Why is no one talking about this?

Quinnen in contract year.  12 sacks, 35 solo tackles, 12 TFL, 28 QB hits

Mo Wilk in contract year, 12 sacks, 39 solo tackles, 11 TFL, 28 QB hits

A year later Mo Wilk got 4.5 sacks.   Quinnen is well below that pace.

As with Quinnen the fan base was totally outraged when anyone suggested mo wilk was not having a good year the first year after his big deal.

Where is Senor Gato btw?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life72 said:

If Quinnen is getting taken out of games with double teams then why did we let Dexter Lawrence ruin the entire game for us? Why can’t we scheme against other teams best players or get Q lined up for better matchups?

He hasn’t been great, it’s not a double team issue. 

It's a long season. QW has learned that you need to be there at the finish line. Pace yourself and finish strong. Nobody gives a rat's arse if you have 15 sacks and are out for the season by week 12, except fantasy football fans. I don't care about sacks, I care about constant smart pressure.  

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Quinnen in contract year.  12 sacks, 35 solo tackles, 12 TFL, 28 QB hits

Mo Wilk in contract year, 12 sacks, 39 solo tackles, 11 TFL, 28 QB hits

A year later Mo Wilk got 4.5 sacks.   Quinnen is well below that pace.

As with Quinnen the fan base was totally outraged when anyone suggested mo wilk was not having a good year the first year after his big deal.

Where is Senor Gato btw?

Huh....That looks like the thread I started about 4 weeks ago.  But I was told I was wrong, so....

He hasn't been the dominant player he was last year. 

A lot of that has to do with how offenses play him. He's getting stacked because offenses are worried about him. He's the highly paid face of the defensive front. Offenses have taken note. That's part of what's letting the edge players pick up stats. Any player getting double or triple teamed frequently is not going to have great stats. 

If you watch his play compared to Wilkerson, there's a difference. Wilkerson played without effort. QW might not play with the effort that earned him the contract, but he's not taking naps like Wilkerson.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Quinnen Williams has been awful this year.    The D being good has hidden this pretty nicely.  But he has done nothing since getting paid.

Is this a real post - because if so its one of the most clueless things Ive read on this board and that says a lot.  QW makes so many plays in the run game and constantly disrupts the OL.  We just happen to have elite edge rushers for the first time and they are the ones cleaning up the sacks.

• Upvote 1

Weird game to post this after.  He was all over the place.  8 tackles, 1 TFL, 2 hits.   Dude is an absolute beast.  He just has pass rushers galore around him now whereas last year, it was him and Lawson sprinkled w/ some Huff.  Different team, different line, Jefferson is also having a monster year and all of these dudes do it because Q.Will is a straight game wrecker.  Ya'll fools.  Watch how he collapses OL's and everything that happens after that on a play and you'll see his value. 

2 hours ago, usapaw said:

It's a long season. QW has learned that you need to be there at the finish line. Pace yourself and finish strong. Nobody gives a rat's arse if you have 15 sacks and are out for the season by week 12, except fantasy football fans. I don't care about sacks, I care about constant smart pressure.  

And it hasn't been there.  At least I haven't noticed it.  It felt like every snap Lawrence was driving the interior OL into Zach. I've seen Q get washed out many times 1 on 1 this season.  And sometimes against backups.

4 hours ago, Barton said:

He is not living up to the contract. Last year he was blowing past guards and centers and destroying QBs under 2.5 secs. 

Yes, agreed.

Funny how giving some guys the bag 💰 can turn all-pros into Nate Sheperd.

Almost looks like dude is making "business decisions" out there, preserving his body until his walk year.

Dude had ridiculous closing speed last season.  Looked like a man possessed.

On the last play in OT for the giants, it was 3rd & long & they attempted a middle screen to Saquon, I say attempted because Q was initially rushing the QB, saw the oline play off & Immediately broke to the middle & broke up the pass that was intended for Saquon … I know, to some, that’s not really a big deal but I think it is. Q is a complete player with Zero Ego, I Like Him Alot … even though I preferred Oliver in the draft… Once drafted, From day 1, I Never called him fat / lazy … Many here are Uber myopic … I would love for your Bosses to be as critical of you at your job.