Props to Wilson

Ghost

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

OK great so they were down in the 4th and Zach drove the ball downfield to tie the game in a comeback. So does he not get credit for that, I am confused. 

I guess technically it does. Typically when I think of crediting a QB with a 4th quarter comeback they're doing the heavy lifting for the win. Zach helped lead one TD drive that game and it happened to be in the 4th quarter to tie. Then the defense and special teams led the team to victory from there.

Not saying he played bad but I never felt like he was carrying the team or anything.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I guess technically it does. Typically when I think of crediting a QB with a 4th quarter comeback they're doing the heavy lifting for the win. Zach helped lead one TD drive that game and it happened to be in the 4th quarter to tie. Then the defense and special teams led the team to victory from there.

Not saying he played bad but I never felt like he was carrying the team or anything.

Was that 1 drive what they needed to tie the game and come back?

Was it in a high pressure situation?

Did he perform throws and passes to get down field? 

On the turnover was he forced to run it 7 times because the OC was ultra conservative? Is that Zach's fault? 

Did Zach have an opportunity to make an overtime game winning drive? Does he not get credit because they scored a TD on the punt? 

I am just trying to figure out the criteria that would allow him to gain the victory for coming back... 

In summary, I get that he doesn't get credit because the game tying TD wasn't the game winner and because the defense and special teams played awesome at the very end, he gets stripped of the credit because he didn't get the opportunity to put together a game winning drive.. RIGHT? 

Not to be nit picky but how do you know he wasn't going to drive the ball down for a game winning score? He never got a chance... Sure you can predict he wouldn't but he did just go and score a late TD to tie the game... 

Sure you can say that the TD was a great catch and it should have been intercepted but it was close enough and a great player made a play... Do you fault other QBs when there superstar makes a play the way you do for Zach? 

Just questions... Seems slightly biased against the kid if you ask me. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Was that 1 drive what they needed to tie the game and come back?

Was it in a high pressure situation?

Did he perform throws and passes to get down field? 

On the turnover was he forced to run it 7 times because the OC was ultra conservative? Is that Zach's fault? 

Did Zach have an opportunity to make an overtime game winning drive? Does he not get credit because they scored a TD on the punt? 

I am just trying to figure out the criteria that would allow him to gain the victory for coming back... 

In summary, I get that he doesn't get credit because the game tying TD wasn't the game winner and because the defense and special teams played awesome at the very end, he gets stripped of the credit because he didn't get the opportunity to put together a game winning drive.. RIGHT? 

Not to be nit picky but how do you know he wasn't going to drive the ball down for a game winning score? He never got a chance... Sure you can predict he wouldn't but he did just go and score a late TD to tie the game... 

Sure you can say that the TD was a great catch and it should have been intercepted but it was close enough and a great player made a play... Do you fault other QBs when there superstar makes a play the way you do for Zach? 

Just questions... Seems slightly biased against the kid if you ask me. 

give him credit for all 3 if you want, doesn't matter to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

He says it was a keeper but I have zero idea why they would call a run play with 24 seconds left. Unless it was a roll out, pass option kinda thing. If it wasn’t, yeah that’s a bad look. 

What he did say was, it was a roll out hence why he knew he had to change protection to stay in the pocket. Tough when it's just a Twitter snipit

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

give him credit for all 3 if you want, doesn't matter to me.

I was just wondering why you are so quick to discredit him for that win. 

He played like sh*t for most of the game. But in Tebow like fashion he found a way. 

Now, if the OC and him would get on the same page. The fact that Breece isn't getting 20+ handoffs a game is a crime. 

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He played like sh*t for most of the game. But in Tebow like fashion he found a way. 

Now, if the OC and him would get on the same page. The fact that Breece isn't getting 20+ handoffs a game is a crime. 

I already explained why. You want to argue about it but I'm not interested. Give him credit for 3 fourth quarter comebacks if it makes you feel good.

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

Take this however you want, but it's probably meaningful to look at his CMP% game by game.

