The Commanders have released QB Carson Wentz

C Mart

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is our future!!  Sign him up long-term!  10 year deal!

Our future is our past.  Threads wondering if we should sign every sh*tty failed QB in the NFL.  Surprised I have not seen that we should bring Jamarcus Russell in for a try-out.

10 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think we all feel it....the dots connecting....with a wave of impending doom.

JD drafted this kid....

we miss out on Rodgers and Carr...

Garoppolo asks for insane money and gets it in Houston or Atlanta....

Tannehill isn't released....

You can this coming, a scenario that swings through with a sharp blade and cuts indiscriminately through the hearts of this fan base.

Carson Wentz, Mike White, and Zack Wilson QB1 fill up the QB room.

Robert Saleh crying in the locker room as he knows his tenure is up and he'll be a DC in 2024.

Joe Douglas smiling to Woody Johnson holding back the pain, like a pet owner telling their dog they're going to the park, when they're on their way to the vet to be put down.

The pain continues....relentlessly never-ending. Good quarterbacks are an allergen to this franchise.

Douglas left the Bears and signed with Philly on May 7, 2016.  Wentz was drafted April 28, 2016.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Carson Wentz is a decent QB and at times has shown to be above average. Cant remember officially but I feel like he was a top 5 pick in the draft he came out. So what gives? Is he an awful teammate? Teams can't wait to get rid of him. How else can you explain his career?

I explain his career by him not  being a decent QB.  He was also overpaid, injury prone.  I guess he is not really the best teammate either, but that is down the list IMO.

• Upvote 1

This isn't a bad solution to a difficult situation. He won on a very good team with a great defense and a good offense. That seems to be about where we are at. It all depends on what he will play for, the length of a contract, and if the Jets feel ZW is a bust or salvagable. 

Overpaying an aging fading star (Rodgers) or a guy who isn't working out for another team (Jackson/Carr) is not a great recipe. Again, is Zw a complete bust?  

18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Douglas left the Bears and signed with Philly on May 7, 2016.  Wentz was drafted April 28, 2016.

This is a great source of relief....it would be so SOJ if we signed Wentz as our starter.

Although I'd rather Wentz be our starter for 8 million for 1 year than paying Garoppolo or Tannehill 25-30 million per year for 2-3 years.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I explain his career by him not  being a decent QB.  He was also overpaid, injury prone.  I guess he is not really the best teammate either, but that is down the list IMO.

Not sure of your definition of decent but here are his career stats. If Zach had a year like any of Wentz's we'd have built a staue by now.  Wentz hasnt had a season where he threw more INTs than TDs. Most recently had an above average season with the Colts with 27 TYDs to 7 Ints in 2021. He's had other similar seasons. With stats like these and a need for decent to good QBs he has to be a horrible teammate. Wouldnt you agree or am I missing something? 

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Career

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think we all feel it....the dots connecting....with a wave of impending doom.

JD drafted this kid....

we miss out on Rodgers and Carr...

Garoppolo asks for insane money and gets it in Houston or Atlanta....

Tannehill isn't released....

You can this coming, a scenario that swings through with a sharp blade and cuts indiscriminately through the hearts of this fan base.

Carson Wentz, Mike White, and Zack Wilson QB1 fill up the QB room.

Robert Saleh crying in the locker room as he knows his tenure is up and he'll be a DC in 2024.

Joe Douglas smiling to Woody Johnson holding back the pain, like a pet owner telling their dog they're going to the park, when they're on their way to the vet to be put down.

The pain continues....relentlessly never-ending. Good quarterbacks are an allergen to this franchise.

Or the Commanders cut him loose to make cap space to sign Derek Carr.

• Sympathy 2

This guy is borderline out of the league.  He's currently a bottom tier starter, but is actively physically declining and his temperament is toxic and not conducive to being a backup.

He probably gets one last chance at whichever team fails the qb moving chair carousel this year, but even thats unclear.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Carson Wentz is a decent QB and at times has shown to be above average. Cant remember officially but I feel like he was a top 5 pick in the draft he came out. So what gives? Is he an awful teammate? Teams can't wait to get rid of him. How else can you explain his career?

He got blasted in the head and was never the same. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Copernicus said:

There are some of you out there that are still surprised that a highly drafted QB can disappoint/bust?  Seriously?  

Carson Wentz had that amazing "stat" year in 2019.  4,000 + yards 27 \ 7. Oh and he had a Super team that didn't do as well.

He has had several seasons were he has been very mediocre.

Basically he had two chances to realistically win the Super Bowl with Eagles.  And has had some blah years, last year being the head of that list. 

You can't even bring him in here as a backup. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are some of you out there that are still surprised that a highly drafted QB can disappoint/bust?  Seriously?  

Show your work.

Oh wait I have spent the last few years asking you to stop showing your work. Nevermind LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Copernicus said:

He’s broken. He hasn’t been the same since he got benched. My guess is his confidence is shot and he never got it back. In addition to that, there are plenty of reports out there that he isn’t a good leader, and isn’t likable. Not having confidence, not being a good leader, and not being liked at the position means you aren’t a good qb. These 3 characteristics are also where Zach Wilson appears to be lacking as well…

wentz can’t be an option here. You can have two qbs in here that aren’t leaders and have no confidence trying to run this teams offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Copernicus said:

He was drafted #2 overall ... kiss of death for a QB. :D 

• Haha 1