Did Connor Hughes tweet that the Jets will be first in line if Lamar Jackson is made available?

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

If JD loves LJ, why did he pass on Fields? 

They're almost the same player except Fields is the better passer with, imo a higher ceiling.

Someone else mentioned that earlier, and I have no idea.

My uneducated guess would be he thought Zach was the much better player?

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So does Jimmy G.  So does Mike White.  Carr doesn't but he kinda sucks.

Lamar Jackson gives us MVP-caliber upside at the QB position.  If we're gonna pin our hopes on one of 4 veteran QBs, Lamar is the top guy.  Damn the torpedoes.  

Of course the Jets should just listen to @jgb and I and go with Minshew and White and rack up Lombari's as a result, but ala, no one listens.  

Sick of the “draft a guy then completely go all in on him without a viable plan B before seeing him take a snap” strategy.

QBs are the hardest position in sport to scout but too many GMs believe they are special and don’t need to hedge against misses. Like gamblers who cash out their 401ks and head to Vegas convinced the odds don’t apply to them.

Should’ve gotten Tannehill to hedge Darnold going into his 2nd year and Minshew to hedge BYU last year. Both were cheap and brought in as backups to hedge young QBs on smarter teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, varjet said:

The Jets would basically create a new offense for LJ.

There would not be coaching issues, because there would be a new coach and less coaching.  Street ball. 

if we are going to get a new offensive coaching staff there will be more options than just Lamar. I like Lamar, but why spend the $ and the draft capital to get him where the next tier down will be more affordable without draft capital - see how well Eagles and SF are doing without a top tier QB. Plus there are injury concerns with Lamar as he Is just a beast and never slides :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 1/9/2023 at 11:56 AM, bla bla bla said:

F*ck it...we have the TEs, we have the RB, we have the DEF. His play style will help make up for some of the OL woes. Trust Douglas to hit on his picks outside round 1. By the time Lamar's money is up is when we'll have to pay the rest of the team.

Can you win with him...idk

It will be fun.

I think the money issue is huge. He’s gonna want north of 40 million and that’s a lot in anyones book. The timing is important because the jets young starts won’t be wanting theirs for maybe two more seasons.  I wouldn’t be surprised seeing one or more hold out for a new contract, especially if they stay at the top of their game or improve.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

I think the money issue is huge. He’s gonna want north of 40 million and that’s a lot in anyones book. The timing is important because the jets young starts won’t be wanting theirs for maybe two more seasons.  I wouldn’t be surprised seeing one or more hold out for a new contract, especially if they stay at the top of their game or improve.

Ravens are going to resign Jackson at big money but the contract will have an escape clause where they can cut him after 3 years at minimal cap hit