The Commanders have released QB Carson Wentz

C Mart

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are some of you out there that are still surprised that a highly drafted QB can disappoint/bust?  Seriously?  

I am not surprised that top players bust. It happens. Why do you think I am surprised?  My point is that Wentz has been a decent to above average Qb in a league where you need a decent QB to compete. He threw 27 Tds to 7 INTs for the Colts 2 seasons ago and they bailed on him. he's had similar seasons of success as well.  My question is why would teams dump him? The only logical reason is that he is an awful teammate/person. 

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

He’s broken. He hasn’t been the same since he got benched. My guess is his confidence is shot and he never got it back. In addition to that, there are plenty of reports out there that he isn’t a good leader, and isn’t likable. Not having confidence, not being a good leader, and not being liked at the position means you aren’t a good qb. These 3 characteristics are also where Zach Wilson appears to be lacking as well…

wentz can’t be an option here. You can have two qbs in here that aren’t leaders and have no confidence trying to run this teams offense.

I totally agree and do not want Wentz as an option, 

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

i know it's said A LOT and i've said it a couple times - but if the jets roll into training camp with Wentz and Wilson as their top 2 QBs, i'm done here.

The Jets signing Wentz to pair him with Wilson (i.e. to have Wilson get his 2nd shot to start in 2023) would be near peak Jetsyness.  

At first I was like "no way", but now that I think about it, and my belief that JD still wants Wilson to be the man, it's more possible than I'd prefer.

"There Jets Fans, we got our veteran starter for you, now stfu, lolz" - JD

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

The Jets signing Wentz to pair him with Wilson (i.e. to have Wilson get his 2nd shot to start in 2023) would be near peak Jetsyness.  

At first I was like "no way", but now that I think about it, and my belief that JD still wants Wilson to be the man, it's more possible than I'd prefer.

"There Jets Fans, we got our veteran starter for you, now stfu, lolz" - JD

Only if Baker tells us hell no

• Upvote 1

JD is sending out the signals that they are interested in other QBs.  He knows he needs his draft picks.   Woody and the biz guys want Rodgers.   He will take Rodgers and the later cap disaster for low draft pick compensation.  Wentz would be good in KC.  Maybe our team can coach him.   

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2023 at 6:33 PM, Kleckineau said:

Or the Commanders cut him loose to make cap space to sign Derek Carr.

The save 26 million. It sure sounds that way. But why would Carr choose (ugh) Commanders (ugh)