You can see his achilles snap

Facts

Just a very awkward position his body was in how his flexed ankle was driven into the disgusting trash MetLife turf 

Peyton Manning used to go into a fetal position and basically just drop to the ground as soon as the rush got too close

Looked like a coward doing so but in hindsight maybe it was just him being smart and living to fight another down 

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Then what is that happening to his calf there that is clearly visible?

Honestly, I don't want to get caught up in this..

but telling me you could see the it snap from that video is kinda ridiculous.  It's why they have X-ray's and MRI's....otherwise they would just use a video replay.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

but telling me you could see the it snap from that video is kinda ridiculous.  It's why they have X-ray's and MRI's....otherwise they would just use a video replay.

Doctors use video footage in injuries to make initial diagnosis. Especially helpful in evaluating concussed players.

He snapped it. It's pretty obvious considering how he got up and couldn't put weight on it. His foot/ankle flopped around while he was sitting on the turf too.

His season and potentially career is over. All around sadness. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Doctors use video footage in injuries to make initial diagnosis. Especially helpful in evaluating concussed players.

He snapped it. It's pretty obvious considering how he got up and couldn't put weight on it. His foot/ankle flopped around while he was sitting on the turf too.

His season and potentially career is over. All around sadness. 

You got it.

My fault.  You know what happened to Rodger's foot/ankle/Achilles from the instant replay footage.   I assume because I couldn't do that then no-one could.

Honestly, I'm impressed.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, jgb said:

Schefter is citing an orthopedist. That’s not his opinion.

when you see a calf muscle ripple like that after seeing the way his foot bent forward it looked like an achillies injury obviously I'm not a doc but that was the impression . The fact he could not walk at all and sat down like he did was not good either. I'm sure Rodgers felt it pop and knew he was done. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

when you see a calf muscle ripple like that after seeing the way his foot bent forward it looked like an achillies injury obviously I'm not a doc but that was the impression . The fact he could not walk at all and sat down like he did was not good either. I'm sure Rodgers felt it pop and knew he was done. 

I didn’t see that close-up slow mo during the broadcast. Any call before having access to that was luck.

Just now, jgb said:

I didn’t see that close-up slow mo during the broadcast. Any call before having access to that was luck.

I saw it on the first replay they showed his foot bending forward..... I did not see the calf roll up in his leg or ripple as they say it but when your foot bends forward and then you can't take a step when you get up its usually an achillies injury.  

What's really freaky is wasn't it on the third play in 99 when Vinny tore his achillies ?

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I saw it on the first replay they showed his foot bending forward..... I did not see the calf roll up in his leg or ripple as they say it but when your foot bends forward and then you can't take a step when you get up its usually an achillies injury.  

What's really freaky is wasn't it on the third play in 99 when Vinny tore his achillies ?

Without the ripple video, it was a lucky guess. But next time share your insight before it’s confirmed by the HC in the post game. Unfortunately, I have no choice but to…

8B458189-EB18-45B7-AFF2-B4315635A6EC.gif.e369dbe4a9c4a57589cb7e236d8f9beb.gif

50 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Just a very awkward position his body was in how his flexed ankle was driven into the disgusting trash MetLife turf 

The MetLife turf is brand new 

Aaron rodgers on the other hand is old as balls 

Don't blame the turf. Aaron Rodgers was washed last year 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No you can't.

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You got it.

My fault.  You know what happened to Rodger's foot/ankle/Achilles from the instant replay footage.   I assume because I couldn't do that then no-one could.

Honestly, I'm impressed.

Bud, I didn’t think was something that I would need to relay to the peeps here…but it’s torn.  I got word of it in the 2nd quarter, but the cellular network in MetLife was too congested to make a post here to tell everyone.

In case you needed anymore information/clarification, I worked in the medical field for 9 years before changing careers.  What you’re seeing in this video is textbook evidence of a tear/rupture.  Especially when you see the calf roll up quickly the way that it did.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Sorry I don't post on here during games I actully watch them :) 

😛

Then at least refrain from replying to hours old posts discussing injuries when they happen and correcting them with current information that everyone knows about :)  

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

I noticed his calf was balled up considerably compared to the other in slo mo at half time. They didn't show the snap yet that really confirmed it. 

I also noticed his foot/ankle was hyperflexing and flopping around when he sat on the field.

Not putting weight on a limb and getting carted off is almost always serious. I can't remember the last time a player was carted off with a high ankle sprain.

Broken ankle would have been the best case scenario but still almost season ending because of the schedule and Zach... I was 90% certain of a Achilles tear before the game ended, now I'm 99% like most others.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Exactly you “felt” so you admit it was a lucky call. Finally. 

Like I told you after the first replay I turned to my wife and said he just tore his god damn achillies ... of course its ALWAYS speculation until MRI's are confirmed but I've seen these damn injuries before and its always the same story . I'm not sure why you are making such a big deal of this ...if you don't believe me fine lets move on. Because my life depends on coming in this forum in hindsight and lying that I saw something I didn't .

Just now, Reynolds1029 said:

I noticed his calf was balled up considerably compared to the other in slo mo at half time. They didn't show the snap yet that really confirmed it. 

I also noticed his foot/ankle was hyperflexing and flopping around when he sat on the field.

Not putting weight on a limb and getting carted off is almost always serious. I can't remember the last time a player was carted off with a high ankle sprain.

Broken ankle would have been the best case scenario but still almost season ending because of the schedule and Zach... I was 90% certain of a Achilles tear before the game ended, now I'm 99% like most others.

It looked bad but you correctly state, not known with certainty although the slow mo calf ripple I saw after the game is probably the strongest visual evidence possible. My issue is that smash came in to correct a single post posted in real time that it didn’t look like an Achilles with the benefit of hours of additional replays, announcer updates during the remainder of the game, and Saleh’s presser.