Against KC and DEN, he was over 70%.  PHI was 57.6% but it's PHI and Reddick was giving him lap dances all day.  Last week you could certainly point to the rain, the leaky OL, and the drops.  Weeks 2 (DAL) and 3 (NE) were bad.  So you could argue that he has improved over the past 4 weeks from the first 3, but it's a subjective thing for now.  I think this week, vs. SD who does not have a great defense, in dry weather, should be an excellent indicator of where he is now.   

I'm willing to wait and see how this game goes before deciding anything.

so Dan you still deciding after 3 years of completely inept offense ? I'll make it simple look at the offense under the other QB's this team played in that span and you should have all the info you need. So Zach has improved but he still can't score points and he still can't convert 3rd downs . 

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

lol - one is the Bills game where Gipson returned the OT punt for a TD and another is the Eagles game where he handed it off to Breece for a TD after Adams picked the ball off.

It really was an awesome 4th quarter comeback last week. He was an incredibly lucky to have the opportunity after holding the ball too long and taking a sack on 4th and what should have been game. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=WilsZa00

#toxic

Stop it !!!!  Wilson won all of those games 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

So the alleged anti-Zach group are the only ones spamming the board and not having rational discussions about his growth as a player.  Got it.

yeah, pretty much. I don't see the pro-zach group creating 48 pages of nonsense about a backup QB. I do see them make positive posts, but they don't regergetiate the same HE F'NG SUCKS SO BAD IS THE WORST QB EVER BS drivel for page after page and spam the sh*t out of anyone who claims there is even a shred of improvement, glad you got it pal, say hi to your buddy MLF for me

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I don't think that is at all why people say hes improving. I think people say hes improving becasue he is. I will grant all the nitwits that he is improving from an incredibly low level, and is nowhere near where he needs to be, but he is improving, and nobody can say how much more he can and will improve, even the nitwit crew.

He is improving in multiple ways, number 1, his footwork and mechanics are clearly better than they were last year. Very important

2) He comes off his first read way better than last year

3) he very rarely is running backwards which was ridiculous, but hes not doing it much and when he does hes more frequently getting rid of it or actually turning into a positive play

4) his short pass accuracy is way better than it was last year, this was a major problem, outside of one dirt ball which slipped from his hand in a rain storm, his short pass accuracy is way better

5) he is using his eyes to hold safeties at times, he has done this multiple times this year and never did it before.

Saying he has not improves is pure BS, you want to say not enough, its your right, but when you make stupid arguments like this, its hard to take you seriously at all, like the rest of the nitwit crew

@Smashmouth

instead of acting like one of the nitwit crew, tell me how these are not accurate and Im wrong, try to show your football acumen that you pride yourself on pal

13 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:
[mention=9504]Smashmouth[/mention]
instead of acting like one of the nitwit crew, tell me how these are not accurate and Im wrong, try to show your football acumen that you pride yourself on pal

Let it go bro .. Smashmouth will come around eventually ... There are those that legit think he won't get better .. and tbh until production improves and points go up .. I don't blame them that much. These guys have well thought arguments and don't care who is at QB if the position is contributing with good production. A totally different group of guys than the incessant Zach bashers that have hated the kid since 4 weeks before the draft and never really establish any sort of argument other than "Milfy Boy Sucks ... He is too rich to fit in with the locker room" (a room full of millionaires)

.... Most of the naysayers will be elated if the Kid turns a corner in a big way ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Let it go bro .. Smashmouth will come around eventually ... There are those that legit think he won't get better .. and tbh until production improves and points go up .. I don't blame them that much. These guys have well thought arguments and don't care who is at QB if the position is contributing with good production. A totally different group of guys than the incessant Zach bashers that have hated the kid since 4 weeks before the draft and never really establish any sort of argument other than "Milfy Boy Sucks ... He is too rich to fit in with the locker room" (a room full of millionaires)

.... Most of the naysayers will be elated if the Kid turns a corner in a big way ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I have no problem with good football debate, I see the side of thinking he sucks and will never get better. In all honestly I am probably closer to that side than the side thinking its a slam dunk hes going to be great. Smash very much seems to be in the totally differnt group you mention, along with most of the people who contribute to 200 pages of ZACH WILSON IS WORST QB EVER over a backup qb

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Don’t bother. You can’t win with these people. 

