The Buggieman's Jets draft

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

sure, but i dont think either of those guys fall to our respective picks

Presuming that’s from his 3/10 mock. His top ten had all four QBs go, Carter, Anderson, Nolan Smith, Tyree Wilson, Christian Gonzalez, and Skoronski all gone, which seems odd at this stage

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Barton said:

Spending this many high picks on the Oline over 3 years is ridiculous. 

Well, yes but you can’t predict the injury bug. Think about how good the oline would be today if becton, Clark, avt, and Mitchell didn’t miss any games due to injury.  Unfortunately this is where the jets are and they need to use the assets on oline.  Bringing in two year guys like brown or Tomlinson or even fant just isn’t going to work very well.

• Sympathy 1

I thought Parish Johnson was a stud. Turns out he has flaws in the run game. Great at walling guys off guy and working up to the next level. But he creates absolutely no push even against the tiny DEs. They always anchor him at the LOS. So is this just an overall lack of strength? 

Keeanu Benton is a solid prospect. Not sure if he's a fit as someone that's quick to shoot the gap.

Edit:

Garret Williams is a stud. Would definitely pick him in the 4th round better yet the 5th. Very physical CB. 

9 hours ago, Barton said:

Spending this many high picks on the Oline over 3 years is ridiculous. 

Imo, you can never go wrong investing heavily in the trenches.  

I prefer drafting receiver early though.  JSN at 13 with T (Jones/Smith/Wright/Mauch one will be there) at 42 and the C at 43 would serve the team better.  JSN in the slot is everything I hoped Moore would be.  Wilson, Davis, and Lazard outside is a TOP group especially when Breece comes back and teams are forced to stack the box to stop him.  IF Rodgers isn't washed, it's the best offense we've had in decades on paper. 

Hopefully they don't give any of those picks up for Aaron.  

Creating a pipeline at WR and Edge will set this team up for the future with the comp game.  The contracts for those positions are cap crippling if you have to spend on more than one.  I'd rotate T, Edge, WR, and CB in the first round every four years. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Depending on what you read, it’s unlikely all of Tyree Wilson, Gonzalez, and Nolan Smith go top ten

I don't think I've seen Nolan Smith projected as a top 10 pick for some time now. Maybe something has changed? His spider chart is scary lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't think I've seen Nolan Smith projected as a top 10 pick for some time now. Maybe something has changed? His spider chart is scary lol

I think there’s some Travon Walker anxiety from the draft media community re: Nolan Smith.