Collin Coward's Superbowl bubble

39 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Did I say that?  
For the 1,000th time, he had rookie raw receivers and an injured throwing hand.  He plays on a shltty GB team.   
He doesn’t have to return to mvp status.  He’s going to be a top of the league QB who evens the Jets chances in every game they play

I didn't say you said it.  

I was honestly curious about your position on it.

So, by evening the Jets chances - you believe he's still a top 5 QB?

Honestly, I am curious about what you think.

So, does he return to MVP form?
If not, what's your best guess as to how much better he is than last year?
You didn't ask me but I'd say 63% completion rate, 4,000 yards, 30 TD's, 5 INT's. Not MVP form but enough to get us to the dance.

Just now, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:
So, does he return to MVP form?
If not, what's your best guess as to how much better he is than last year?

You didn't ask me but I'd say 63% completion rate, 4,000 yards, 30 TD's, 5 INT's. Not MVP form but enough to get us to the dance.

That would be a solid line.  Yeah, a decline from his best, but I could live with that.  

I think that probably gets you in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah, that was in the last five minutes.  Stuff like that for two months - there's been a lot of it.

Not trolling just being realistic.  The fan base right now is not. 

Nah, that was 1 person and you've gone full troll.  You dont even have a real take.  You've been talking out both sides of your mouth since you started this troll routine.  Shame on me for thinking taking a different approach would create a different result. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Nah, that was 1 person and you've gone full troll.  You dont even have a real take.  You've been talking out both sides of your mouth since you started this troll routine.  Shame on me for thinking taking a different approach would create a different result. 

Honestly.  I'll leave it/you alone after this but I'm not trolling and definitely not talking about of both sides of my mouth.

I am happy he's here - while I do think we waaaay over paid - He's here now and I'm glad he's a Jets.  Major upgrade to anything we've had in a very long time.

But I have real concerns about his sharp decline last year.  It happens all the time with age in the NFL, quite often you don't see a slow and steady fall-off but guys just hit a wall.  I believe that is a legitimate concern - while virtually everyone else here is completely discounting it.  I honestly believe when a 39 year old QB has, by far, his worst year as a pro - age is likely to be the driving force behind it.

With that said, you could absolutely be correct and it was more - he was just demotivated in GB, new OC, banged up a bit and lacking talent - all combined for him to have that big drop off.  Surely it's possible and certainly had something to do with it. 

But it seems like I'm continually pressing one side - because there seems to be only one acceptable expectation on JN.  Show any concerns about Rodgers and get attacked.

So if it's trolling to express real concerns - then you're right.  I just don't see it that way.

That would be a solid line.  Yeah, a decline from his best, but I could live with that.  
If that doesn't get you into the playoffs it because your defense grossly underperformed. It would r be because of Rodgers. I didn't give him more TD's because they like to run the ball.

14 hours ago, slats said:

What, exactly, does this “ton of really big ?” entail? I mean, I’m not counting Lombardi Trophies before they’re hatched or anything, but the only big, massive, question mark I see for this team is health. If they can break the streak of being one of the league’s most snake-bitten teams this year, there’s little reason to think that they aren’t a playoff caliber team, imho.

But, please enlighten me. Before you start, I know Aaron Rodgers is old, so you can skip that one. 

And really, “could be special or the wheels could come off,” probably applies to a solid 80-90% of the league. It’s hardly a hot take. 

seems like the poster wants to have it both ways.  he wins bragging rights if the Jets under-perform and is happy if they do well.

59 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

so 30 TD and 5 INT "probably" gets you into the play-offs?  LOL.  

you "probably" can't name a QB with 30 TDs and less than 10 INT who didn't make the playoffs in recent history.  Let alone with a top 10 defense.

but you "probably" are trolling so who knows.

46 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

so 30 TD and 5 INT "probably" gets you into the play-offs?  LOL.  

you "probably" can't name a QB with 30 TDs and less than 10 INT who didn't make the playoffs in recent history.  Let alone with a top 10 defense.

but you "probably" are trolling so who knows.

