The struggle for every Jet fan right now

2 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Ummm OK... If you say so... Basing all your stats and a previous years play is reasonable.. Interesting... I guess players never improve

Jones is already blowing Wilson away in almost every stat category.  Of course he's stats don't count becuase competition.  

Players do improve and players wash out.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Let me make it easy for YOU.  Zack Wilson has been the worst starting QB in the NFL over the last two year by any reasonable measurement and has shown ZERO improvement over that time and has given us more of the same this season so far, but you are willing to ignore these indisputable facts because your fanboy goggles prohibit you from living in reality and admitting that the Jets made a catastrophic mistake when they drafted him.

Got it.

Again refuting no stats or making no points other than he was bad the last 2 years... Got it.. Helpless soul... Go. Be mad. 

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Jones is already blowing Wilson away in almost every stat category.  Of course he's stats don't count becuase competition.  

Players do improve and players wash out.

Again, let's use the Dallas game because it's the same team... You cannot measure up a top 5 defense against a bottom 5 defense and expect the stats to equal out... That is just idiotic... 

Who played better against Dallas defense?... Who had better stats against Dallas defense.. 

Can you please compare apples to apples making the argument... 

Comparing the Bills defense to Arizona is insane... 

57 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

WOW! You fanboys love to bend reality. The game was out of reach because Zack Wilson was inefficient as usual and couldn't move the ball and score points, and then when he has to play catch up, he becomes even more inefficient! He has put down two years of game film that painfully illustrates this over and over again, but yet you are willing to ignore it and blame everyone and everything else under the sun.  

Got it.

Game was out of reach because the D fell apart, the O couldn’t make up the difference and a painful fumble put us in a deeper hole essentially ending the game
Zach’s play in the first half was good enough to keep us in the game.  Then the game got out of hand and desperation ensued 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Sure. He is also 1 and 1 and played against 2 top 5 defenses... Let's see how he does against easier defenses before making definitive statements. 

Any statements we make are irrelevant, so no need to tell anyone not to make them.  If people think they know enough to be definitive, so what.

It's not going to get any easier, Pats D is solid, KC is KC, Denver is winnable (as the 'Ders just showed) but Philly will be a slog.

Using your "he is 1 and 1" above, there is every possibility "he is 1 and 5" at the bye week, and still in the 30th-32nd ranked area in terms of QB performance metrics.

If that comes to pass, will you change you mind on him?  Or still too early at that point for you?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Again refuting no stats or making no points other than he was bad the last 2 years... Got it.. Helpless soul... Go. Be mad. 

You have proven to the entire board that you are anything but "reasonable" and a Zack Wilson fanboy with ZERO evidence to back up your conviction, only hope and a wing and a prayer.  You can "thumbs down" every post I make but we all know at the end of the day that you are as wrong about Zack Wilson as the day is long. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Any statements we make are irrelevant, so no need to tell anyone not to make them.  If people think they know enough to be definitive, so what.

It's not going to get any easier, Pats D is solid, KC is KC, Denver is winnable (as the 'Ders just showed) but Philly will be a slog.

Using your "he is 1 and 1" above, there is every possibility "he is 1 and 5" at the bye week, and still in the 30th-32nd ranked area in terms of QB performance metrics.

If that comes to pass, will you change you mind on him?  Or still too early at that point for you?

Agreed... I don't think ZW is good... He is OK and is improving... I want him to get better but comparing him to DJ saying that he should have put up garbage points is idiotic... And proves nothing and I pointed out that DJ was worse and scored NO points against that team

But somehow that is irrelevant because it's not anti Zach. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Guys it’s over. 2023 will feel like 2022 because it’s the same exact team. Have a healthy O line and a new scheme so perhaps slight improvement.

But we lost AR and the season in week 1.  Here we are again arguing over ZW’s progress.  Quibbling over the dog after the hurricane destroyed the neighborhood.