I never even said he’s great or he’s the future or he even played great. All I’m saying is he needs a crutch, more support. The offensive line, the play calling, and the running game were absolutely trash. He has 3 different players snap him the ball in one game. All this is an epitome of disaster. This is not how you support a young QB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Don’t bother. You can’t win with these people. 

I never even said he’s great or he’s the future or he even played great. All I’m saying is he needs a crutch, more support. The offensive line, the play calling, and the running game were absolutely trash. He has 3 different players snap him the ball in one game. All this is an epitome of disaster. This is not how you support a young QB. 

I can agree with this... But now after watching PLAJ video, highlighting how well he actually played against the Giants, I am extremely encouraged that they might light up the chargers much like he did against the dolphins in the second half of that first game last year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

So the alleged anti-Zach group are the only ones spamming the board and not having rational discussions about his growth as a player.  Got it.

11 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

yeah, pretty much. I don't see the pro-zach group creating 48 pages of nonsense about a backup QB. I do see them make positive posts, but they don't regergetiate the same HE F'NG SUCKS SO BAD IS THE WORST QB EVER BS drivel for page after page and spam the sh*t out of anyone who claims there is even a shred of improvement, glad you got it pal, say hi to your buddy MLF for me

@Smashmouth

I have no problem with good football debate, I see the side of thinking he sucks and will never get better. In all honestly I am probably closer to that side than the side thinking its a slam dunk hes going to be great. Smash very much seems to be in the totally differnt group you mention, along with most of the people who contribute to 200 pages of ZACH WILSON IS WORST QB EVER over a backup qb

22 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

we need 47 pages of threads bashing Saleh for not bashing Wilson, please start the process sir

18 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

OMG!! @Matt39 Can you imagine how much better he would have done this weekend had he not gone back to Utah to spend time with family?? Family first!!

16 hours ago, Greg555 said:

ZW’s QB play is improving.  His play can’t stagnate however..because it’s still not good enough.  
At least the arrow is pointing up for him and now he can finally play a string of games against lesser defenses.  
No excuses.  No more baby steps.  I have belief he will make that jump, but he’ll need Hackett to step up his game as the play-caller.  

16 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

holy sh*t! a fair, objective Jet fan, this is like a serious unicorn! Max, sign this guy long term!!

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

oh, that is all, oh

Good Point @#27TheDominator  And that's just a page and a half

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

lol, can't beleive you took that much time pal, I used to actually have a lot of respect for you, you literally have gone full JF80, congrats

Took about 30 seconds because as I said it was all on the last 2 pages and if you use the little + sign at the bottom of each post it stack's them for you. With that being said You actually had to type all that dribble out for each post . You wasted a lot more time than me trying to prove the 32nd ranked QB in the NFL for the last 3 years in a row is viable and improving in areas that actually mean something and are associated with scoring points.

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Took about 30 seconds because as I said it was all on the last 2 pages and if you use the little + sign at the bottom of each post it stack's them for you. With that being said You actually had to type all that dribble out for each post . You wasted a lot more time than me trying to prove the 32nd ranked QB in the NFL for the last 3 years in a row is viable and improving in areas that actually mean something and are associated with scoring points.

Ive never, ever once even said viable, thats your paranoia buddy. Talk about dribble, how about some actual football debate other than 32, 32, 32, 32, sucks balls, sucks balls, 32, 32, 32, lol

I wonder if other fanbases twist themselves into pretzels to prop up under performing QB's the way ours does. Love the new "he's a backup QB" defense mechanism that's used to suggest you cannot criticize this QB, only praise him. So strange.

The guy is averaging less than 1 TD pass per game. He has one TD pass over the last 3 games and it was a 5 yard check down that Breece turned into a TD by being Breece. He's only passed for more than 200 yards in 2 of our 7 games. It's 2023 guys.

bUt WE're WInniNG! Props to Zach!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Ive never, ever once even said viable, thats your paranoia buddy. Talk about dribble, how about some actual football debate other than 32, 32, 32, 32, sucks balls, sucks balls, 32, 32, 32, lol

I made it very very clear the areas I felt Zach was lacking so why are you asking me yet again ? Just give it up already

Zach as a rookie:  He throws too many interceptions.  Hero ball loser!!! 

