and a consistently great defense. 

I'd like to believe that, even if Saleh had Rex's OL and nothing else about this roster was different, this is pretty easily a playoff team and most of this fanbase would be singing a different tune right now regarding Saleh.  

16 hours ago, TommyT said:

Rex Ryan gave us an identity back in the day and maybe the 2nd time around he fulfills his Super Bowl prophecy. Yes he is the crazy uncle that embarrasses himself at family gatherings, but at least he is our crazy uncle.

Tommy,  Rex had a good 2 years when he was given a decent roster (that he, himself, later ruined).  But I'd have to be deaf, dumb or blind to want Rex back.  Not a good idea, IMO.  

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Humans are very bad at innately understanding probabilities 

• Post of the Week 1