Shame

Warfish

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If it makes you feel any better, I'd largely skipped that thread myself (other than commenting on any extension/option feasibility, independent of the Zach lover/hater stuff that flies back & forth & more based on the reality of how things are now with him & Rodgers both having the same two guaranteed seasons remaining on their respective contracts).

I didn't even get into the reason for the team's current interest or non-interest until yesterday late morning when you & I commented together. Even that was stupid of me (and you); it's not like 17 versions of that same topic aren't going to pop up between that thread's start and opening day anyway, never mind beyond that even while he's just holding a clipboard.

Skipping to better discussions to which you're alluding?

This is the most excited many/most of us have been in a long time, beyond pure blind hope. The OL has obvious concerns, but their most consistent starting tackle hasn't seen the field yet & the HC doesn't seem to be freaking out over it (nor the GM, who's inquired about another of Rodgers's BFFs but beyond that there doesn't seem much action). The guards are set; they seem to have two average-at-worst options at center. RT looks shaky, but it's still only mid-August yet. 

I was actually more excited at this point in the season for our '09 & '10 teams.  We had a stacked roster, a new & feisty HC, and a well thought of rookie QB.  Everything was looking up.

This season if we fail to at least make a SB appearance to will be a bust.  So that makes me anxious.  Does that sound too weird?      

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

This place has never had a particularly well-developed sense of irony, but even for JN, this thread is something else

Your post grabbed my attention, but I'll be honest, I'm not really sure where I'm seeing the irony here.

Help an old ignoramus understand better.  You might need to spell it out to me, like a child.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Your post grabbed my attention, but I'll be honest, I'm not really sure where I'm seeing the irony here.

Help an old ignoramus understand better.  You might need to spell it out to me, like a child.

"There are too many Bad Threads and not enough Good Threads. I will fix this by making The Worst Thread."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I was actually more excited at this point in the season for our '09 & '10 teams.  We had a stacked roster, a new & feisty HC, and a well thought of rookie QB.  Everything was looking up.

This season if we fail to at least make a SB appearance to will be a bust.  So that makes me anxious.  Does that sound too weird?      

The weird part is being more excited with Mark Sanchez as the QB, especially after his rookie season. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The weird part is being more excited with Mark Sanchez as the QB, especially after his rookie season. 

"We managed to lose a divisional game despite compiling 318 rushing yards and holding the opponent under 14 points in regulation but that's MY GUY"

16 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

z50xp-1619719725-16226-list_items-no.jpg

• Upvote 1