Collin Coward's Superbowl bubble

7 hours ago, slats said:

But, please enlighten me. Before you start, I know Aaron Rodgers is old, so you can skip that one. 

It's not just that he's old 

He was also really meh last season 

Jets fans are basically in denial about Rodgers 2022 film

It happened. And it's not just the injury to his thumb. He's missing throws, he's missing open men and he's getting killed by pressure 

sh*t. He lost to Zach wilson for Christ's sake 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah.

KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Philly and SF are teams that, barring catastrophic injuries, are in no concern of falling apart.  These teams will most certainly be a SB threat all season.

You just can't say that about the Jets right now.  There's a difference.

Again, if some of you want to believe there are no holes or concerns on this team - so be it.  Honestly, good for you.  

Really?  Because of any of those teams lost a key or key players they’d be fine?  What logic is behind the Jets with at least as much talent as buffalo, cincy, SF can fall apart but those 3 can’t?  OK, because you worry who’s playing TE for the Jets while SF has QB issues.  And as I said, compare the Jets to others and stop being closed to the idea that buffalo, cincy & SF don’t have holes.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

We only need to pay attention to those who say things we agree with. Anyone else is dumb.

BTW I love that the guy who started this thread agrees with you that Cowherd is irrelevant. And yet, here we are talking about Cowherd again thanks to him. 🙄

Oh.

I don't really listen to any talking head.  I watch the games.  

That's just me though.

42 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's not about "Super Bowl talent" - its about your nonsensical subjective criteria.  You cant even name the Chiefs starting RB let alone their #2 WR.  How you leverage talent to win varies from team to team and just like any team that has the talent, it's going to take "everything falling right for them" to win/get to the SB.  

Why didnt the Bengals, Bills, 49'ers get to the Super Bow?  Why didnt the Eagles win it?  Was it because of their #2 WR?  

If you're trying to compare Pat Mahomes to 40 year old Rodgers then that's where you lose me.

If you believe you're getting MVP Rodgers then I can understand your unbridled enthusiams.

But, It really does seem to come down to our disconnect on Rodgers.

You think him having, by far, his worst year as a pro at age 39 was because of a sore thumb.  I think it's more likely due to Father Time.  You seem to expect a 40 year old Rodgers to return to MVP form - I think it's more likely you'll see a lot of what you saw last year from him. 

So when you try and compare this Jet team to KC, Buffalo and Cincy I just don't buy it.  I think the Jets need more talent than the those teams to be a legit SB contender - and right now I do not believe they have it.

• Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It happened. And it's not just the injury to his thumb. He's missing throws, he's missing open men and he's getting killed by pressure 

Meh and it’s Jets fans in denial.

Was 3,700 yards, 65% comp, 26 TDs, 12 INTs?  First under 4K season since 2007, the first double digit INT season since 2010?  
Aaron Rodgers like?  No, but really?  Playing injured, playing with little at his skill positions.  Meh. Yeah it’s Jets fans.  Like there is debate from anywhere other than you about Rodgers 

I’m guessing you refuse to believ that the throws he missed had nothing to do with a thumb or the WR being in the wrong place.  You know, you alone have this concern

Just now, nycdan said:

Here's a question to ponder.

If Rodgers was our starting QB last season and stayed healthy, what would our record have been?

I'll show myself out.

Rodgers was a middle of the road QB last year.  Middle of the road QB is probably worth a couple more wins.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Rodgers was a middle of the road QB last year.  Middle of the road QB is probably worth a couple more wins.

Who was injured and the two seasons prior to which he was the NFLs MVP.  You are so wrapped up with ranking your QBs.  Mahomes is the best does that mean he wins every game because he’s the top QB?  Can/has he not been outplayed?  
You’re middle of the road QB valuation, along with bit is comical

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m guessing you refuse to believ that the throws he missed had nothing to do with a thumb or the WR being in the wrong place.  You know, you alone have this concern

He's missed big throws in big spots his entire career. Not just in 2022. He's a .500 player in the playoffs, 12-10 lifetime

He's known in GBP for coming up small in playoff-type spots

it's more than just "he lost Devante Adams and he hurt his thumb *but not bad enough to miss time* 

This is not about belief. It's about film. I don't think the casual Jets fan has watched Aaron Rodgers' games that closely. We look at the stats.

