Jets release Bam

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I would’ve preferred to keep Bam over Michael Carter but there’s not a huge gap between the two. 

I just think knight is a better blocker and a different style of Rb than the other guys we already have in breece, cook and abakanda.  I'd prefer the blocking and banging style of running of Knight.

He will get picked up by someone imo.  Pats might be a leading candidate since they just traded one of their RBs.

• Upvote 4

Why would you announce and do this today?  Only thought, try to work a trade and if not, they may not have an interest in putting him on practice squad.

Wait till tomorrow, he may get lost in all of the cuts.  Announcing it today is like putting up a billboard.

32 minutes ago, hawk said:

Why would you announce and do this today?  Only thought, try to work a trade and if not, they may not have an interest in putting him on practice squad.

Wait till tomorrow, he may get lost in all of the cuts.  Announcing it today is like putting up a billboard.

Agent announced it, to stir up interest in their guy before he is officially cut.

I expect Bam to get claimed - he's good enough to be the 3rd back on a lot of rosters.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, hawk said:

announce today to stir up trade interest OUTSIDE of our division so he doesnt get picked up by a division rival

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If he truly received some trade interest, why are the Jets releasing him instead?

They didn't announce this - the agent leaked it. But "if you want this guy, I hope you have a high waiver priority if you're not making me a good enough offer" is a pretty standard move

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I would’ve preferred to keep Bam over Michael Carter but there’s not a huge gap between the two. 

Bam the tougher runner. MC the better 3rd down back so that's pretty much what that boiled down to. And they love the Pitt kid and he was a relatively high pick who has shined. Hope he doesn't go to a rival. And he not clearing waivers. That's as unlikely as JD going on a diet and giving up pretzels.