This Offense is not ready to hang with the big boys

Barton

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No it will be very obvious if we got a washed up Rodgers or the QB many of us expect and see at practice.

No, it won’t. 

As has been said, older QB’s can start hot because they just rested for 8 months.

The real test comes around midsession when they have been throwing for 8 straight games and have been hit.

Take Peyton Manning’s steep fall off in 2015 (the year he retired). The first quarter of that disastrous season, he was throwing 64% and on pace for about 4,000 yards and 24 TD’s.

Then it all fell apart.

The next 6 games he had 3 TD’s and 12 INT’s. He had nearly 70% of his season TD’s in those first 4 games.

Old QB’s can start strong because they’re fresh from 8 months off.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, Facts said:

Lol you said they didn’t fall of a cliff.

They clearly did and the stats prove it.

So you move the goal posts to “oh well it was actually injuries not age”. Uh, those go together.

And then the cherry on the cake is you not quoting my post, in the hopes that I wouldn’t see this one and call you out on the BS.

To answer what i’m arguing: I’m just showing the forum how terribly wrong you are.

One last time, they were injured.  
You can’t differentiate between Manning never being the same due to injury and falling off a cliff because of their age.  Worse is being dumb enough to also argue Tony Romo fell off a cliff at 34 because of age, not because of his broken back.  
Then you actually think you’re showing the forum how terribly wrong I am.  And I assume how right you are, 
Perfect.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well here is a fact to consist and why I am sour on him as is the 49ers. He was blessed with wins while doing nothing. I.e. winning in spite of jimmy, because of the team.

Garoppolo’s record when he starts and doesn’t throw a TD pass is 10-2, the best record by any quarterback since 1950. 

Meaning he sucks ficks

Highest career winning percentage as starting QB since 1950 (regular season & postseason, min. 10 starts):

.833 - Jimmy Garoppolo when throwing 0 TD passes

.792 - Otto Graham (overall)

.783 - Patrick Mahomes (overall)

.766 - Daryle Lamonica (overall)

.759 - Tom Brady (overall

Fair enough but he's still the 6th most efficient QB in league history. Everything else aside, he is the one throwing the ball.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

One last time, they were injured.  

lol.

Youre blaming all of them suddenly sucking due to injury?

If that’s the case, why not come back the next year and dominate again when healed up?

Or are you purposefully ignoring that age and injuries go hand in hand?

Mostly you’re just doing this:

Fran Healy Shut Up GIF by Travis

3 minutes ago, Facts said:

lol.

Youre blaming all of them suddenly sucking due to injury?

If that’s the case, why not come back the next year and dominate again?

Or are you purposefully ignoring that they go hand in hand?

Mostly you’re just doing this:

Fran Healy Shut Up GIF by Travis

Are you kidding me, going to argue that Romos #s didn’t change due to a broken back?

Manning after neck surgery?

End it already, you’re just arguing to argue 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Facts said:

Take Peyton Manning’s steep fall off in 2015 (the year he retired). The first quarter of that disastrous season, he was throwing 64% and on pace for about 4,000 yards and 24 TD’s.

Manning was hurting 2015, started only 9 games that season.   And wasn’t on a pace for 4000 yards after the 1st Q of the season.  Never mind weather in the second half of the season in cold weather cities also has a big effect on yardages 

Anyone with a brain sees the common denominator here.

Manning

2014: 39 TD, 15 INT

2015: 9 TD, 17 INT (retired)

Matt Ryan

2021: 20 TD, 12 INT

2022: 14 TD, 13 INT (retired)

Brett Favre

2009: 33 TD, 7 INT

2010: 11 TD, 19 INT (retired)

Tony Romo

2014: 34 TD, 9 INT

2015: 5 TD, 7 INT

Big Ben

2021 (first half): 13 TD, 4 INT

2021 (second half): 9 TD, 6 INT (retired)

Dan Marino

1998: 23 TD, 15 INT

1999: 12 TD, 17 INT (retired)

Dan Fouts

1985: 27 TD, 20 INT

1986: 16 TD, 22 INT (retired next year)

Jim Kelly

1995: 22 TD, 13 INT

1996: 14 TD, 19 INT (retired)

Donovan McNabb

2009: 22 TD, 10 INT

2010: 14 TD, 15 INT (retired next year)

Steve Young

1998: 36 TD, 12 INT

1999: 3 TD, 4 INT (retired)

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Manning was hurting 2015, started only 9 games.  2014 was their SB year, not 2015 as you’ve claimed.

You are 100% wrong. Peyton and the Broncos won the Super Bowl in the 2015 season. The year he was carried by the Broncos defense. It was February 7, 2016. Not 2014. 

