The OL line is as Bad as Predicted

Dunnie

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The OL looks bad because Zach is bad.

That's not the only reason. Brown came back 1 week before the season started and is 39. They also played musical chairs all summer with this group and Olines need time to play together. I think they get better as the season progresses but some changes need to be made as well. This is not all on Wilson. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Deal, but you could put Zach behind the Eagles line and he’d make them look inept

The Eagles offense probably wouldn't be very good with Zach but it would be obvious he was the problem. The OL wouldn't look inept.

Zach looked bad but it was clear the OL was worse.

1 minute ago, Hex said:

The Eagles offense probably wouldn't be very good with Zach but it would be obvious he was the problem. The OL wouldn't look inept.

Zach looked bad but it was clear the OL was worse.

Tua and Mac Jones are currently playing behind OLs that are—to a man—worse than the Jets. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Tua and Mac Jones are currently playing behind OLs that are—to a man—worse than the Jets. 

Yes. They are better QBs than Zach, and also both playing against much worse defenses than Dallas.

If Tua or Mac sucked in this game, would you blame their OL being bad on their bad play? No, because their OL sucks. It is the same case with the Jets.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Hex said:

Yes. They are better QBs than Zach, and also both playing against much worse defenses than Dallas.

If Tua or Mac sucked in this game, would you blame their OL being bad on their bad play? No, because their OL sucks. It is the same case with the Jets.

The Patriots are a top five defense. You negate a pass rush by getting the ball off in 2.5 or less. You make even mid pass rushes look great by holding the ball longer than 2.5. You make defenses look better than they are when they’re compromised by the blitz but the QB can’t make them pay. 

• Upvote 1

oline is bad due to zach, we will be 100% okay with Rodgers!

Rodgers out for the season after 4 snaps.

Everyone knows Wilson is bad.  The huge danger is people and especially  the teams brain trust into thinking the rest of the team is awesome sauce.

Zach is bad, the team should scrabble to find an upgrade....TRUE!

The oline is totally atrocious....they better make changes.....TRUE!

The defense is heavily overrated and look great if the other team 100% plays into their game plan but is very dubious when the other team actually has a good game plan......TRUE!  Nothing will change....well becasue the guy running the team thinks the D and his scheme is awesome.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because your third year, second overall pick whom the coaching staff spent all summer fluffing should be able to run some big boy pants plays, even against the blitz

It’s over, they can’t hide wilson and fortunately they’re keeping their 1st rounder which they may yet again need to burn on a qb.  Wilson will be gone, no way he gets another do over.  Rodgers cannot be relied upon anymore.  Enough teams are making the playoffs with young qbs that drafting one can be justified with this roster. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When you have a sub-40 passer rating against the blitz, teams are going to blitz you. 

Lol, they were getting home with base packages. 

I'm familiar with your feelings about Wilson, and a lot of them are valid. Whatever small improvements we could expect to see going forward (and thereby giving us as fans a chance at having at least a fun season to watch) are being hindered, severely, by the OL. Whether that's due to personnel, scheme, playcalling, or a myriad of all of that is immaterial if it doesn't get fixed, because whoever lines up behind it will also not succeed (but maybe look better doing it). 

Simple stuff, without a simple solution. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

oline is bad due to zach, we will be 100% okay with Rodgers!

Rodgers out for the season after 4 snaps.

Everyone knows Wilson is bad.  The huge danger is people and especially  the teams brain trust into thinking the rest of the team is awesome sauce.

Zach is bad, the team should scrabble to find an upgrade....TRUE!

The oline is totally atrocious....they better make changes.....TRUE!

The defense is heavily overrated and look great if the other team 100% plays into their game plan but is very dubious when the other team actually has a good game plan......TRUE!  Nothing will change....well becasue the guy running the team thinks the D and his scheme is awesome.

Bottom line, they still need a qb and OT.  If they move becton to LT they need a RT.  

1 minute ago, Jetworks said:

I'm familiar with your feelings about Wilson, and a lot of them are valid. Whatever small improvements we could expect to see going forward (and thereby giving us as fans a chance at having at least a funs season to watch) are being hindered, severely, by the OL. Whether that's due to personnel, scheme, playcalling, or a myriad of all of that is immaterial if it doesn't get fixed, because whoever lines up behind it will also not succeed (but maybe look better doing it). 

Don’t ask a 39 yr old to block the best defensive player 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Patriots are a top five defense. You negate a pass rush by getting the ball off in 2.5 or less. You make even mid pass rushes look great by holding the ball longer than 2.5. You make defenses look better than they are when they’re compromised by the blitz but the QB can’t make them pay. 

Zach Wilson many times did not have 2.5 seconds to throw.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

The center needs to be replaced too. It’s insane that a guy with JD’s background has 3 below replacement level starters on the offensive line. But we have first round edge rushers inactive. Make it make sense. 

They thought the veterans would carry the day but guys like cook need to sit. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Don’t ask a 39 yr old to block the best defensive player 

If that's the case, the coach/GM need to make a decision. Move Becton to LT, AVT to RT, and figure out what to do with Tippmann in the middle. If Becton balls out, maybe he forgives them for not picking up his 5th year option.

Just now, Jetworks said:

If that's the case, the coach/GM need to make a decision. Move Becton to LT, AVT to RT, and figure out what to do with Tippmann in the middle. If Becton balls out, maybe he forgives them for not picking up his 5th year option.

They’re using a bunch of veterans now instead of younger guys.  But they need that young speed.  Once again we have coaches who think the vets are better but they’re not.  Put Izzy in

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

Parsons killed Brown.  I was there watching, and they never tried to help him out.

Their line is garbage.  Can't run. Can't get a push on 3rd and 1.   Can't pass protect.

Yup, look at some of the stuff Nania is posting on Twitter. Tomlinson and Brown are awful. Uzomah wasn't much better

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

I'm familiar with your feelings about Wilson, and a lot of them are valid. Whatever small improvements we could expect to see going forward (and thereby giving us as fans a chance at having at least a fun season to watch) are being hindered, severely, by the OL. Whether that's due to personnel, scheme, playcalling, or a myriad of all of that is immaterial if it doesn't get fixed, because whoever lines up behind it will also not succeed (but maybe look better doing it). 

I think that when Zach Wilson is mercifully benched, the OL will magically go back to looking like everyone else’s OL. 

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I've been screaming about this since March... I even said I wish the draft was OL,OL, OL, LB, OL

It's worse than even I feared.

Might play golf next Sunday.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Does a GM who has failed to fix a glaringly obvious problem (The O-line) after 5 seasons as GM, despite use of several 1st round picks, deserve a contract extension?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

My starting Oline for Pats game next week:

LT Becton 

LG Tomlinson

C McGovern

RG Tippman

RT AVT

McGovern gave up more QB pressures today than any other lineman. The fact they haven’t upgraded center in a number of years falls on JD and is why his job should be on the line this offseason. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think that when Zach Wilson is mercifully benched, the OL will magically go back to looking like everyone else’s OL. 

Then you're not being objective in what you're watching, quite frankly. 

There's another one I can't find right now where Tomlinson is bent backwards like a banana, legs splayed (short yardage play).

Point being, the QB has nothing to do with poor blocking seen here (and what I described above). Want to blame the QB play for the box being loaded? Sure, go ahead. But piss-poor technique? Nope, and that won't improve with a different QB. 

• Upvote 2