Correction! We are arguing over Zack's LACK of progress! And there's really no argument, just the delusion of a few misguided fanboys. 😎

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

You have proven to the entire board that you are anything but "reasonable" and a Zack Wilson fanboy with ZERO evidence to back up your conviction, only hope and a wing and a prayer.  You can "thumbs down" every post I make but we all know at the end of the day that you are as wrong about Zack Wilson as the day is long. 

How am I a fanboy... You quote DJ stats saying that his comeback against a bottom 5 team should have been Zach against Dallas.. 

I the pointed out that DJ had no points and worse stats against the same defense and you have no response to that... 

Now who is being unreasonable? 

Nobody said ZW was good... All I said was he was better against the same defense as DJ and beat a better team in the Bills. 

3 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Agreed... I don't think ZW is good... He is OK and is improving... I want him to get better but comparing him to DJ saying that he should have put up garbage points is idiotic... And proves nothing and I pointed out that DJ was worse and scored NO points against that team

But somehow that is irrelevant because it's not anti Zach. 

No one said any of that.  That's just more of your delusion. The point was that Wilson is incapable of putting a team on has back when necessary and making a comeback on a consistent basis. The further behind he gets, the worse he gets, REGARDLESS of the opponent. This has been proven time and time again over two seasons now, but you refuse to acknowledge this because it doesn't fit your fanboy narrative.

Still waiting for the "Zack is improving" stats btw.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

No one said any of that.  That's just more of your delusion. The point was that Wilson is incapable of putting a team on has back when necessary and making a comeback on a consistent basis. The further behind he gets, the worse he gets, REGARDLESS of the opponent. This has been proven time and time again over two seasons now, but you refuse to acknowledge this because it doesn't fit your fanboy narrative.

Still waiting for the "Zack is improving" stats btw.y

You are the one who brought up DJ... I proved that ZW played better against the same opponent and you have gone unhinged trying to tell me I am wrong because that same QB who did worse against the same opponent lead the Giants back against a bottom 5 team actively tanking..

Yet ZW leads the team back on game winning drives against a top 5 defense and gets no credit for that because the defense played lights out... 

Am I understanding your argument correctly...

Oh and ZW is terrible because everything in the past... 

Who is delusional here? 

5 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

You are the one who brought up DJ... I proved that ZW played better against the same opponent and you have gone unhinged trying to tell me I am wrong because that same QB who did worse against the same opponent lead the Giants back against a bottom 5 team actively tanking..

Yet ZW leads the team back on game winning drives against a top 5 defense and gets no credit for that because the defense played lights out... 

Am I understanding your argument correctly...

Oh and ZW is terrible because everything in the past... 

Who is delusional here? 

Bro you are delusional. No one said ANY of that. Despite multiple explanations, your lack of objectivity won't allow you to take it all in. Quit while you're behind. You're embarrassing yourself. 

For all your bluster and bravado, nothing you can say will change the fact that:

Zack Wilson has been the worst QB in the NFL for two years.

His performance (and stats) this season so far has done very little to nothing to convince any reasonable person that he'll be any better going forward.  

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Bro you are delusional. No one said ANY of that. Despite multiple explanations, your lack of objectivity won't allow you to take it all in. Quit while you're behind. You're embarrassing yourself. 

For all your bluster and bravado, nothing you can say will change the fact that:

Zack Wilson has been the worst QB in the NFL for two years.

His performance (and stats) this season so far has done very little to nothing to convince any reasonable person that he'll be any better going forward.  

Every post shows that you are losing it...

You brought up DJ... Not me... I just used that to prove why your delusion of garbage stats against the best defense in the NFL doesn't compare to DJ coming back against the worst team in football. 

Keep trying maybe you will eventually make a point. 

To be honest, I too saw an improved ZW....not in the final results (I'll talk to that in a sec) but in his pocket stature. He did seem to be right in the middle of the pocket when he got smoked. Last year, he'd be running 20 yards behind the LOS....every.single.time.  He seemed more willing to step up in the pocket while pressure came around from the sides.

ZW is not a dominant QB who finds a way to win no matter what. He needs the rest of his team to help him.

Zack hits Garrett in stride....TD. Good, nice throw.