Here's a stat: he lost 9 times last year, the worst was probably vs Goff week 18 at home to go to the playoffs

I mean, whatever. You're all going to find out this guy is not the guy he was in 2010. and you'll believe what you want until then

my hope is that people don't believe. Look at film. Find the stats. The trend lines. He's better than what we've watched before but he's got a long way to prove he's worth 100 mil and a 1st rd pick 

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

They have holes and questions marks at every position group on offense.

• You have one starting caliber T and he's 38 
  • You don't have a #2 WR - Garret Wilson and then very little that's going to scare anyone
  • What Breece Hall will be is a HUGE question mark, you then have two guys that were awful last year and late round draft pick
  • TE's - are mediocre at best

I mostly don't disagree.  Never said it was a hot take - said it was a fair one.  He had a small handful of teams 5 or 6 that he felt were top tier - (20% of 32 team is 6 or 7) then he had the Jets and Fish in the Special but concerns bucket.  I think that was fair.

Again, you want to think this team is loaded and in no need of help with only potential injuries holding them back - so be it.  I disagree.  I think this team, specifically the offense, has real concerns right now.

I never said the team was loaded, and I’m not sure I’ve heard it from anyone else. Not sure why that’s all you’re able to hear and regurgitate. What I see is a team that was 7-4 before the proverbial wheels fell off due to injury, and they got there with atrocious QB play. 

The Jets have a number of starting OTs on the roster. You can not believe in Becton, and that’s fine. I wouldn’t bet on him without some favorable odds. But I do see a player in a contract year looking to get his career on track in the best shape of his life along with a 180° change in attitude. AVT and Mitchell played decent or better there last year, and they’ve added Turner and Warren. Fans have an issue with Becton, but my personal belief is that the Jets were probably targeting an OT to replace Brown (potential $9M in cap savings), not Becton (guaranteed salary, no cap relief if cut). Tippmann should prove to be a major upgrade at center, which should help solidify the entire OL. 

I’ve no interest going position by position, the Jets may not be top heavy at any skill position, but they’re deep in all of them. It’s a good group that Rodgers can work with, better than what he’s been used to the last couple years. 

You don’t mention the defense, but that’s probably because it’s already playoff caliber with elite level players at DT and CB, and deep at Edge. No reason to bring that up. Folks can pretend that defense doesn’t matter, but it definitely matters to a QB getting smacked in the face. 

So, not loaded, but that 7-4 team with a QB upgrade from abysmal to -at the very least- above average, and improvements in the trenches on both sides… yeah, it’s a team I’m pretty excited about, for the first time in a long time. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

It's not just that he's old 

It happened. And it's not just the injury to his thumb. He's missing throws, he's missing open men and he's getting killed by pressure 

sh*t. He lost to Zach wilson for Christ's sake 

You haven’t substituted the piss in your Cheerios for milk for so long that I think you’ve forgotten that it actually tastes better. Your last line, unintentionally, tells us something about how much better the Jets were than the Packers last year. Zach threw for 110 yards in that game, Rodgers was 26/41, 246 yards, and a TD despite being harassed all day for 4 sacks in his first game after breaking his thumb the previous week against the Giants. 

I’m not trying to convince you guys of anything, because it’s a fruitless endeavor. Enjoy your pity party. It’s easy to bet against the Jets, we all know this. If you think you’re bringing some clarity or perspective to the upcoming season, though, you’re not. 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

um, right back atcha? 

wearing green colored glasses in late May 

very original choice 

I can be a miserable prick when I want to be, but I enjoy being optimistic. Better than just being a miserable prick all the time, imho. Like I said, enjoy. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you're trying to compare Pat Mahomes to 40 year old Rodgers then that's where you lose me.

If you believe you're getting MVP Rodgers then I can understand your unbridled enthusiams.

