Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

28 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I haven’t played a game with a ninja, but it sounds more beneficial to scum than town to me. I’d consider it similar to a miller type of role but for watcher/tracker. In any event, if you’re telling the truth, it’d not be a valuable town role of it was town and is actually anti-town if you think about it. 

If we validated this info, it really just validates your power and not alignment as role cop can be either alignment. That being said, that doesn’t mean you should get lynched for it, especially before revealing who. That’s a huge FOS to the people trying to run you up right now. Barry and beaver and drums especially have been around a minute and I think the reaction is suspect af. Hal has been all over the place and inconsistent and I can go there as well. Arsis I can’t tell if he’s just trolling or what. 

My vote is you reveal the who, we confirm with the party whether that is valid, and go from there. If this reveal was done at Lynch or lose, i’d be more suspect, but you’re doing it early and from gut feeling it seems like you’re doing it to maximize info personally. 

I asked for more details, which is kind of what you said in your last paragraph, so how is that suspect?

32 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I haven’t played a game with a ninja, but it sounds more beneficial to scum than town to me. I’d consider it similar to a miller type of role but for watcher/tracker. In any event, if you’re telling the truth, it’d not be a valuable town role of it was town and is actually anti-town if you think about it. 

If we validated this info, it really just validates your power and not alignment as role cop can be either alignment. That being said, that doesn’t mean you should get lynched for it, especially before revealing who. That’s a huge FOS to the people trying to run you up right now. Barry and beaver and drums especially have been around a minute and I think the reaction is suspect af. Hal has been all over the place and inconsistent and I can go there as well. Arsis I can’t tell if he’s just trolling or what. 

My vote is you reveal the who, we confirm with the party whether that is valid, and go from there. If this reveal was done at Lynch or lose, i’d be more suspect, but you’re doing it early and from gut feeling it seems like you’re doing it to maximize info personally. 

Agreed with most of this. Going a step further, I’m not seeing any particularly good reason why we should risk going to night at all without getting the name. If anyone has one I’d love to hear it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

Agreed with most of this. Going a step further, I’m not seeing any particularly good reason why we should risk going to night at all without getting the name. If anyone has one I’d love to hear it.

Just to be clear here, if there is a ninja I’m not saying they should reveal themself. If we do go this route the name needs to come from JiF first.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

How much more detail do you want from me? Maybe go back and look at the last hour or so from yesterday.

True, makes more sense now. Thanks. I was kind of tunneling on you with the view you were scum so those posts about Verbal read a bit differently now. 

@JiFields

Who is Ninja we will vote them day 3 if you flip as 1x convience role cop.

@Integrity2880 put the flavor name in the scene the only thing I did was confirm it a day earlier. All it takes is two dead VT for them to get the flavor of the role name.

You're covering for jif.

The right play is to lynch jif. If he's a 1x role cop he's vt so we trade 1 vt for the Ninja. There's a great trade. If he flop scum we lynch ape tomorrow.

Anything else is over thinking it

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Leelou said:

We were sent the same PM

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I don't like Leelou or Jif this game. If you are town, it'd be nice if you provided a little more detail.

From my perspective you’re casting immediate doubt on the two role claims out there right now. I agree we need more details, but the difference between us is your statement “i don’t like leelou or JiF” this game immediately after both are claiming things that could be potentially verifiable. It’s not a smoking gun on you, but it’s the type of thing that could be scum motivated. Meta-wise, it conflicts for me what i perceive your game ability to be and the stance you are taking. 

3 minutes ago, Arsis said:

@JiFields

Who is Ninja we will vote then day 3 if you flip as 1x convience role cop.

@Integrity2880 put the flavor name in the scene the only thing I did was confirm it a day earlier. All it takes is two dead VT for them to get the flavor of the role name.

You're covering for jif.

The right play is to lynch jif. If he's a 1x role cop he's vt so we trade 1 vt for the Ninja. There's a great trade. If he flop scum we lynch ape tomorrow.

Anything else is over thinking it

I'm kind of stupid I think but where did you confirm the flavor name a day earlier? I'm not seeing it except after the lynch scene was already posted. 

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

From my perspective you’re casting immediate doubt on the two role claims out there right now. I agree we need more details, but the difference between us is your statement “i don’t like leelou or JiF” this game immediately after both are claiming things that could be potentially verifiable. It’s not a smoking gun on you, but it’s the type of thing that could be scum motivated. Meta-wise, it conflicts for me what i perceive your game ability to be and the stance you are taking. 

Noted

17 hours ago, Drums said:

vote leelou 

This was super gross, but some business first:

I’m town ninja with some 1x abilities to go with it, in the event there is another lie detector out there. I’ll share if/when I need to.  It makes sense with the flavor but I’ll leave that out..it and role cop are typically scum roles, I’ve had both be town in my own games before. JiFs definitely a role cop but our existence doesn’t vet the other as town or scum.

My gut is we may have a lot of people with 1x roles so a town role cop could make sense even if using it night 1 is stupid. To be fair, I had a few back and forth with Verb to draw attention. If there are a ton of 1x roles an unlimited role cop would make a lot of sense in creating chaos…but he says 1x. If scum, you claim it knowing there was suspicion from Leelou/verb yesterday and that you can feign “it’s usually a scum role,” but he played it asking for others input so it would be letting others do the legwork? I still think draws attention when he didn’t have much. The play as town makes sense except for burning it n1 before we have a sense of the makeup.