Here is the Super Bowl game log: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201602070den.htm

Manning started that year okay in the first 4 games, then fell off a cliff. His arm was toast. The year started okay because he had 8 months of rest. But once the season went on, he was awful and was carried by the team. They won despite him.

Spouting off and being wrong. Hilarious.

16 minutes ago, Facts said:

You are 100% wrong. Peyton and the Broncos won the Super Bowl in the 2015 season. The year he was carried by the Broncos defense. It was February 7, 2016. Not 2014. 

Here is the Super Bowl game log: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201602070den.htm

Manning started that year okay in the first 4 games, then fell off a cliff. His arm was toast. The year started okay because he had 8 months of rest. But once the season went on, he was awful and was carried by the team. They won despite him.

Spouting off and being wrong. Hilarious.

In 2015 he played in 10, started 9 games.  Yes they won the SB.  Doesn’t change the fact that he started 9 games, went 7-2.  Exactly what I said and you keep insisting isn’t fact.

You should stop with the gloating and insults when you are the clueless one.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

In 2015 he played in 10, started 9 games.  Yes they won the SB.

In other words “You were right Facts. I was completely wrong and made a buffoon of myself. I tried to say the Broncos won in 2014 but it turns out you were correct the entire time.”

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Doesn’t change the fact that he started 9 games, went 7-2.  

No one said he didn’t?

Old players get hurt more. It comes with the territory. They also become slower, arm gets tired easier, etc. That’s where the cliff comes from. A mixture of all these factors.

• More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, Facts said:

In other words “You were right Facts. I was completely wrong and made a buffoon of myself. I tried to say the Broncos won in 2014 but it turns out you were correct the entire time.”

No one said he didn’t?

Old players get hurt more. It comes with the territory. They also become slower, arm gets tired easier, etc. That’s where the cliff comes from. A mixture of all these factors.

Go away, far away.  You’re spinning like a top.  It’s what you do. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Go away, far away.  You’re spinning like a top.  It’s what you do. 

lol.

You’re the one being proven wrong left and right.

You’re simply being intransigent because you know that the list of QB’s who fall off the cliff around this age is long and there is nothing you can do to refute it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2023 at 1:42 PM, Barton said:

The NFL champion the last 10+ years usually includes an offense that had to win multiple high scoring shootouts during the regular season to win their division and often another shootout during the postseason to advance to the Super Bowl. Right now this team is built more like the Seahawks or Ravens teams that have won in the last 12 years. Led by the defense and good enough QB play but with a substandard supporting cast on offense. My point? The talent on offense is lacking right now around Rodgers. Garrett Wilson is the only receiver he can count on to get open fairly consistently. JD needs to add more firepower. 

Sorry you're gonna get a ton of hate from the fan boys around here. But, you're not wrong. Be sure to revisit this thread in a couple months. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Sorry you're gonna get a ton of hate from the fan boys around here. But, you're not wrong. Be sure to revisit this thread in a couple months. 

Make sure you and your we don’t have enough weapons on offense thinking comes back to revisit.  We only have one #1 and that’s not how you win, damn the rest of the offense.  

3 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

The top offenses also got beat. The top offenses last year were the Chiefs , Eagles and Lions ( weird that Goff and Hurts aren’t being mentioned much )

the chiefs lost ;

20-17 , colts 

24-20 Bills

27-24 Bengals 

The Eagles lost:

32-21 commanders

40-34 cowboys 

20-10 saints 

The Lions lost 

38-35 eagles 

28-24 vikings

48-45 Seahawks 

29-0 patriots 

24-6 cowboys 

31-27 dolphins 

28-25 bills

I don’t know how you possibly look at the top offenses actual scores and come away with the conclusion that you have to score 45 every week  

defense and special teams matter  

this thread is a giant cesspool of cherry picking and stupidity tbh 

Anyone with a brain sees the common denominator here.