But, It really does seem to come down to our disconnect on Rodgers.

You think him having, by far, his worst year as a pro at age 39 was because of a sore thumb.  I think it's more likely due to Father Time.  You seem to expect a 40 year old Rodgers to return to MVP form - I think it's more likely you'll see a lot of what you saw last year from him. 

So when you try and compare this Jet team to KC, Buffalo and Cincy I just don't buy it.  I think the Jets need more talent than the those teams to be a legit SB contender - and right now I do not believe they have it.

Nobody compared anyone to Mahomes.  I said, teams leverage talent differently, thus you cant name his RB and dont even realize we signed his #2 WR. 

I've said the reason I think he had a down year was because I dont think he was invested last year.  He wasnt happy in GB and he didnt put in the time necessary to build chemistry with his new teammates in a new offense.  It was my primary concern signing him but I think he clearly looks a lot more invested in NY.  You've made up that I've excused his "bad year" on his thumb.  You've also made up this idea where 1 year indicates anything.  There is no formula in the world that would value 1 year as an indication of a decline especially coming off back to back MVP season.  A decline was inventible, for any player.  Nobody can win the MVP every year.  The other piece of this nonsensical take that you're ignoring is that, seeing a lot of what we saw last year from Rodgers, is a very good thing for the NY Jets.

So instead of deflecting to feelings, answer some questions;

Why did the Eagles lose the Super Bowl?  Why did the Bengal and Bills fail to make the Super Bowl?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

thus you cant name his RB and dont even realize we signed his #2 WR.

Ridiculous statement, telling what I can name or can't name.  And offensive.  

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

The other piece of this nonsensical take that you're ignoring is that, seeing a lot of what we saw last year from Rodgers, is a very good thing for the NY Jets.

I'm happy Rodgers is here.  I've said it countless times - I'm glad he's a Jet and excited for the season.  But there should be real concern about his decline last year - Sure, it's not a lock it will continue - but everyone is acting like he assured to return back to MVP form.  Having the slightest bit of concern around here right now is blasphemy.  

This idea that we're already loaded and a lock  be Super Bowl contender is ridiculous.  It's absurd on its face.  This whole thread is based on a comment Cowherd made (which I agreed with) that the Jets can be SPECIAL - but things could also fall apart.

While also feeling like teams like KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Philly and SF are safe from the latter part of that equation.  

I think that is a fair statement.  

-----

If you believe the Jets are already in that group of teams fine - I disagree, I think the Jets have A LOT more to prove before they get close to being trusted to be at that level.  

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Ridiculous statement, telling what I can name or can't name.  And offensive.  

I'm happy Rodgers is here.  I've said it countless times - I'm glad he's a Jet and excited for the season.  But there should be real concern about his decline last year - Sure, it's not a lock it will continue - but everyone is acting like he assured to return back to MVP form.  Having the slightest bit of concern around here right now is blasphemy.  

This idea that we're already loaded and a lock  be Super Bowl contender is ridiculous.  It's absurd on its face.  This whole thread is based on a comment Cowherd made (which I agreed with) that the Jets can be SPECIAL - but things could also fall apart.

While also feeling like teams like KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Philly and SF are safe from the latter part of that equation.  

I think that is a fair statement.  

-----

If you believe the Jets are already in that group of teams fine - I disagree, I think the Jets have A LOT more to prove before they get close to being trusted to be at that level.  

I have not seen a single solitary person say the bold.  You're just making things up.

How about you answer the question I've asked you 3 times now? 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, hawk said:

Oh.

I don't really listen to any talking head.  I watch the games.  

That's just me though.

I don’t listen either.
The difference is, I could care less whenever I see/ hear what they’ve said, because… I only watch the games.

IMO it’s very childish to get upset with someone who’s job it is to give his opinion, when that opinion is different than yours.

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

I have not seen a single solitary person say the bold.  You're just making things up.

How about you answer the question I've asked you 3 times now? 