If Sauce completes the easiest pick 6 he'll ever have....Jets up 14-10. Changes game plan that Hackett can call.

If right side keeps Zach clean for full 2 seconds, Zach connects with wide open Garrett for TD#2. Jets up 21-10. At that point, our run game could become dominant and taken over the game.

Jets D recovers fumble (instead of Dallas center who ran 30 yards downfield), Keep Dallas off the score board.

I believe Ulbricht and Saleh will get the D figured out pretty quick.  I HOPE our Oline will start to jell after a few games together. If I'm wrong, Brown will get benched, Becton will move to LT, and it will be a repeat of last season.

But if we get solid contributions from all phases of our team, then yes, we can win a lot of games with ZW under center.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Every post shows that you are losing it...

You brought up DJ... Not me... I just used that to prove why your delusion of garbage stats against the best defense in the NFL doesn't compare to DJ coming back against the worst team in football. 

Keep trying maybe you will eventually make a point. 

The only thing that's getting lost here are games when Zack Wilson starts.  This is going to continue until he's benched once and for all.  I'll come calling on you for my flowers when that happens. 

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The only thing that's getting lost here are games when Zack Wilson starts.  This is going to continue until he's benched once and for all.  I'll come calling on you for my flowers when that happens. 

If you take out both their rookie years (they were both 3-10)...

ZW is 6-5 and Jones is 19-21... What is your point here.. 

22 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

To be honest, I too saw an improved ZW....not in the final results (I'll talk to that in a sec) but in his pocket stature. He did seem to be right in the middle of the pocket when he got smoked. Last year, he'd be running 20 yards behind the LOS....every.single.time.  He seemed more willing to step up in the pocket while pressure came around from the sides.

ZW is not a dominant QB who finds a way to win no matter what. He needs the rest of his team to help him.

Zack hits Garrett in stride....TD. Good, nice throw.

If Sauce completes the easiest pick 6 he'll ever have....Jets up 14-10. Changes game plan that Hackett can call.

If right side keeps Zach clean for full 2 seconds, Zach connects with wide open Garrett for TD#2. Jets up 21-10. At that point, our run game could become dominant and taken over the game.

Jets D recovers fumble (instead of Dallas center who ran 30 yards downfield), Keep Dallas off the score board.

I believe Ulbricht and Saleh will get the D figured out pretty quick.  I HOPE our Oline will start to jell after a few games together. If I'm wrong, Brown will get benched, Becton will move to LT, and it will be a repeat of last season.

But if we get solid contributions from all phases of our team, then yes, we can win a lot of games with ZW under center.

👍

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Daniel Jones was down by 21 but yet he somehow managed to keep himself and his team focused, made play after play, and eventually won the game for them in dramatic fashion. This notion that because the Jets were down big it somehow excuses Wilson from abhorrent play is ABSURD.  How many more 1 TD, 3 INT games do some of y'all need to see before moving on from Zack Wilson?  He will NEVER be a legit NFL QB.  

What happened the previous week with Daniel Jones?  Perhaps against the same team we just played.  I forget.  Although I think you did too.

3 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Not sure you have made a point yet but OK... Continue with your delusion 

Let me spell it out for you reeeeeaal slllooooooooooow so you can understand - Zack Wilson is a terrible QB which has absolutely nothing to do with Daniel Jones' record or your insatiable and misguided need to defend a QB who has proven absolutely nothing over 2+ seasons EXCEPT that he's not an NFL caliber QB.  We can go round and round all day long but no matter what you say or how many thumbs down you give me, Zack Wilson will still be a really sh1tty QB. I pray to the football God's that I'm wrong and he magically turns it around but I'm gonna stick with the numbers, history, and the old adage that says "when someone shows you who they are, believe them." I believe you, Zack.  I believe you.  

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

What happened the previous week with Daniel Jones?  Perhaps against the same team we just played.  I forget.  Although I think you did too.

Nope. Both were equally lousy against a very good defense. This proves what now? Zack Wilson has been lousy for two seasons, regardless of the opponent. I think every Jets fan who isn't brain dead would swap Wilson for Jones right now. Jets are a LOCK playoff team with Jones as QB1.    

