We Need To Draft a QB If There's An Opportunity

Grandy

19 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Like Daboll?  Guy is pretty much known for developing QBs.  The Giants still elected to pay all that coin to Daniel Jones.

I mean, Daboll took Daniel Jones who was hot garbage and about to be cut and got somethig out of him, then he took Devito who was undrafted and is getting something out of him. Paying Jones is on timing and on the GM more than Daboll, but yeah, give me a guy like Daboll who can make the most out of QB's any day of the week over the complete garbage we have on our staff and have had forever

18 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I mean, Daboll took Daniel Jones who was hot garbage and about to be cut and got somethig out of him, then he took Devito who was undrafted and is getting something out of him. Paying Jones is on timing and on the GM more than Daboll, but yeah, give me a guy like Daboll who can make the most out of QB's any day of the week over the complete garbage we have on our staff and have had forever

Daboll isn’t fixing Zach

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 11/19/2023 at 10:18 PM, T0mShane said:

Problem is JJ McCarthy would die here, you can’t trust Nix to be any good, and Penix has the extensive injury history. IMO, if they can’t get Daniels in round three, they’re better off taking a flyer on one of the gritty, experienced Purdy-types. Maybe Sam Hartman or the like.

Sam Hartman is going to be a very good QB in the NFL. And Zach will be in the other NFL - The Not For Long league.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/19/2023 at 9:04 PM, Augustiniak said:

Me neither, since they still are all in with lord Aaron and would rather give him a good wr to work with rather than a qb who doesn’t help him.  

That said, they need to take one on day 2.  

If there was a really good prospect QB at our first pick if we could finally trade down and gain a haul we could get WR, oline, and even a QB prospect later on day 2 of the draft.

You draft the best player available.  I wouldn't reach for a QB, but if a franchise QB is available when we pick, you have to take him.   You don't get a shot at one very often.

I think it is ideal to Redshirt a QB and let him learn under Rodgers.

An average LT does not preclude you from being a solid contender.  An average QB does.

Plenty of deadwood to cut and provide cap space to fix the line and get a WR.  Need to get a GM who knows how to pick them.  Douglas has whiffed far too often.

Don't waste a high draft pick on a QB unless you have cracked the yet to be cracked code for identifying a QV worthy of a first round pick. The hit rate for even a decent QB taken in the first round is abysmal especially for the the guys taken near the top of the draft. If your gonna take a QB, you've got a better shot at it if you take a guy after #10. But, with the success of Brock Purdy and Sam Howell, and guys like Aiden O'connel and Will Levis supplanting Jimmy G and Ryan Tannelhill, respectively,  plus considering that Gardner Minshew is a better pro QB than half the guys on this list, the risk/reward of selecting a QB with a top 10 pick just is not there.

Here are all of the first round QB over the last 10 seasons.

Blake Bortles

Johnny Manziel

Teddy Bridgewater (#32 )

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota

Jared Goff

Carson Wentz

Patrick Mahomes (#10)

Deshaun Watson (#12)

Baker Mayfield

Sam Darnold

Josh Allen

Josh Rosen

Lamar Jackson (#32)

Kyler Murray

Daniel Jones

Dwayne Haskins

Joe Burrow

Tua Tagovailoa

Justin Herbert

Jordan Love (#26)

Trevor Lawrence

Zach Wilson

Trey Lance

Justin Fields

Mac Jones

Kenny Pickett

Bryce Young 

CJ Stroud

• 3 months later...

I'm bringing this sh*t back. We have the o-line, we have two great mentor QB's already, and we have the resources to go after our guy.

We shouldn't play it cute. Secure our next 15 years in this draft.

• Upvote 1