Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

What if by some miracle we win today and Rodgers comes back next week?

Isn't he talking about practicing on December 2nd?   I feel like I've read he'd need at least 2 weeks of practice after that.  If that's true then 12/17 against Miami would seemingly be the earliest he'd possibly come back.

image.png.92b94ac71e679e0f50937d3f5817b58e.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's the spirit!!!

No harm in rooting for bad teams in case the Jets lose!

I’d love a late season rally and an Aaron Rodgers led Super Bowl run. Also would love it if my four month old would sleep through the night starting tonight.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

There’s enough good QBs in this draft where a top 10 pick can net us a future QB or get us a nice trade down.

More likely a trade down.  Too many OL and wr in the top half of round 1 for the jets to not take one and i doubt douglas gets to reset his gm clock so easily

• Upvote 2

On 11/24/2023 at 3:33 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Isn't he talking about practicing on December 2nd?   I feel like I've read he'd need at least 2 weeks of practice after that.  If that's true then 12/17 against Miami would seemingly be the earliest he'd possibly come back.

Looks like 2-4 to me after the dolphins loss. 

Wins against commanders and patriots to close out the season to give false hope and ruin our position.

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2023 at 6:33 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

If by some miracle if we beat Atlanta and Houston and Rodgers comes back vs Miami at 6-7 I will be ready to get hurt again. 

• Haha 2

On 11/24/2023 at 3:16 AM, Same Old Jets said:

We are not beating the Falcons or the Texans, or the Commanders, or the Browns, maybe tie the Pats which will be the Most Inept Football Game of the Year.  That will bring us to possibly 5-12. That could incredibly garner us the 5th pick behind Panthers, Pats, Cards and Bears.  Its very much a possibility, especially if Saleh keeps trotting Boyle out there who is absolutely useless.  Even if we win a game or two, which is highly doubtful, Wash, Titans and Giants could still have better records by a game or tiebreaker. Titans have the toughest schedule. Regardless, we are at the very least, getting a top 10 pick. 

7 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

We are not beating the Falcons or the Texans, or the Commanders, or the Browns, maybe tie the Pats which will be the Most Inept Football Game of the Year.  That will bring us to possibly 5-12. That could incredibly garner us the 5th pick behind Panthers, Pats, Cards and Bears.  Its very much a possibility, especially if Saleh keeps trotting Boyle out there who is absolutely useless.  Even if we win a game or two, which is highly doubtful, Wash, Titans and Giants could still have better records by a game or tiebreaker. Titans have the toughest schedule. Regardless, we are at the very least, getting a top 10 pick. 

If Rodgers sits out the rest of the season…as he should…I don’t think we win another game…but it’s us so we’ll beat the ‘85 Bears in December and lose out on a Frankenstein combo of Joe Montana’s brain, Dan Marino’s Arm, Michael Vick’s legs, and Tom Brady’s small d!ck

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I just wanna be ahead of the Bears second pick. 

What's scary is the Pats are set up to take Caleb or Maye. But they could win some games down the stretch and fall out of that sweepstakes.  Pats have Chargers, Steelers, Chiefs, Broncos, Bills, Jets.  A win against Jets and another win, would drop them behind us and they more than likely lose out on the top 2 QB's.  

45 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

What's scary is the Pats are set up to take Caleb or Maye. But they could win some games down the stretch and fall out of that sweepstakes.  Pats have Chargers, Steelers, Chiefs, Broncos, Bills, Jets.  A win against Jets and another win, would drop them behind us and they more than likely lose out on the top 2 QB's.  

I think they win against us (of course and how poetic BB’s possible last game as Patriots HC is against us), and possibly Steelers.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Still in 8th??? Was hoping to move up 

We're in the "4 win cluster" right now.  The Pats have a more difficult SoS though (which I'm pretty sure is a good thing for us), and I think that's the first tie-breaker.  It feels like the Pats aren't going to win another game though, not even against us (though they probably will want to send BB out a winner with one final win against the team he hates most).  Even if we lose to them, though, I still don't think we lose out and I don't know that the Pats have it in them to win a game against any other team this year (which would mean they'd get to 3 wins and we'd already have 4). 

It's unbelievable how things work out for that franchise.  Watch them have a FQB fall right into their lap, while our never-ending search for one continues indefinitely.

image.png.e1e4de332d8b6bc23aa8b96845863f82.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We're in the "4 win cluster" right now.  The Pats have a more difficult SoS though (which I'm pretty sure is a good thing for us), and I think that's the first tie-breaker.  It feels like the Pats aren't going to win another game though, not even against us (though they probably will want to send BB out a winner with one final win against the team he hates most).  Even if we lose to them, though, I still don't think we lose out and I don't know that the Pats have it in them to win a game against any other team this year (which would mean they'd get to 3 wins and we'd already have 4). 

It's unbelievable how things work out for that franchise.  Watch them have a FQB fall right into their lap, while our never-ending search for one continues indefinitely.

Rodgers has probably told the jets he wants to play 2 more years so douglas may think he’s got time to find another one.  But who is the backup next season?  Guys like minschew are tough to get, they win games and lots of starting qbs are injured.  Teams need 2, 3 qbs.  The jets have maybe one right now.  Whether the jets pick 4 or 9, they’re not taking a qb in round 1 and douglas may not want to trade out and miss out on a left tackle as the OL has dogged him since he arrived.  Would he use his only day 2 pick on a qb prospect, i would love to think so but i doubt it.  He probably thinks with rodgers he’s a LT and wr away from competing.  

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fret not forlorn soul.  The curse of Tom Brady is now bestowed upon thee Patriots franchise for many moons to come.