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Was just going to bring this up as ChuckkieB fails to see the problem with his choice in selectively using Jones to express his frustration with Zack. I get what he was trying to do, as I'm sure all here do, though his choice to do so really does the opposite. 

No need to explain reeeeeeaaaallll sloooooooow... we get it!

19 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Let me spell it out for you reeeeeaal slllooooooooooow so you can understand - Zack Wilson is a terrible QB which has absolutely nothing to do with Daniel Jones' record or your insatiable and misguided need to defend a QB who has proven absolutely nothing over 2+ seasons EXCEPT that he's not an NFL caliber QB.  We can go round and round all day long but no matter what you say or how many thumbs down you give me, Zack Wilson will still be a really sh1tty QB. I pray to the football God's that I'm wrong and he magically turns it around but I'm gonna stick with the numbers, history, and the old adage that says "when someone shows you who they are, believe them." I believe you, Zack.  I believe you.  

You have done nothing to disprove my points... Got it ZW sucks because of his first 2 years... 

You bring up DJ, I show you points how ZW was better... You ignore them and just say look at his first 2 years.. 

Nobody is saying ZW was good... I was disproving your idiotic point that he should have better statistics in garbage time like DJ did against Arizona. 

You have gone unhinged and keep moving the argument... 

12 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Was just going to bring this up as ChuckkieB fails to see the problem with his choice in selectively using Jones to express his frustration with Zack. I get what he was trying to do, as I'm sure all here do, though his choice to do so really does the opposite. 

No need to explain reeeeeeaaaallll sloooooooow... we get it!

Exactly... Thickheadness is getting worse... 

10 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Nope. Both were equally lousy against a very good defense. This proves what now? Zack Wilson has been lousy for two seasons, regardless of the opponent. I think every Jets fan who isn't brain dead would swap Wilson for Jones right now. Jets are a LOCK playoff team with Jones as QB1.    

Man Chuckie hijacked this discussion thread. We get it bro. You think he sucks and will never improve. No need to beat a dead horse. I hope you’re wrong and the kid is able to find some success in the league. All I know is I will be rooting for him, you can see the kid cares and he’s trying. It was different last year he almost seemed entitled. Tough to root for. This year not so much, I believe he’s been humbled and it shows. If he continues to regress then it’s back to the drawing board but in the meantime I’ll remain cautiously optimistic. Always have to have a little hope friend but I guess you’ll be watching the Giants on Sunday so it doesn’t matter.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

You have done nothing to disprove my points... Got it ZW sucks because of his first 2 years... 

You bring up DJ, I show you points how ZW was better... You ignore them and just say look at his first 2 years.. 

Nobody is saying ZW was good... I was disproving your idiotic point that he should have better statistics in garbage time like DJ did against Arizona. 

You have gone unhinged and keep moving the argument... 

Show me where I literally said that Zack Wilson should have better stats in garbage time like DJ had in Arizona???  You keep saying that but it doesn't make it true! I've literally articulated my point multiple times but you refuse to acknowledge it and keep doubling down on your stupidity.

Keep those thumbs down coming. Make your d1ck feel bigger? 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Daniel Jones was down by 21 but yet he somehow managed to keep himself and his team focused, made play after play, and eventually won the game for them in dramatic fashion. This notion that because the Jets were down big it somehow excuses Wilson from abhorrent play is ABSURD.  How many more 1 TD, 3 INT games do some of y'all need to see before moving on from Zack Wilson?  He will NEVER be a legit NFL QB.  

20 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Show me where I literally said that Zack Wilson should have better stats in garbage time like DJ had in Arizona???  You keep saying that but it doesn't make it true! I've literally articulated my point multiple times but you refuse to acknowledge it and keep doubling down on your stupidity.

Keep those thumbs down coming. Make your d1ck feel bigger? 

There you go... Not sure why you feel the need to deny your initial point... 

You arguments are coming off as just an angry old man... 

But tell me how I am wrong.