In a division with the Bills and Dolphins and a loaded AFC -  it's definitely not a sure thing.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I didn't say you said it.  

I was honestly curious about your position on it.

So, by evening the Jets chances - you believe he's still a top 5 QB?

Honestly, I am curious about what you think.

Yes, they have a top 5 QB who on any given Sunday gives the Jets a chance of winning.  Something I haven’t felt in years 

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly.  I'll leave it/you alone after this but I'm not trolling and definitely not talking about of both sides of my mouth.

I am happy he's here - while I do think we waaaay over paid - He's here now and I'm glad he's a Jets.  Major upgrade to anything we've had in a very long time.

But I have real concerns about his sharp decline last year.  It happens all the time with age in the NFL, quite often you don't see a slow and steady fall-off but guys just hit a wall.  I believe that is a legitimate concern - while virtually everyone else here is completely discounting it.  I honestly believe when a 39 year old QB has, by far, his worst year as a pro - age is likely to be the driving force behind it.

With that said, you could absolutely be correct and it was more - he was just demotivated in GB, new OC, banged up a bit and lacking talent - all combined for him to have that big drop off.  Surely it's possible and certainly had something to do with it. 

But it seems like I'm continually pressing one side - because there seems to be only one acceptable expectation on JN.  Show any concerns about Rodgers and get attacked.

So if it's trolling to express real concerns - then you're right.  I just don't see it that way.

To summarize;

- the Jets lack any threat at WR beyond G. Wilson and if he is injured, the Jets are screwed.

- the Jets have no RB.

- the Jets have no TE's

- the Jets have no T's

- Aaron Rodgers is on a sharp decline and will suck here

but, you're super excited he's here and cant wait for the season and you're actually really not trolling.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

the Jets lack any threat at WR beyond G. Wilson and if he is injured, the Jets are screwed.

Never mentioned anything about injuries - you could say that about any team or any player.  G Wilson has no injury history I'm aware of - so def. not making that statement,  They have 1 WR that scares anyone - it's all I'm saying.  

the Jets have no RB.

I said RB is a huge question mark.  And it is.  We don't know what Hall will be, the other two guys coming back were awful down the stretch - no idea what the rookie will be.

the Jets have no TE's

TE's are mediocre is what said.

- the Jets have no T's

We have one starting caliber T is what I said - and he's 38 years old.

Aaron Rodgers is on a sharp decline and will suck here

Aaron Rodgers showed a sharp decline last year - that is a fact - and he's going to be 40 - also a fact..  

I have concerns that the decline wasn't due to bad a thumb but may very well be driven by his age.  It is a legitimate concern - that all Jet fans should share.

but, you're super excited he's here and cant wait for the season and you're actually really not trolling.

This is Correct.  

Having concerns - yet, being excited and optimistic is quite reasonable.  As I've said - over and over again in this thread..., I am in agreement with Cowherd, who said - the Jets can absolutely be "Special" this year.  But if those concerns are realized things can go badly.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

To summarize;

- the Jets lack any threat at WR beyond G. Wilson and if he is injured, the Jets are screwed.

- the Jets have no RB.

- the Jets have no TE's

- the Jets have no T's

You know what gets Fidelio excited?  A QB spinning around in circles whilst running from pressure.  That's what really gets him going.  Off platform babyyyyy

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You know what gets Fidelio excited?  A QB spinning around in circles whilst running from pressure.  That's what really gets him going.  Off platform babyyyyy

Hey man, Rodgers could be great, or he could suck.  Hey man, the Jets could be special, or they could suck!  Hey man, the Jets, unlike any other team in the league, needs things to break right for them to win or they could suck!  Hey man, I'm highly highly concerned about the roster and the QB and the coaching staff and I dont think the team is nowhere near all those really good teams who had everything break right for them and fail to make the Super Bowl but bro, I'm so super duper excited about the season because it could be great, or it could be really bad but it's definitely not a contender type year and all these fans saying that are just dead wrong or maybe they're not but we wont know or dont know because Rodgers is old and not very good anymore the thumb thing was a lie, so it's probably going to be really bad unless, its' not and stuff goes right for the Jets, then maybe things are good but probably not. because yo peep this roster and my subjective views on why it sucks but the same logic doesnt apply to other teams, so go Jets!  I'm pumped! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JiF said:

To summarize;

- the Jets have no RB.

