Jets release Bam

Rhg1084

12 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ari Meirov @MySportsUpdate

Former #Jets RB Zonovan 'Bam' Knight is signing with the #Lions practice squad, per agent @MikeMcCartney7

So this means he cleared waivers, right? Did the Jets not want to keep him? If he made it to another teams practice squad, than it was just a matter of money... 

17 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ari Meirov @MySportsUpdate

Former #Jets RB Zonovan 'Bam' Knight is signing with the #Lions practice squad, per agent @MikeMcCartney7

That sucks. He might develop into something. But the Jets are already deep at RB, he’s likely got a better chance of getting playing time elsewhere. 

Bam got a significant chance to play in reg season games last year which is not easy for a UFA to do in the NFL. There just aren't that many opportunities. So he got his chance and didn't live up to if. Hopefully for the Jets Izzy is healthy because he looked good in games he played in. But those were preseason he has to do it when it counts too. 

• Upvote 1

If I were an UDFA, recently released, and saw Cook, Hall, Izzy and Carter ahead of me.......I'd want to sign somewhere else too.  His chances of getting another opportunity to play in actual games here is somewhat low.

Guess Detriot is getting a taste for ex-Jets, first Mims, now Knight.

• Upvote 4

On 8/28/2023 at 10:44 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Michael Carter benefiting from that friendship with Rodgers

Bam is the more dangerous runner

Carter is a glorified JAG, can't run between the tackles, can't break away from anyone

In my opinion, defining Carter as mediocre RB, would vastly overestimate his abilities. I am in agreement with you 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not a good destination for him with them having again 2 RBs ahead of him. Surely there's some backfield he'd be the #2 guy. 

That only solidifies to me the opinion that he's deemed a #3 or #4 back which is no knock and I wish him well.  

• Upvote 1