I can find dozens of people that have stated Rodgers wasn't as good because of a thumb and talent - and that they expect him to be the old Rodgers.  Ridiculous you've said otherwise.  I mean countless times it's been he was MVP two years ago and last year was an aberration.  Rodgers is in decline - and only getting older.  He's better than what we had for sure.  But you're going to have to be a lot better, talent wise than KC and Cincy to have a realistic chance of winning a SB.    Of course the Jets are going to be better....

Do you mean this

image.thumb.png.3ac46af80cd53df444cf7acfbbba4e71.png

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/KC

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

He's missed big throws in big spots his entire career. Not just in 2022. He's a .500 player in the playoffs, 12-10 lifetime

He's known in GBP for coming up small in playoff-type spots

it's more than just "he lost Devante Adams and he hurt his thumb *but not bad enough to miss time* 

This is not about belief. It's about film. I don't think the casual Jets fan has watched Aaron Rodgers' games that closely. We look at the stats.

Here's a stat: he lost 9 times last year, the worst was probably vs Goff week 18 at home to go to the playoffs

I mean, whatever. You're all going to find out this guy is not the guy he was in 2010. and you'll believe what you want until then

my hope is that people don't believe. Look at film. Find the stats. The trend lines. He's better than what we've watched before but he's got a long way to prove he's worth 100 mil and a 1st rd pick 

No. I’m not going to find that your comments mean squat.  He’s known as coming up short in playoff games?  You mean when he led all those powerhouse, top of the league teams?  You’re really selling that’s the feeling in GB?  

53 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t listen either.
The difference is, I could care less whenever I see/ hear what they’ve said, because… I only watch the games.

IMO it’s very childish to get upset with someone who’s job it is to give his opinion, when that opinion is different than yours.

Child Devil GIF

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:
1 hour ago, JiF said:

I can find dozens of people that have stated Rodgers wasn't as good because of a thumb and talent

That's not what I bolded here and you refuse to answer the questions.  I'm done here.  Have a nice day.

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No. I’m not going to find that your comments mean squat.  He’s known as coming up short in playoff games?  You mean when he led all those powerhouse, top of the league teams?  You’re really selling that’s the feeling in GB?  

I hate to break it to you (actually I love it) but the Jets aren't a powerhouse top of the league team either

• More Ugh 1

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's not what I bolded here and you refuse to answer the questions.  I'm done here.  Have a nice day.

I still don't know what question.

And yes, it was what was bolded.  If two years ago Rodgers was MVP - and last year the ONLY reason for his decline was a sore thumb...then it means he's still in MVP form.  It's logic 101.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And yes, it was what was bolded.  If two years ago Rodgers was MVP - and last year the ONLY reason for his decline was a sore thumb...then it means he's still in MVP form.  It's logic 101.

There’s a good bit of room between hoping for/expecting a bounce back type year and hoping for/expecting another MVP season. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I hate to break it to you (actually I love it) but the Jets aren't a powerhouse top of the league team either

Good for you and your lone predictions. 
Actually you’re not the only one trolling this.  It’s you and the other noted prognosticator, @FidelioJet

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You're a troll at this point.  I tried a different approach but you're just not worthy of the discussion.  

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Actually it’s not logic. 

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay. Do you think Rodgers will return to MVP form?

Why do you think he saw such a sharp decline last year?

I’d say mostly because Hackett left to be the worst  head coach in the league in Denver. Losing his goto receiver a little too. Didn’t want to be there and basically stopped bathing. 39 year old thumbs get sore AF. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’d say mostly because Hackett left to be the worst  head coach in the league in Denver. Losing his goto receiver a little too. Didn’t want to be there and basically stopped bathing. 39 year old thumbs get sore AF. 

So, does he return to MVP form?

If not, what's your best guess as to how much better he is than last year?

51 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay. Do you think Rodgers will return to MVP form?

Why do you think he saw such a sharp decline last year?

Did I say that?  
For the 1,000th time, he had rookie raw receivers and an injured throwing hand.  He plays on a shltty GB team.   
He doesn’t have to return to mvp status.  He’s going to be a top of the league QB who evens the Jets chances in every game they play