- the Jets have no TE's

- the Jets have no T's

The most valid criticism there is us not having any good receivers after Garrett Wilson.  We definitely need to be on the phone with Hopkins like now.  We also don’t have a backup qb 

The rest of your points I just disagree.

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The most valid criticism there is us not having any good receivers after Garrett Wilson.  We definitely need to be on the phone with Hopkins like now.  We also don’t have a backup qb 

The rest of your points I just disagree.

lol, this isnt my list, Richy T.

And I disagree that they dont have "good WR's" after G.Wilson.  Davis, Lazard, Hardman, Cobb.  It's a very talented veteran lead group after Wilson and 2 of them happen to be intimately familiar w/ the new system and also favorite targets of the new QB. I think people are really sleeping on Lazard's talent.  6'5 230 and ascending a player who's caught more balls year over year, every year of his career.  Jets fans are going to love Lazard. 

What I find laughable about the concern of the WR depth, is last year, for Zach ******* Wilson, there was no excuses, he's loaded at the skills dept.  Fast forward a year, they've upgraded WR considerably, and suddenly it's not adequate for the one of the greatest QB of all time?

Bizarro world sh*t right there. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol, this isnt my list, Richy T.

And I disagree that they dont have "good WR's" after G.Wilson.  Davis, Lazard, Hardman, Cobb.  It's a very talented veteran lead group after Wilson and 2 of them happen to be intimately familiar w/ the new system and also favorite targets of the new QB. I think people are really sleeping on Lazard's talent.  6'5 230 and ascending a player who's caught more balls year over year, every year of his career.  Jets fans are going to love Lazard. 

What I find laughable about the concern of the WR depth, is last year, for Zach ******* Wilson, there was no excuses, he's loaded at the skills dept.  Fast forward a year, they've upgraded WR considerably, and suddenly it's not adequate for the one of the greatest QB of all time?

Bizarro world sh*t right there. 

Davis and Lazard are mediocre and Cobb was done 6 years ago.  JD needs to be going full court press after Hopkins.  It’s a team sport.  Rodgers needs someone to throw to who is actually good

And if you think I’m somehow defending Zach Wilson that’s funny.  

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Hey man, Rodgers could be great, or he could suck.  Hey man, the Jets could be special, or they could suck!  Hey man, the Jets, unlike any other team in the league, needs things to break right for them to win or they could suck!  Hey man, I'm highly highly concerned about the roster and the QB and the coaching staff and I dont think the team is nowhere near all those really good teams who had everything break right for them and fail to make the Super Bowl but bro, I'm so super duper excited about the season because it could be great, or it could be really bad but it's definitely not a contender type year and all these fans saying that are just dead wrong or maybe they're not but we wont know or dont know because Rodgers is old and not very good anymore the thumb thing was a lie, so it's probably going to be really bad unless, its' not and stuff goes right for the Jets, then maybe things are good but probably not. because yo peep this roster and my subjective views on why it sucks but the same logic doesnt apply to other teams, so go Jets!  I'm pumped! 

JN, 1 year ago:  “O Captain my Captain.”

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Davis and Lazard are mediocre and Cobb was done 6 years ago.  JD needs to be going full court press after Hopkins.  It’s a team sport.  Rodgers needs someone to throw to who is actually good

And if you think I’m somehow defending Zach Wilson that’s funny.  

