The JN Website - Many Issues Again Tonight

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It has to be a capacity thing.

4 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Definitely a capacity issue.

59 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Too much traffic. That's the typical message. 

That's my impression as well, the server is melting down when alot of folks are all posting furiously and we're at maximum user-count, and the resultant error screens all look like "capacity overload" type messages to me.  You can tell it's going down because posts start getting hard to actually post (wait times, then they don't post, and you have to try again, along with overall site-response-slowdown, then ultimately the failure screens).

Good luck @Maxman, we appreciate everything you do for us and thank you in advance for looking into this.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Definitely a capacity issue. The server was overloaded with requests (site traffic), and was timing out. It happened regularly during and especially after the game. 

As it has every single game this year.  Though it seems to be getting worse (well, other than the Patriots game where it didn't work at all).

6 hours ago, PS17 said:

I’ve tried accessing the forum each of the last three football Sundays and failed. I don’t know if it’s a traffic or server issue but I have never experienced this in my 15 years on JetNation. I don’t know what changed but the forum has been pretty inaccessible every Sunday. 

Thank you, and everyone for posting the info.

I wasn't aware that this is happening. I am on it, just wasn't aware of the issue other than what happened last weekend. 

Someone had posted once saying they got a message after week one I believe. I went back and couldn't find it.  We were on a dedicated server for years and never had a problem. We are now paying an extra $200 per month to be in the cloud, and we were supposed to have more upside, not less.

I will get this fixed, thanks.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Thank you, and everyone for posting the info.

I wasn't aware that this is happening. I am on it, just wasn't aware of the issue other than what happened last weekend. 

Someone had posted once saying they got a message after week one I believe. I went back and couldn't find it.  We were on a dedicated server for years and never had a problem. We are now paying an extra $200 per month to be in the cloud, and we were supposed to have more upside, not less.

I will get this fixed, thanks.

I thought part of the upside to being in the cloud is you have elastic resources to deal with load spiking

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

I let Invision know. Hopefully they can check our database settings. Thanks.

ever since the sever went down a few weeks ago i cant get on in normal mode. only in private. 

i keep getting a message that the page is having a problem and i should try to refresh or restart. i have done both and still nothing.

also says.... Error code : STATUS_BREAKPOINT

17 minutes ago, doitny said:

ever since the sever went down a few weeks ago i cant get on in normal mode. only in private. 

i keep getting a message that the page is having a problem and i should try to refresh or restart. i have done both and still nothing.

also says.... Error code : STATUS_BREAKPOINT

Interesting, sorry about that. Please let me know what you're trying to access from your phone a laptop etc and what the operating system is?

Also if you could post a screen print of the error I will have invision look at it thank you so much.

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

Interesting, sorry about that. Please let me know what you're trying to access from your phone a laptop etc and what the operating system is?

Also if you could post a screen print of the error I will have invision look at it thank you so much.

i was on my PC

2023-10-11.png

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

But if you open an incognito window it works?

Do me a favor please clear your browser cache and try again from a normal window.

Let me know if that helped, thanks.

it help for like 10 seconds and it stopped. gave me the same message except told me to restart which i did and again the same thing. 

ah dont worry about it, i can still get on here in private mode. just wanted to see if im the only one. maybe its something with my PC. but this is the only place i have this problem.

i can still do everything but see twitter posts. 

thanks i appreciate you getting back to me fast and trying to help out.

3 hours ago, doitny said:

it help for like 10 seconds and it stopped. gave me the same message except told me to restart which i did and again the same thing. 

ah dont worry about it, i can still get on here in private mode. just wanted to see if im the only one. maybe its something with my PC. but this is the only place i have this problem.

i can still do everything but see twitter posts. 

thanks i appreciate you getting back to me fast and trying to help out.

What does private mode mean? I thought that meant incognito. Did you clear your cache?  Thanks.