The OL line is as Bad as Predicted

Dunnie

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I've been screaming about this since March... I even said I wish the draft was OL,OL, OL, LB, OL

It's worse than even I feared.

Might play golf next Sunday.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Next Sunday is probably going to be a trainwreck.  

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I've been screaming about this since March... I even said I wish the draft was OL,OL, OL, LB, OL

I wonder if your score will exceed our yards from scrimmage? 

OL in the draft, OL in the draft! We missed it.

Ironically, the biggest problem is Brown, who was considered one of the safest bets on this OL.  So much so that Becton had ZERO chance of winning that LT job regardless of how good he looked in camp.  

At this rate, Becton will be back on the left side before long.  Then either AVT bumps out to RT or Mitchell gets another shot.  Not sure if they'd go to Turner ahead of him but I like Mitchell's upside more.  But yeah, Brown has to be a lot better.  Like....WAY better.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Not sure if this is a controversial take, but even if we got Broderick Jones, he wouldn't have seen the field yet.  No way would they have started him over Brown yet.  Probably not in week 1, and definitely not after a win and going up against Parsons.  Steelers didn't even start him in their game.  Not to mention he wasn't even available(really not looking to get into a Rodgers trade value debate either).  Who was available at that spot?  Cody Mauch?  Is that who you preferred?  We did take OL with our next two picks though, and then a LB after that, so overall not far off on your wish list.

But yeah, let's chill with the whole "we should have drafted" stuff.  It's two weeks in.  The guy we're wishing we could replace right now - Duane Brown - was considered one of the positive OL pieces we had at the time of the draft.  If anything people wanted a tackle to replace Becton, and he's been our best guy by far to this point.  Let's let sh*t play out a bit.  Rough game, but still just one loss.  Tough defense.  Let's let these guys continue to gel/gain some chemistry(didn't play as a full unit pretty much until right before week 1).  Way too early to panic.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Not sure if this is a controversial take, but even if we got Broderick Jones, he wouldn't have seen the field yet.  No way would they have started him over Brown yet.  Probably not in week 1, and definitely not after a win and going up against Parsons.  Steelers didn't even start him in their game.  Not to mention he wasn't even available(really not looking to get into a Rodgers trade value debate either).  Who was available at that spot?  Cody Mauch?  Is that who you preferred?  We did take OL with our next two picks though, and then a LB after that, so overall not far off on your wish list.

But yeah, let's chill with the whole "we should have drafted" stuff.  It's two weeks in.  The guy we're wishing we could replace right now - Duane Brown - was considered one of the positive OL pieces we had at the time of the draft.  If anything people wanted a tackle to replace Becton, and he's been our best guy by far to this point.  Let's let sh*t play out a bit.  Rough game, but still just one loss.  Tough defense.  Let's let these guys continue to gel/gain some chemistry(didn't play as a full unit pretty much until right before week 1).  Way too early to panic.  
Fair point

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Mike White put up numbers behind this same line sans their supposed best player: AVT. 

LaFleur schemed a bunch of it.

Maybe no one knows what they **** they’re talking about?

He put up numbers in one or two games before they figured him out and he got totally mauled.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, DireJet said:

How come Zach never had even one game close to what Mike White produced? And why is Zach still here?

Because Mike White's playing style matched with LaFleur's. Except it was never going to be sustainable. As for why Zach is still here, probably cap reasons.