### Game Day 2023 HOF Game Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, Mogglez said:

He basically played the entire 2nd half and showed absolutely nothing beyond his inability to pass the ball effectively.  The O-lineman, WRs, RBs, etc., who are trying to desperately make the roster or practice squad, can’t show a lick of anything worthwhile because somehow, someway, Streveler can’t move the ball in the 2nd half of the Hall Of Fame Game and makes a vanilla offense one dimensional.

They should go elsewhere for a camp arm.

no there was a Boyle on my ass for most 2nd half

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Every college game I watch, there are like three great RBs and a bunch of freak WRs on the field, but this Jets team’s skill depth is made up of sh*tty, small dudes from Occidental School of Mining who wouldn’t make an XFL roster.

Again, the top 3/4 RBs on this team didn't play tonight; the top WRs didn't either. They let Izzy play and he looked okay. They are also running behind 2nd/3rd/4th string lines.

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

So, if the #1 QB on any team, especially a team that went all in on one of the best QBs in the league, the team is in trouble? And that is all on the coach? How has the great BB been looking now that TB moved on? He took a team from the #32 spot in defense to #4. This Saleh hate is getting a bit old - this is his 3rd year; he doesn't produce and he will be gone - and then you guys can hate on the next HC up.

What exactly has Saleh done well during the first 2 years? The criticism of him is well deserved. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Again, the top 3/4 RBs on this team didn't play tonight; the top WRs didn't either. They let Izzy play and he looked okay. They are also running behind 2nd/3rd/4th string lines.

i didnt see Irv Charles either - he may have been out there but this is good sign for him not playing i guess

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I get that this was obviously the dead end of the summer roster, but even by that standard, these guys are sh*tty. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He basically played the entire 2nd half and showed absolutely nothing beyond his inability to pass the ball effectively.  The O-lineman, WRs, RBs, etc., who are trying to desperately make the roster or practice squad, can’t show a lick of anything worthwhile because somehow, someway, Streveler can’t move the ball in the 2nd half of the Hall Of Fame Game and makes a vanilla offense one dimensional.

To be fair, all the QBs were bad tonight, with Boyle looking to be the most functional. Agreed they need to make a move for a QB, but unless they want to pay Bridgewater, you’re probably looking at signing Kurt Benkert or some sh*t.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Streveler was more than just sad, he was HORRIFIC. That should be the end  any hope he is going to be a Jets QB. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

To be fair, all the QBs were bad tonight, with Boyle looking to be the most functional. Agreed they need to make a move for a QB, but unless they want to pay Bridgewater, you’re probably looking at signing Kurt Benkert or some sh*t.

Holy sh*t you're back!

Came back to watch Zach play?

Just now, SickJetFan said:

no there was a Boyle on my ass for most 2nd half

Definitely wasn’t considering that Streveler came in towards the end of the 3rd Q, but I agree that they should replace Boyle too (they probably won’t this late into TC.)

That being said, Streveler is well below him as a passer.  Like, miles apart.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I get that.  As a football junkie, my concern is solely for the guys who are fighting for their careers and can’t put anything that can be properly evaluated on tape because of how bad the guy who will play the most reps at QB this pre-season is.

It will probably be Rodgers-Wilson-Boyle when the dust settles, so why not go for a another functional arm to play in these glorified pick-up games so that these guys can potentially show out?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Holy sh*t you're back!

Came back to watch Zach play?

I watched Zach throw a bunch of passes into uncatchable places and then knock himself to the ground on a “scramble” and I had to yell at someone about it

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Definitely wasn’t considering that Streveler came in towards the end of the 3rd Q, but I agree that they should replace Boyle too (they probably won’t this late into TC.)

That being said, Streveler is well below him as a passer.  Like, miles apart.

I dont think it really matters...It AR or bust...dont get hurt.  plus all those bottom feeding WR will be cut anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Is there a coach in your mind where id Rogers gets hurt that they would not be in trouble? 

I mean what are you talking about

Man I hate coach whoever is the light go out we are really screwed...

Just non sense

It's not nonsense. Saleh is a bad coach and with an 11-24 record here. Rodgers is running the show on offense. He's basically like another coach who actually knows what he is doing. If he goes down it will be the same sh*t as last year with Saleh looking like a deer in headlights as the titanic sinks. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

I dont think it really matters...It AR or bust...dont get hurt.  plus all those bottom feeding WR will be cut anyway.

It’s definitely a bottom of the barrel issue, but I just wanted to see some potential PS guys show out a bit.  You can’t do that when the QB is so one dimensional that he can’t generate a pre-season passing game.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

It’s definitely a bottom of the barrel issue, but I just wanted to see some potential PS guys show out a bit.  You can’t do that when the QB is so one dimensional that he can’t generate a pre-season passing game.

you did last preseason - Irv Charles must of thanked Strev.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I watched Zach throw a bunch of passes into uncatchable places and then knock himself to the ground on a “scramble” and I had to yell at someone about it

I bought season tickets while you were gone.  

If I don’t get to spit in your mouth while we make hot love in the MetLife parking lot porta-potties, I will never feel fulfilled in life.

• Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

I get that.  As a football junkie, my concern is solely for the guys who are fighting for their careers and can’t put anything that can be properly evaluated on tape because of how bad the guy who will play the most reps at QB this pre-season is.

Seems to be a weird camp where Rodgers is working with a select group of skills guys, with Zach and Boyle splitting reps with the rest. I don’t recall reading much about Streveler getting reps in 11 on 11. I haven’t read or heard about any of the end of roster guys even flashing in camp, other than Brownlee and a few nice catches from Dye. Streveler can’t throw, but the guys he was throwing at are basura anyway. The deep ball to TJ Luther could have been 6 if Luther didn’t foolishly try to draw a DPI.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

you did last preseason - Irv Charles must of thanked Strev.

Can’t lie; he did.  Not that he “fits” into an offensive scheme, per-say, but the Shanahan bootleg-heavy offense we ran under MLF, paired with his running ability, probably had a lot to do with a lot of guys getting more open than they normally would.  This one is much different.

• Upvote 2

I bought season tickets while you were gone.  

If I don’t get to spit in your mouth while we make hot love in the MetLife parking lot porta-potties, I will never feel fulfilled in life.

Call my people in the morning to get this on the schedule.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Can’t lie; he did.  Not that he “fits” into an offensive scheme, per-say, but the Shanahan bootleg-heavy offense we ran under MLF probably had a lot to do with it.  This one is much different.

I know it’s one bullsh*t preseason game, but it’s striking how little movement there was in this scheme, especially as compared to last year. It felt claustrophobic almost. Even the run game is all dives and counters. Presuming that’s the Downing/Carter influence.

If AR12 gets hurt we don't even have Mike White to bail us out this year because JD just had to re-sign Quinnen Williams.
I believe in his short stint Zach QBR was 104 or something...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk