If AR doesn't get hurt, this team is 5-5, maybe 6-4

rbstern

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

We saw one series of Rodgers and he looked shot 

Holding the ball 5 seconds on a 2 second quick hit that was open 

Look at 2022 film he's been gunshy for a while 

Look at his performance in big games or playoffs he's never been more than a coin flip in big games 

Rodgers is washed. Done. He's better than Zach and Boyle but he's not elite anymore. 

Yeah, because one series means he was gonna be "shot" the whole season, lol. 

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I love when guys make up imaginary records saying things like “we’d be 6-4 if…” as if the teams we beat or lost to would’ve played the exact same way on both offense and defense as they did with Wilson at QB right?

I mean they would’ve definitely continue to load up the box, and would’ve certainly tried to run the clock with 10 point leads right?

Not to mention the 40yo QB (who broke down after 4 plays) would’ve definitely reverted back to his ‘21 self as if ‘22 never happened… because those things always work out for this team.

Exactly.

Fans like to make it an equation: if our record was ____ and we added _____, then add those together and here’s the result.

See it every year with the draft. “Our record last year was 7-10 but if we add our draft picks then that means we will be 11-6 this season”. Same with injuries. As if other teams don’t get new players from the draft or have key players sustain injuries. 

Football has too many variables and moving parts to make predictions with that methodology anyways. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

Look at his performance in big games or playoffs he's never been more than a coin flip in big games 

Rodgers is washed. Done. He's better than Zach and Boyle but he's not elite anymore. 

I tend to give him a pass because who knows what he was thinking on his first drive, and the blocking scheme was dumb. I don’t think he was washed to start the season. He may be washed now after this injury however 

I dont think fans realize just how much a qb influences things.  Its not just the play calling, but he calls out protections and gets everyone lined up and on the same page (thus limiting penalties).  Rogers is a master of tempo, and his ability to sense and make the right play on time is many levels beyond.

Every D coordinator in the league would instantly gameplan for him, and it would open up the entire running game.  So even if Rogers doesn't process like he used too, and doesn't throw or run like he used too, it doesn't matter as his ingame iq and ability is just so gamechanging compared to what we had. 

With the quality of this team, I think 7-3 for sure, maybe more.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

Seems like a reasonable sample size lol.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Hael said:

I dont think fans realize just how much a qb influences things.  Its not just the play calling, but he calls out protections and gets everyone lined up and on the same page (thus limiting penalties).  Rogers is a master of tempo, and his ability to sense and make the right play on time is many levels beyond.

Every D coordinator in the league would instantly gameplan for him, and it would open up the entire running game.  So even if Rogers doesn't process like he used too, and doesn't throw or run like he used too, it doesn't matter as his ingame iq and ability is just so gamechanging compared to what we had. 

With the quality of this team, I think 7-3 for sure, maybe more.

Do Jet fans really think the record would not be much better if Rogers was at QB......Besides knowing what the hell he is doing.......Do we really think the Jets would have so many 3 and outs?......Do we really think with Rogers we would have a historically low third down %?..........Do you really think with Rogers we would be a epic disaster in the RED ZONE?.....Do we really think Rogers would have a ration of 1 TD to 2 turnovers?...Lost quite a few close games which could have been wins with just a modicum of competence from the QB.....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

Do Jet fans really think the record would not be much better if Rogers was at QB......Besides knowing what the hell he is doing.......Do we really think the Jets would have so many 3 and outs?......Do we really think with Rogers we would have a historically low third down %?..........Do you really think with Rogers we would be a epic disaster in the RED ZONE?.....Do we really think Rogers would have a ration of 1 TD to 2 turnovers?...Lost quite a few close games which could have been wins with just a modicum of competence from the QB.....

AR8 is a HOF'er so there's no question he'd be a much better QB.  But I'm not sure if he'd have been able to stay healthy behind our OL.  And we still only have 1 WR.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

AR8 is a HOF'er so there's no question he'd be a much better QB.  But I'm not sure if he'd have been able to stay healthy behind our OL.  And we still only have 1 WR.

Yes but with each game being a few plays that can make all the difference between winning and losing hard to believe that Rogers would not mke a big difference........a 1 to 2 turnover ratio is not winning football from your QB.......