Manning
2014: 39 TD, 15 INT
2015: 9 TD, 17 INT (retired)

Matt Ryan
2021: 20 TD, 12 INT
2022: 14 TD, 13 INT (retired)

Brett Favre
2009: 33 TD, 7 INT
2010: 11 TD, 19 INT (retired)

Tony Romo
2014: 34 TD, 9 INT
2015: 5 TD, 7 INT

Big Ben
2021 (first half): 13 TD, 4 INT
2021 (second half): 9 TD, 6 INT (retired)

Dan Marino
1998: 23 TD, 15 INT
1999: 12 TD, 17 INT (retired)

Dan Fouts
1985: 27 TD, 20 INT
1986: 16 TD, 22 INT (retired next year)

Jim Kelly
1995: 22 TD, 13 INT
1996: 14 TD, 19 INT (retired)

Donovan McNabb
2009: 22 TD, 10 INT
2010: 14 TD, 15 INT (retired next year)

Steve Young
1998: 36 TD, 12 INT
1999: 3 TD, 4 INT (retired)
Info see the point you are making ... Now ... Care to make a wager on Rodgers this season?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Info see the point you are making ... Now ... Care to make a wager on Rodgers this season?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I try not to make wagers on things I don’t want to happen. Hopefully Rodgers is great this season.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 8:51 AM, Bobby816 said:

How are you leaving out that we were a playoff team with our OL with STILL the worst QB play in the league and we just upgraded to an elite QB.

Why are you saying our OL is a leaky mess? From watchin it at the end of last year? Where AVT, Becton weren't out there. Brown was injured? So 3/5 of the OL wasn't there. Never mind how a QB that knows when to get rid of the ball, big time helps a OL.

Lol

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2023 at 5:20 PM, Facts said:

lol.

You’re the one being proven wrong left and right.

You’re simply being intransigent because you know that the list of QB’s who fall off the cliff around this age is long and there is nothing you can do to refute it.

I didn’t argue that age can’t create a fall off.  
Where’s this long list of QBs who won 2 of the last 3 MVP awards and then fell off.  
How has Rodgers fallen off?  By getting injured?  so if a 23 year old is lost for a season he’s not injured, he’s fallen off?  You’re chirping I’m wrong when nothing says he’s fallen off.
Your takes are so insightful.  

On 9/3/2023 at 5:31 PM, JohnJ said:

Good man. After watching AR in camp and the Giants game I thought about some of this kind of stuff some people are expecting and I wish there were odds on it to bet

Yeah, you were looking to place a bet but somehow couldn’t find a way to let everyone know he was done with a post.

Until after the fact, after the injury, then show up out of nowhere to chirp and criticize everyone.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, you were looking to place a bet but somehow couldn’t find a way to let everyone know he was done with a post.

Until after the fact, after the injury, then show up out of nowhere to chirp and criticize everyone.

TF you talkin about son? I was all in on Aaron from the start and haven't said a thing about it since. I bet on them because of him. I was a big Aaron fan for years now.

I was talking about posters saying he was finished or steeply declined

Go bother somebody else with your anal defensiveness of Zack and Woody and sh*t.

I know no one is allowed to say anything negative about them with you but you're barking up the wrong tree Dawg. GFY Holy sh*t hahah

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Go bother somebody else with your anal defensiveness of Zack and Woody and sh*t.

LOL, what does any of this BS have to do with AR? 
Crying when someone responds to you on the internet, calling them son is lame as F.  
If I took something wrong, my bad.  I’m a man, not your son DS and can accept mistakes, don’t need a nasty lecture and dumb return from you child.  

• Thumb Down 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2023 at 8:34 AM, Raideraholic said:

Wrong .  Josh McDaniel offense is 9 yards to 25 yards that’s where Jimmy G is T his best .( extremely accurate in that area - hit guys where they can big YAC. Aidan O’Connell has much stronger arm than Jimmy but like Jimmy G he’s extremely accurate in that range.( puts the football where has to be)  Ideally Raiders would like him to sit this year, but Jimmy gets hurt he can be very successful in this offense.

A Rodgers with D Adams was most effective 9 to 25 yards range.   Last year D Adams was more effective deep because that’s Carr game , but that’s  not Mcdaniels offense.  Carr one of the worst screen passes and not best throwing to the middle of the field . 

Carr just didn’t play well last year , ( he admitted it, and D Adams knows deep down that was the case.)  Josh Mcdaniels play designs puts his running backs in the best situation to be successful .     Three steps and the ball going to come out .  ( Carr held it too long )   This is the best set of weapons Jimmy G has ever had, as he has so many weapons to hurt a defense with.    

Raiders should be easy top five offense this year . They were just outside top 10 that with injuries to D Waller and Hunter Renfrow .    Mack Hollins was their number 2 Wr   .    Raiders are one deepest teams at Wr now ( more speed there too) but and te room is deep . ( better te room this year)       Jimmy G just has to be Jimmy G better in the redzone than D Carr . You can move the football at will but you keep settling for field goals than Tds you keep teams in the game.

now defense just has to be average say 18-20. And this team going to win a lot games.     This defense does have a lot young talent that doesn’t have to be top 10 this year( eventually it will be that)  Raiders punt and kicker are top three in the NFL. 

Explain. 

• Haha 1