The fact of the matter is; Lazard is an upgrade over Moore, Hardman is an upgrade over Berrios, Cobb is an upgrade over Jeff Wilson.  The depth at WR is better, these guys are actually good.

Nobody said you were defending Zach Wilson, Richy T.  I said, last year people were saying that Zack had no excuses because the Jets had plenty of skills players.  Well, the skills players are much better and now they have Rodgers, so it doesnt really make any sense to be concerned about WR depth and feel the need to press for Hopkins.

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2023 at 1:12 PM, hawk said:

The only reason Collin Cowherd has any relevance is because some actually give him a platform.  

Who gives a flying **** about what this tool has to say, let alone think his opinion matters at all?

Cowherd owns jet fans.  Anything he says is life and death to them.

• Thumb Down 1

On 5/30/2023 at 10:18 AM, FidelioJet said:

Once again.  If you look at this offense and see SB caliber talent capable of going toe to toe with the Chiefs, Bengals and Eagles... - then good for you.  I'm happy you feel that way.

I am sorry but barring everything falling the right way for them - I just don't see it right now.

I think we do have SB talent that can go toe to toe.  I don't see SB coaching that can go toe to toe with the top guys in either confrence.  Put Andey Ried on the Jets and Bob Saleh on the Chiefs I would put money on the Jets on the road against the Chiefs all day long.  

The big Question mark for the NY Jets this season is the HC and OC.  Rodgers loves him but he didn't call the plays in GB and he sucked donkey balls in Denver.   Saleh needs to step up big time this year.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

The fact of the matter is; Lazard is an upgrade over Moore, Hardman is an upgrade over Berrios, Cobb is an upgrade over Jeff Wilson.  The depth at WR is better, these guys are actually good.

Nobody said you were defending Zach Wilson, Richy T.  I said, last year people were saying that Zack had no excuses because the Jets had plenty of skills players.  Well, the skills players are much better and now they have Rodgers, so it doesnt really make any sense to be concerned about WR depth and feel the need to press for Hopkins.

I don’t think Lazard is a significant upgrade over Moore and I don’t think Moore is good.  Hardman is a JAG.   Cobb is an upgrade over nobody he is a has been who is only still in the nfl because Aaron Rodgers likes him

I guess it doesn’t sound scientific to say that but it is what it is.  None of these WRs aside from Wilson are good.

17 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I don’t think Lazard is a significant upgrade over Moore and I don’t think Moore is good.  Hardman is a JAG.   Cobb is an upgrade over nobody he is a has been who is only still in the nfl because Aaron Rodgers likes him

I guess it doesn’t sound scientific to say that but it is what it is.  None of these WRs aside from Wilson are good.

Lazard is a significant upgrade over Moore in size, system, production, character and chemistry w/ your new QB.  He has 7 inches and 40 lbs on him and gives up barely a second of speed.  It's not even remotely close how much Lazard will do here then Moore, who didnt want to play here.

Hardman was the 2nd leading receiver for the Chiefs at one point, is one of the fastest players in the NFL and is 10x the player of Braxton Berrios. 

Cobb is an upgrade over Jeff Wilson and is still in the NFL because he catches the ball and is where he is supposed to be and is a first down machine.  His veteran presence, knowledge in the system and chemistry w/ Rodgers gives you an actual option to play significant snaps if someone in front of him gets hurt.

The one year Corey Davis has competent QB play, he was a fantastic #2 WR. 

It doesnt take science to recognize a clear upgrade in the WR room.  It just takes pulling your head out of your ass.

Trying to understand; who watches Cowherd, or Bayles, or any of the legion of crap on ESPN? And why do you watch it? They have all these hours of broadcasting they have to fill all day, but nothing of substance to say. And really they don't know any more than anyone else. And given the production of any show takes time, they cannot watch all the sports they claim to know so much about. Same thing with sports radio. 

It's a living, I guess? If ESPN or Fox is going to throw $ around, somebody is gonna take it.