Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Are you being intentionally obtuse?  Because this isnt trivial.  I was clearly hesitant to share my results because I have role that could go either way.  So, when I found who I peeped was a Ninja, I presented the question of how it's typically aligned and havent shared the name accordingly.  I think (I dont remember games like many do here) if we've ever seen a town aligned Ninja because if we have, we should discuss it and I wont out a PR.

I'll hear you out, but my vote is staying for now.

8 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Hard time seeing why a “ninja” by itself would be a town role. A modifier for a separate role sure, but just simply ninja would seem to me to be protecting scum’s factional kill from watched/tracker detection.

I missed this but yes, I first assumed scum but wanted to make sure so I didnt share the name w/out discussing this first.  I'll let more chime in, I assume there is a tracker/watcher in the game, they should be quiet but they should at least understand that I've found the role designed to avoid them.

This is good though, you have 3 morons voting me, so we're getting some good intel as we more than likely have 1 scum in hand.

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

Holy sh*t, can some smart people start posting?   It's like playing mafia w/ my sisters kids.

I had to go grocery shopping lol

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Are you being intentionally obtuse?  Because this isnt trivial.  I was clearly hesitant to share my results because I have role that could go either way.  So, when I found who I peeped was a Ninja, I presented the question of how it's typically aligned and havent shared the name accordingly.  I think (I dont remember games like many do here) if we've ever seen a town aligned Ninja because if we have, we should discuss it and I wont out a PR.

This is why I haven’t voted you outright. TBH I don’t remember a game with a ninja in it, but I’m sure we’ve had some. 

There are a ton of people I’m not comfortable with in this game so far. Not sure if I’m just rusty, too many peeps, or too many people I haven’t played with yet contributing towards that. Only people I know are town are Verbal and myself. I’m sad we lost crusher because he was one of my stronger town leans. I had a minor town lean on you yesterday. 

Just now, Leelou said:

This is why I haven’t voted you outright. TBH I don’t remember a game with a ninja in it, but I’m sure we’ve had some. 

There are a ton of people I’m not comfortable with in this game so far. Not sure if I’m just rusty, too many peeps, or too many people I haven’t played with yet contributing towards that. Only people I know are town are Verbal and myself. I’m sad we lost crusher because he was one of my stronger town leans. I had a minor town lean on you yesterday. 

We've definitely had them, I just couldnt remember the alignment.  

Question for you; were you and Verb sent the same PM or did you join each other a some point in the game?

16 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Ok, so I went researching and didn't realize there is a whole mafia universe where you can play and research past games.  Not sure what fun that would be with people you don't know.   Best part of this game is the sh*t-talking.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/database/view/games/

JN, even at apathetic levels, is the best place to play Mafia.  Bar none.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Drums said:

Why did you vote him here?

14 hours ago, Drums said:

Was the VC even close at this point? Nope. You had 2 votes on you and yours was the 8th on jgb. So what did you mean by this? Did you think you were going to die?

Never mind, found out why you voted him:

So how informative was it for you? You seem to be taking credit for other people's call outs saying you did, but not like usual, it usually is to be a wise guy, here it feels like you're trying to prove you're town.

Okay, on the toilet, will try to answer here all at once.

1. It looks like you saw why I voted.

2. 2 votes or 20 at that moment didn’t matter, the fact was the push on interrogating me was the highest volume  activity for a while, given that and the sentiment of a handful of folks saying they coukd Lynch me but not voting me, I was taking into consideration the notorious big momentum swings that happen near deadline in mafia. So, ir wasn’t meant to be dramatic, just matter of fact.

3. I don’t know if I totally get the nuance of your last observation, but it’s your observation to have. People started casing me with false meta and what felt like narrative. I’m not do much trying to prove I’m town, I am town and trying to illustrate the nonsense. Not sure this helps with your question, but that’s that.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JiFields said:

I had a one time role cop look because I’m a slutty whore and I found a Ninja. 

Explains the hackey sack thing. Really awesome Arsis blew his wad and gave scum a safe claim.

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

oh wow, sounds awesome. why not just tell us all the details instead of whatever tf this is you're doing?

Haha, let it play out.

10 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Hard time seeing why a “ninja” by itself would be a town role. A modifier for a separate role sure, but just simply ninja would seem to me to be protecting scum’s factional kill from watched/tracker detection.

Role cop could be scum or town. So can ninja. So can tracker and watcher.

We need more info, honestly. Be silly to jump to conclusions  based on the wiki.

3 hours ago, JiFields said:

So I tell you I've potentially found scum and you follow Arsis, who attempted to out a PR at night?   lmfao   

Hahaha

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

Holy sh*t, can some smart people start posting?   It's like playing mafia w/ my sisters kids.

I am here.

I am not a hackey sack. Crusher was not a hackey sack. Both town.

All Arsis did was let us all know what vanilla town is, including scum.

Wonderful.

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

You think I’m scum. You are rusty.

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

I missed this but yes, I first assumed scum but wanted to make sure so I didnt share the name w/out discussing this first.  I'll let more chime in, I assume there is a tracker/watcher in the game, they should be quiet but they should at least understand that I've found the role designed to avoid them.

