Was CFP wrong for leaving out FSU?

3 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

As an FSU alumni and a HUGE FSU fan, I say absolutely. 

Whats the point of winning if it means nothing? If winning means nothing, why even play the games? 

And don't give me the bullsh*t that "they wouldn't have won in the playoffs". They've been saying that ever since Travis went down. How'd that pan out? 

You claimed the ACC was weak, so you added SEC games to our schedule. Well we beat both teams, one of which was an away game, the other at a neutral field. What else gives? 

Bullsh*t. No other way to put it 

Backup qbs win super bowls.  Nick foles, jeff hostetler etc.

The qb thing is a weak excuse.

• Upvote 4

Yup, really bad decision. Can you imagine if an NFL team won their division then suffered an injury to their starting QB and were stricken from the playoffs because the runner up would hypothetically offer a better game? That decision pretty much violates the entire rationale of the system in the first place. Disgraceful. And I don't care one whit about FSU.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

I get it though.  The other teams bring more eyeballs.  Its a money thing.

Too bad it has to be that way.

That's exactly what it is. No way they would leave out an SEC team. Funny enough it was always about how weak the ACC was. They put games in place to prove that and it backfires royally. 

They were wrong for a few reasons.

IF the QB injury was going to knock them back they should have been knocked back immediately out of the top 4, they weren't they kept them there for two more games and they kept winning then in final ranking they make the move.

They were also wrong in their reasoning, that being they want the 4 best teams.  If that was the case no way in the world is Georgia not one of the top 4.  They won like 48 games in a row and lost by 3 the last game.  Georgia imo would beat Michigan, Texas and Washington and would be a 50/50 game with Bama again.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Absolutely.  Its a joke.  They didnt lose a game.

Well yeah but neither did UCF for 2 straight seasons, but you didn’t see anyone suing over it nor did you see much of a national outcry.  Want to laugh at that and say “UCF didn’t play anyone”?  Cool.  But you’re just operating in a similar way the committee just did with FSU.  

I feel bad for Florida St, yes, but I also say this:  Welcome to the life of a non-P5, where getting screwed over happens on a near annual basis.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

It defeats the purpose of “power conferences” if you go undefeated and don’t make the playoff.

A 4-team playoff opened the door to five P5’s going undefeated but one getting left out.  Just saying.  

Either way at least one of the conferences was always going to get shut out of this thing under this silly format, regardless.  Glad it’s changing.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A 4-team playoff opened the door to five P5’s going undefeated but one getting left out.  Just saying.  

Either way at least one of the conferences was always going to get shut out of this thing under this silly format, regardless.  Glad it’s changing.  

Sure. But I still don’t get the rationale for Michigan just getting in vs FSU not. Michigan’s schedule was garbage.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Sure. But I still don’t get the rationale for Michigan just getting in vs FSU not. Michigan’s schedule was garbage.

So was Washington’s.  Yep.  If the committee exists to pick the “best 4” they failed.  Hence why I philosophical disagree with the premise.  It should be “most deserving”.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Michigan beat Ohio State, and there's nobody in the ACC on FSU's schedule that could point to that's that good. Understand why FSU is mad, But let's revisit this after FSU plays Georgia in the Orange Bowl. 

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

As a person with eyes who watches cfb, no 

Don't make me watch Michigan beat fsu 70 - 7 on national TV 

Oh well it's not fair? Life isn't fair. 

Yep.  P5/major conference schools are so used to getting their way they act like children when they don’t.

Hell, in basketball my UNCW Seahawks went to Rupp Arena and beat # 12 Kentucky a couple weeks ago, who paid our program $90K for the privilege.

Calipari’s solution?  Change out the court, lol.  Because of course…

IMG_7602.png

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

**** FSU.  The ******* ncaa men’s basketball tournament had to add play in games for the 65th team that whined about being left out.  65th!!!!

Tough sh*t. 

There’s 68 teams in the tourney now, so # 69 (giggity) is the whining one, lol.  

Major conference teams run everything and cry when it doesn’t go their way once in a blue moon.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Michigan beat Ohio State, and there's nobody in the ACC on FSU's schedule that could point to that's that good. Understand why FSU is mad, But let's revisit this after FSU plays Georgia in the Orange Bowl. 

Eh, if FSU gets hammered my guess is the narrative will be because they “don’t care” after not making the playoff.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

On this one he’s not wrong.  

Nah. It's bs. P5 team goes undefeated, wins their conference and gets left out so the yokels,  front runners, and garbage media can stack more SEC teams in. 

It renders actually winning on the field as meaningless. 

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nah. It's bs. P5 team goes undefeated, wins their conference and gets left out so the yokels,  front runners, and garbage media can stack more SEC teams in. 

It renders actually winning on the field as meaningless. 

UCF went undefeated for 2 straight seasons and got nothing out of it.

Again….i have sympathy for FSU.  I do.  They did get screwed.  But they should whine to their conference, not the legal system.  The ACC agreed to a system where 4 playoff teams get in when there are 5 power conferences.  They all agreed to a system where at least one conference got screwed every year. 

The system is indeed broken and stupid but the ACC agreed to it like everyone else and left it all up to a dumb drunken committee. 

• Sympathy 1

UCF went undefeated for 2 straight seasons and got nothing out of it.

Again….i have sympathy for FSU.  I do.  They did get screwed.  But they should whine to their conference, not the legal system.  The ACC agreed to a system where 4 playoff teams get in when there are 5 power conferences.  They all agreed to a system where at least one conference got screwed every year. 

You keep referencing this like it means something, brother. Prior to 2023, UCF played in the SunBelt and then AAC, which are not even close to being Power 5 Conferences. 

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You keep referencing this like it means something, brother. Prior to 2023, UCF played in the SunBelt and then AAC, which are not even close to being Power 5 Conferences. 

And?  They won all their games for 2 years.  They got screwed for playing weak competition and not winning by enough.  Sounds exactly what FSU got left out for, no?

P5 membership gives you no birthright to a playoff berth in an NCAA (not P5) playoff even when you go undefeated.  The committee just proved that with their decision, and it’s not getting overturned.  And it’s, once again, a system the ACC agreed to.  

And?  They won all their games for 2 years.  They got screwed for playing weak competition and not winning by enough.  Sounds exactly what FSU got left out for, no?  P5 membership gives you no birthright to a playoff berth.  The committee just proved that with their decision, and it’s not getting overturned.  

So just give the SEC a playoff. They invalidated their own playoff system with their decision. I don't understand how that's not comprehensible to you.

You're smarter than this! 😆 

Just tired of everyone ball washing the SEC and OSUs.

I'm happy Army got the CIC Trophy, but FSU got jobbed big time.