If Rodgers is a Jet

Packers12

I drove back down from L.I. to SC last night and listened to various Sirius talk shows the entire 11 hour drive. Here are a few takeaways.

1. when we discuss potential salaries for these FA QBs, we’re grossly underestimating the market. Almost everyone thought Carr and Jones will get at least $40m.

2. One very interesting segment was how the Jets are in a win now position with a very good roster, except for QB (obviously) but the thought was we were stuck in the middle right now and not in a very good spot.

The feeling is the Jets should, and want to wait on Rodgers, as he’s clearly the best QB available yet by doing so they risk losing Carr.
The host brought up a very interesting scenario when he said if he were Carr and he wanted to play for the Jets, he’d tell JD to “give me your best offer right now, or I’m moving on.” That would be the worst case scenario for the Jets, but the host and a lot of other people who chimed in said we’d be better served to wait on Rodgers.

Their issue though was that if we don’t get Rodgers, the other options other than Carr would be way too costly for the return we would get. They predict Tannehill 35m, Mayfield 30-35, Jimmy G about the same. Everyone felt Jones gets around 40 per if he isn’t tagged and more next year if he is.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Apparently on one of Boomer's shows Rodgers is open to playing for the Jets and willing to take less if Woody spends that cash in FA instead.

spider man premature ejaculation GIF

I heard him driving into work this morning.

maybe he has inside info but you got to be a bit skeptical.

he wants the jets, he will restructure for less so jd can spend more in fa. He will teach Wilson so he can take over after2 years.

if the above is true then Halle berry is sitting in my driveway in a convertible Bentley

27 minutes ago, Trotter said:

he wants the jets, he will restructure for less so jd can spend more in fa. He will teach Wilson so he can take over after2 years.

if the above is true then Halle berry is sitting in my driveway in a convertible Bentley

I get it. Stuff like that doesn't happen for the Jets. Maybe the hallucinogens are working in the Jets' favor though. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Yeah, from what you’re saying Boomer is trying to convince everyone he emerged from the cave as Mother Teresa redux.

11 hours ago, Stark said:

thats not totally accurate. there is a light if needed and he could leave at anytime if he wants. 4 days was the maximum. 

Rodgers could have went in, slept for a day, woke up and said F it, flipped on the light an left.

Interesting but makes sense. Still the core of it is the same.