Jason Brownlee

7 hours ago, slats said:

I know, and I’m getting a little caught up in it. We’ve seen this before where some unknown WR is getting all the attention right before evaporating in the preseason. Brownlee could easily be starting on Thursday. He needs to make a couple plays in live action. 

I’m still encouraged. 

Chas Gessner 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Chas Gessner 

Thank you for figuring this out, as I knew exactly who you were talking about, but the name just couldn't come to me, and it was driving me a little nuts.

To your point though, WR is definitely the most common position you hear throughout the league in every year's camp of the newest unknown guys who are lighting it up during non-contact practices lined up against other no-namers, all of whom you never hear from again.

Certainly hoping for it to be more than that here, as there's certainly times when it also works out, but a tad premature for people to be falling in love with a guy who has yet to take a snap based solely on second-hand information about practice reps.  Can't totally blame those who choose to be wildly optimistic at this point of the year while they still can (although hopefully that lasts much, much longer this year), but it then also makes it difficult to take a lot of what is said particularly seriously.

Just watched some college film on Brownlee and the guy who immediately came to mind a few minutes in was Jericho Cotchery.  I then compared their height, weight, speed and all are very similar but what really stands out is the sure handed, strong catches but doesn't seem to have breakaway speed after. Even their college stats are very similar-  TD's  Cotch 20/ Brownlee 21  and Avg Catch Cotch 15.6/ Brownlee 15.9.   

If he works out I see a Corey Davis replacement next year...

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2023 at 12:25 AM, Bleedin Green said:

Thank you for figuring this out, as I knew exactly who you were talking about, but the name just couldn't come to me, and it was driving me a little nuts.

To your point though, WR is definitely the most common position you hear throughout the league in every year's camp of the newest unknown guys who are lighting it up during non-contact practices lined up against other no-namers, all of whom you never hear from again.

Certainly hoping for it to be more than that here, as there's certainly times when it also works out, but a tad premature for people to be falling in love with a guy who has yet to take a snap based solely on second-hand information about practice reps.  Can't totally blame those who choose to be wildly optimistic at this point of the year while they still can (although hopefully that lasts much, much longer this year), but it then also makes it difficult to take a lot of what is said particularly seriously.

There is always one.  Mid0rounder, late-rounder, UDFA.  They rarely amount to anything, but now is the time to start finding out.  Chad Hansen.  Jordan Whitehead.  Greg Dortch.  

Looks like he is playing tonight per Connor Hughes

** Jason Brownlee, who injured himself after that absurd 1-handed catch, will play against the Browns, I’m told. Excited to see if what he’s been doing in practices he continues in games. I don’t think we’re close to a point where he’d kick Corey Davis out of a roster spot, but he could be another nice UDFA find for Joe Douglas. He’s big, physical & athletic. The biggest key to him finding a spot on the 53 (and not PS) is if he can play specials.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I wish he wasn’t being hyped up on National Sports stations. We may need this gut to make it to the practice squad. If he goes off tonight he may become a target to teams with less talented WR groups

If we lose Brownlee because we  decide to keep an ancient stiff like Cobb that will just be the worst

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I wish he wasn’t being hyped up on National Sports stations. We may need this gut to make it to the practice squad. If he goes off tonight he may become a target to teams with less talented WR groups

Hard knocks will be the issue 

6 hours ago, Marshmello said:

Looks like he is playing tonight per Connor Hughes

** Jason Brownlee, who injured himself after that absurd 1-handed catch, will play against the Browns, I’m told. Excited to see if what he’s been doing in practices he continues in games. I don’t think we’re close to a point where he’d kick Corey Davis out of a roster spot, but he could be another nice UDFA find for Joe Douglas. He’s big, physical & athletic. The biggest key to him finding a spot on the 53 (and not PS) is if he can play specials.

"Even when I was a kid I used to get geeked up to watch arch the HOF game."

Hughes such a tool....he was making booger volcanoes when he was a kid

• Haha 1