This is good though, you have 3 morons voting me, so we're getting some good intel as we more than likely have 1 scum in hand.

Yeah, I mean I do get why people would question the reveal and the post Barry questioned I had the same thought at first. The way it’s worded it struck me initially that you were hesitant to reveal your own role because people would think you were scum. After reading again I don’t think that was what you meant.

I do have some questions on your thought process but those are better answered once we have a name for this ninja you say you found, which right now is the far more interesting development and I don’t get why people are voting you at the very least until we get more clarity there. 

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Role cop could be scum or town. So can ninja. So can tracker and watcher.

We need more info, honestly. Be silly to jump to conclusions  based on the wiki.

Sure. But what’s the purpose of a town ninja, by itself? Every time I’ve seen ninja the purpose is to avoid detection, so uh what’s this hypothetical townie ninja doing on his visits? And why wouldn’t that also come up in the role cop investigation?

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

We've definitely had them, I just couldnt remember the alignment.  

Question for you; were you and Verb sent the same PM or did you join each other a some point in the game?

57 minutes ago, Leelou said:

We were sent the same PM

I don't like Leelou or Jif this game. If you are town, it'd be nice if you provided a little more detail.

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

I don't like Leelou or Jif this game. If you are town, it'd be nice if you provided a little more detail.

I’m admittedly very much a newb but town can’t win alone.   Getting 11 people on the same page is difficult and it’s towns only way to win - find the scum and vote them out.

I imagine It would be tough to fake it for every post, so scum would want to avoid taking a stand or posting often.  I think they will be nervous to go all in on explaining why when they do try.

Town’s best chance is to create and environment of being an open book and posting lots.

Being evasive is very much going to “ping”.  Revealing stuff that isn’t conclusive and might come from a scum roll also pings.  

Laughing at someone trying to figure it out and treating them like they are stupid for asking questions that would naturally ask also pings.   That would be in a scum tool box.  

4 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I’m admittedly very much a newb but town can’t win alone.   Getting 11 people on the same page is difficult and it’s towns only way to win - find the scum and vote them out.

I imagine It would be tough to fake it for every post, so scum would want to avoid taking a stand or posting often.  I think they will be nervous to go all in on explaining why when they do try.

Town’s best chance is to create and environment of being an open book and posting lots.

Being evasive is very much going to “ping”.  Revealing stuff that isn’t conclusive and might come from a scum roll also pings.  

Laughing at someone trying to figure it out and treating them like they are stupid for asking questions that would naturally ask also pings.   That would be in a scum tool box.  

Yet I have asked you a few questions, especially one about your Jif read on day 1 and why it changed, but you did not answer (even though you posted after I asked). If you can still explain that, I'd be open to hearing it.

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Yet I have asked you a few questions, especially one about your Jif read on day 1 and why it changed, but you did not answer (even though you posted after I asked). If you can still explain that, I'd be open to hearing it.

I did answer.  

JiF Seemed surly and less interested last game.   He was town.  

This game he came in having fun and engaged so I figured he drew a roll he thought was fun. 

The part I forgot was he was a town who was lover to Mafia.   So his game was kind of screwed from the start last time.  Also I was reading too much into being “different”. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I did answer.  

JiF Seemed surly and less interested last game.   He was town.  

This game he came in having fun and engaged so I figured he drew a roll he thought was fun. 

The part I forgot was he was a town who was lover to Mafia.   So his game was kind of screwed from the start last time.  Also I was reading too much into being “different”. 

Thank you. I was in a fog yesterday trying to catch up after my trip. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Leelou said:

I mean role cop in itself can be either town or scum aligned. 

4 hours ago, JiFields said:

True.  Part of the reason I asked and havent given the name.

I have a few issues with what you're doing but the above exchange is what makes me look at you sideways. You claim to have a 1 time role cop and have found a ninja, which you're questioning the alignment on. OK, fine, even though as jvill points out it doesn't make much sense for a town ninja.

The problem I have with the exchange above is that it makes no sense. The fact that a role cop can be either alignment should have no impact on your decision to give the name of someone you claim to have looked up and found is a ninja. When people lie, they often get caught because they forget details of the lie they're telling. I think that's what happened to you in this exchange.

I haven’t played a game with a ninja, but it sounds more beneficial to scum than town to me. I’d consider it similar to a miller type of role but for watcher/tracker. In any event, if you’re telling the truth, it’d not be a valuable town role of it was town and is actually anti-town if you think about it. 

If we validated this info, it really just validates your power and not alignment as role cop can be either alignment. That being said, that doesn’t mean you should get lynched for it, especially before revealing who. That’s a huge FOS to the people trying to run you up right now. Barry and beaver and drums especially have been around a minute and I think the reaction is suspect af. Hal has been all over the place and inconsistent and I can go there as well. Arsis I can’t tell if he’s just trolling or what. 

My vote is you reveal the who, we confirm with the party whether that is valid, and go from there. If this reveal was done at Lynch or lose, i’d be more suspect, but you’re doing it early and from gut feeling it seems like you’re doing it to maximize info personally.