I think I lean town…it’s just using a 1x power like that n1 is bothering me. 

Drums burying a vote on crush then starting off today with voting one of our masons feels super gross…but so does a 1x role cop using it n1 in a huge game. I think I’m leaning drums…it was just a super botched play by JiF if scum, who I’d be let off the hook. Vote

29 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Just to be clear here, if there is a ninja I’m not saying they should reveal themself. If we do go this route the name needs to come from JiF first.

30 minutes of trying to type that with one hand will do that, ha

On 2/3/2023 at 3:00 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

*** FINAL Day 1 Vote Count ***

Jgb (11) - Jvill, Peen, JiF, JVOR, Hal, Barry, AVM, Ape, Beaver, Crusher, Hess

Hal (2) - Ballin,  Jgb

Peen (2) - Leelou, Stark

Barry (1) - Arsis

Verbal (1) - Lurker

Ape (1) - Smash

Crusher (1) - Drums

Pac (1) - BG

Lurker (1) - Pac

Not Voting (1) - Verbal

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  TODAY, 3 PM EST

I'm leaving this here for me, I added colors. Hoping to look at this closer later today/early tomorrow. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

I'm kind of stupid I think but where did you confirm the flavor name a day earlier? I'm not seeing it except after the lynch scene was already posted. 

80 posted the scene where the dude died and his role was hackey sack. Jif made a post saying "oh sh*t you made him a hackey sack so funny"

Ape is saying me calling jif out for that is giving scum a safe claim of hackney sack. My point is it long takes two dead vts for them to have that information and we were already at 1.

7 minutes ago, AVM said:

I’m town ninja with some 1x abilities to go with it, in the event there is another lie detector out there. I’ll share if/when I need to.  It makes sense with the flavor but I’ll leave that out..it and role cop are typically scum roles, I’ve had both be town in my own games before. JiFs definitely a role cop but our existence doesn’t vet the other as town or scum.

My gut is we may have a lot of people with 1x roles so a town role cop could make sense even if using it night 1 is stupid. To be fair, I had a few back and forth with Verb to draw attention. If there are a ton of 1x roles an unlimited role cop would make a lot of sense in creating chaos…but he says 1x. If scum, you claim it knowing there was suspicion from Leelou/verb yesterday and that you can feign “it’s usually a scum role,” but he played it asking for others input so it would be letting others do the legwork? I still think draws attention when he didn’t have much. The play as town makes sense except for burning it n1 before we have a sense of the makeup.

Drums burying a vote on crush then starting off today with voting one of our masons feels super gross…but so does a 1x role cop using it n1 in a huge game. I think I’m leaning drums…it was just a super botched play by JiF if scum, who I’d be let off the hook. Vote

I didn't know they were masons when I voted-- wasn't obvious to me as everyone else apparently. I didn't like Lee at the start of the day and did not trust anything she was saying. It is more obvious now, hence my unvote.

"Buried a vote" when I didn't want to lynch jgb and felt Crush was best guess as scum. Then went on a trip for the last two days of day 2. Still wouldn't have changed my vote though. 

I don't understand why town needs a Ninja.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AVM said:

Who are you voting 

WTF is going on around here?  The mad scramble for self reveals to kick off day 2 with no one under serious pressure is super strange.  I don't get the motivation behind this at all.

However, while I definitely am scratching my head a bit about JiF's quasi-reveal, some people trying to rush to push that as a lynch reason stinks to high holy heaven.  At this point I don't see the reason to keep the results a secret (particularly since AVM has already volunteered himself as the person JiF is talking about), as it could easily enough vet his role, even if not the alignment of it.  It would just seem to a really weird mafia play to rush out for a half-role reveal while being hesitant to drag anyone down with you.  While I get the idea behind the role not necessarily answering alignment, when you've already given this much info, might as well let us all figure that out.

However, some so quick to not only push to lynch JiF, but then say if his role comes up true to then lynch the person he investigated (seemingly AVM?) sounds like a horrible idea, particularly considering scum would know whether they have the ninja on their team, and if not it suddenly becomes an awfully convenient 2-for-1 deal to be blamed on JiF if it doesn't work out for town.

6 minutes ago, Arsis said:

80 posted the scene where the dude died and his role was hackey sack. Jif made a post saying "oh sh*t you made him a hackey sack so funny"

Ape is saying me calling jif out for that is giving scum a safe claim of hackney sack. My point is it long takes two dead vts for them to have that information and we were already at 1.

Ok, I thought you were saying you hinted at "hackey sack" before it was revealed hence pinning Jif.

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

I didn't know they were masons when I voted-- wasn't obvious to me as everyone else apparently. I didn't like Lee at the start of the day and did not trust anything she was saying. It is more obvious now, hence my unvote.

"Buried a vote" when I didn't want to lynch jgb and felt Crush was best guess as scum. Then went on a trip for the last two days of day 2. Still wouldn't have changed my vote though. 

I don't understand why town needs a Ninja.

*day 1