Zach's second year: He runs backwards and dirts short throws!!!

Zach year three: He's too conservative hitting 95% of those short throws, not turning the ball over,  and stepping up in the pocket!

Just keep doing what you're doing AND find a way to manufacture touchdowns and you'll be more than enough for this team.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Zach as a rookie:  He throws too many interceptions.  Hero ball loser!!! 

Zach's second year: He runs backwards and dirts short throws!!!

Zach year three: He's too conservative hitting 95% of those short throws, not turning the ball over,  and stepping up in the pocket!

Just keep doing what you're doing AND find a way to manufacture touchdowns and you'll be more than enough for this team.

Zach has improved, obviously. The problem is the progression you've documented is next to nothing. Rookies come into the NFL already doing all these things. Zach is still figuring it out in year 3 and there's an army of fan boys acting like he's putting the team on his shoulders and winning games. What are we doing?

It's 2023. QB's need to produce in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I wonder if other fanbases twist themselves into pretzels to prop up under performing QB's the way ours does. Love the new "he's a backup QB" defense mechanism that's used to suggest you cannot criticize this QB, only praise him. So strange.

The guy is averaging less than 1 TD pass per game. He has one TD pass over the last 3 games and it was a 5 yard check down that Breece turned into a TD by being Breece. He's only passed for more than 200 yards in 2 of our 7 games. It's 2023 guys.

Well hell you can be a 32nd ranked QB for 3 years and still somehow be improving in cherry picked stats. Don't you know that Barry ? Great QB's are not judged on actual production of an offense they are judged in how much they improve on throwing a 5 yard pass and whether or not they turn their back and run like hell the opposite way of the LOS . Now these are things we should be focusing on and don't get me started on 3rd down conversions who the hell needs that in todays NFL

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I made it very very clear the areas I felt Zach was lacking so why are you asking me yet again ? Just give it up already

Im not asking you anything anymore, Ive accepted what you have become, rather than having intelligent conversation, you would rather go all JF80 and spam everyone with stupid bs, enjoy. That doesnt mean I wont call out your bs when I smell it

8 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Im not asking you anything anymore, Ive accepted what you have become, rather than having intelligent conversation, you would rather go all JF80 and spam everyone with stupid bs, enjoy. That doesnt mean I wont call out your bs when I smell it

image.jpeg.62b79997b83721502b066448de956

*** This PSA has been brought to you by @Warfish ***

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Weirdest sh*t I’ve ever seen, bar none.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, obsessing over the QB that was supposed to be sitting on the bench behind Rodgers to this extreme extent truly mystifies me. It's like there is no rest until you convince everyone that Wilson is the worst QB to ever lace up cleats. At the very least it's an unhealthy obsession. There can be a thread about the new puppy someone got and Wilson will somehow get worked into it. It's beyond bizarre.

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Honestly, obsessing over the QB that was supposed to be sitting on the bench behind Rodgers

We wanted a QB sitting on the bench behind Rodgers that was decent. We wanted Zach 3rd string. But keep repeating your false narrative, and we'll continue laughing at you being dishonest. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Honestly, obsessing over the QB that was supposed to be sitting on the bench behind Rodgers to this extreme extent truly mystifies me. It's like there is no rest until you convince everyone that Wilson is the worst QB to ever lace up cleats. At the very least it's an unhealthy obsession. There can be a thread about the new puppy someone got and Wilson will somehow get worked into it. It's beyond bizarre.

845ae901-f1cb-464c-861e-8da71e6d6e42.thumb.webp.88379351137a57fccfb4546c56f5465c.webp

The starter went down in the first quarter w1. Zach is the starter now. Every year most of the talk on this forum is about the QB, usually because they suck. Now you're not only surprised most of the talk is about the QB but suggesting people shouldn't because "he's the backup".

• Haha 2