If AR doesn't get hurt, this team is 5-5, maybe 6-4

rbstern

9 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I guess you don’t think that going from the worst QB in Jets history to at worst a top 12 QB and first ballot hall of famer moves the needle at all?

I guess you think 40yo Rodgers isn’t old and past his HOF prime level years?
Your “top 12 at worst” guy was coming off a down year in ‘22 and lasted 4 plays before going down for the season. (that’s kinda like what a 40yo player does, no?)

6-4 at the least.......7-3 more likely......Finally today Saleh admitted what SOME of has known all along........Zach needs to learn how to play faster, directly from the coach.......This snails pace processing from the QB affects every facet of the offense.....The OL....The receiving core and even what plays can be called........For Christs sakes Zach has now been benched for CFL great Streveler and Tim Boyle........He hurts the entire offence with his slow reading of the field and poor field vision and late throwing open to receivers, enough!

Just now, Green Ghost said:

I guess you think 40yo Rodgers isn’t old and past his HOF prime. The guy I saw was coming off a down year and lasted 4 plays before going down for the season. (that’s kinda like what a 40yo player does, no?)

An old and past his prime Rodgers is still a top 12 QB and even if he was top 20 that is still a dramatic improvement and still result in a sizable difference in win total.

Freak injuries happen and unfortunately it nuked the Jets season - is AVT an old man after tearing his achilles? It’s not like Rodgers broke his hip running out of the tunnel…

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

An old and past his prime Rodgers is still a top 12 QB and even if he was top 20 that is still a dramatic improvement and still result in a sizable difference in win total.

Freak injuries happen and unfortunately it nuked the Jets season - is AVT an old man after tearing his achilles? It’s not like Rodgers broke his hip running out of the tunnel…

Whatever floats your boat Ry… enjoy your hypothetical scenarios. It’s a great thread.

I’m sticking with my Dan Marino 17-0 thing.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I mean it's safe to say that if Rodgers was healthy the team would be getting attacked on game day by flocks of geese armed with dildos or something. Team's just ******* cursed.

Not a curse.  The team is owned by the biggest dildo of them all... 

1 hour ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

Patriots, Chiefs, Raiders all wins. That’s a minimum of 7-3, I’d also say the Charger game wouldn’t have snowballed the way it did. They’re probably 8-2 with AR 

Jets are 6-4 if JD got just a “decent “ qb. We somehow won 4 games with the worst qb in NFL history. Testament to the great D. A average qb would love to play here. 

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I guess you think 40yo Rodgers isn’t old and past his HOF prime level years?
Your “top 12 at worst” guy was coming off a down year in ‘22 and lasted 4 plays before going down for the season. (that’s kinda like what a 40yo player does, no?)

There's been a bunch fo Achilles injuries this yr. I don't think that's an pld age thing. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Let me ask you a question Doc.

Is it possible that a 40yo trying to play professional football with a lingering calf injury might lead to a more serious injury to his lower leg?

You tell me. Did his Achilles pop because he’s old or he had a preexisting injury?

16 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

You tell me. Did his Achilles pop because he’s old or he had a preexisting injury?

I’m not someone who’s an expert on Achilles injuries like you apparently are, but I would assume that a 40yo body which has gone through the stress a professional athlete does playing college and pro football for over 20 seasons will be more prone to, and take longer to recoup from injury than that of a 25yo.
It also stands to reason that trying to play through a lower leg injury at that age could lead to a more severe one.

If he hadn't gotten hurt opening night it would have happened later on as the the OL got all banged up.

I watch the Swifties vs Iggles last night. The Swifties OL has been the same five guys since opening day. 

Amazing how we always seem to have alot of season ending or long term injuries year in and year out.

We don't know what could have been but I struggle to believe the team would be leading the division or easily holding a wildcard spot with Rodgers. The OL is banged up as hell and every play would have been a risk of a similar injury occurring. The receivers wouldn't suddenly be better at catching balls put in their hands or keeping it there once they catch it. Would running it up the middle through this OL over and over be so different? Would Rodgers be able to completely change a substantial number of plays at the line without creating harmful conflict? Can we say for sure the penalties happening at all the wrong moments wouldn't have happened?

IMO it's more likely these problems would have happened anyway but it would be less bad. Real risk here that Rodgers gets a bad taste in his mouth by the end of the season and either retires or limps through 2024 just to pick up the paychecks and split. 

2 hours ago, rbstern said:

And while that would be an important difference in the playoff hunt, it doesn't really change the outlook of the team.

Did you see the Dallas game, Week 2? Zach was running for his life and getting clobbered on every play. How does AR not die in that game? Rodgers needed a better OL than this to do anything. Way better.