Zach’s mom gives an update

Rhg1084

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It's no more ridiculous than fans on a message board bitching about it. 

I’m bitching about it because anyone in the locker room would be put off by this. Just like if someone’s mom came into the office to complain to the boss.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

And we can say it looks ridiculous for an adult having their mom fight their work battles. She’s doing him zero favors. 

Exactly. 

In all my years as a fan, I cannot ever recall another QB's Mommy who felt such a huge need for attention/to publicly represent their son unofficially like this.   

We've had a few Mom-Agents I can recall, none of which ever seemed to work out that great (Lamar maybe the exception), but nothing like this social media thing Zach's Mom is doing.  

Frankly, I think less of Zach after she posted this than I did before hand.  I didn't think he quit, and I thought he was legit hurt, albeit (as usual) the way the Jets communicated it (dehydration ffs?) was bollocks.  

But now?  Now I think maybe he did quit.  Me think the lady doth protest too much.

I cannot wait till this QB is off our roster.  I keep saying it, we should expect much better as fans than this dramafest of poor QB play.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’m bitching about it because anyone in the locker room would be putt off by this. 

The locker room gave up before she put up the tweet. 

FYI ESPN apologized to Patrick Mahomes Mom who complained about them calling her son Pat on the air.  

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The locker room gave up before she put up the tweet. 

FYI ESPN apologized to Patrick Mahomes Mom who complained about them calling her son Pat on the air.  

The quarterbacks mom can’t be giving rogue health updates for a professional organization from the other side of the country. if Zach were a boxer or tennis player fine. But in a team sport it’s ridiculous. Mom is an attention seeking brat. They don’t even go to the games. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Why is Zach treated like he’s a charity case? He’s a pro football player. Are people really flagging posts critical of the quarterback?

No I was talking about the hate speech against women. People being animals describing vile against they want to do against his Mom.

The posts were terrible and we cleaned them up as soon as we saw them.

But others blasted the mod team.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

No I was talking about the hate speech against women. People being animals describing vile against they want to do against his Mom.

There should be a pretty obvious "bright white line" in terms of this topic folks shouldn't cross. Keep things on-topic ffs people.

As for Mod bashing, f'um.  They can go post somewhere else if they don't like it.  You got more important stuff to worry about Phil.

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The quarterbacks mom can’t be giving rogue health updates for a professional organization from the other side of the country. if Zach were a boxer or tennis player fine. But in a team sport it’s ridiculous. Mom is an attention seeking brat. They don’t even go to the games. 

Why because you say so.  She can and she did.    The Jets have been known to lie about players health and report on it to the press. 

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Exactly. 

In all my years as a fan, I cannot ever recall another QB's Mommy who felt such a huge need for attention/to publicly represent their son unofficially like this.   

We've had a few Mom-Agents I can recall, none of which ever seemed to work out that great (Lamar maybe the exception), but nothing like this social media thing Zach's Mom is doing.  

Frankly, I think less of Zach after she posted this than I did before hand.  I didn't think he quit, and I thought he was legit hurt, albeit (as usual) the way the Jets communicated it (dehydration ffs?) was bollocks.  

But now?  Now I think maybe he did quit.  Me think the lady doth protest too much.

I cannot wait till this QB is off our roster.  I keep saying it, we should expect much better as fans than this dramafest of poor QB play.

Where in a new era.  Get used to it. 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Ah. Thanks for clarifying 

Old men are predictably going to shake their canes, but this is the new reality in a world largely influenced by social media.

Zach's mom can go on social media and say anything she wants.  If she didn't have any followers, nobody would notice or care.  This is embarrassing to Zach in a "Mom, you shouldn't talk about me or my career to the public on social media" kind of way.  But other than that, it's a nothingburger.  And we are most definitely going to see more and more of this type of stuff over the next years and decades.

12 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Old men are predictably going to shake their canes, but this is the new reality in a world largely influenced by social media.

Zach's mom can go on social media and say anything she wants.  If she didn't have any followers, nobody would notice or care.  This is embarrassing to Zach in a "Mom, you shouldn't talk about me or my career to the public on social media" kind of way.  But other than that, it's a nothingburger.  And we are most definitely going to see more and more of this type of stuff over the next years and decades.

Having “mommy” fighting his battles for him isn’t a good look.

Not his “fault” (he can’t control what she does) but in fact, it’s really bad.

How do you expect to lead a locker room of grown men when stuff like this gets out there?

I’m not offended by it, but she isn’t doing her son any favors.  Zach should tell her to pipe down. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

How do you expect to lead a locker room of grown men when stuff like this gets out there?

I’m not offended by it, but she isn’t doing her son any favors.  Zach should tell her to pipe down. 

I tend to think the new age won’t be adults having their attention seeking moms fight their battles. That’s not gonna go very far. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Is there another player in pro sports whose mom feels the need to continually interject herself into the conversation?

I mean I wouldn’t be able to pick Sam Darnold’s parents out of a lineup if you gave me 10 tries.

Quick google search.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tee-higgins-mom-vulgarly-snaps-back-critics-social-media

https://justwomenssports.com/reads/lsu-womens-basketball-social-media-drama-angel-reese-alexis-morris-2023/

https://www.si.com/college/2023/12/07/trevor-etienne-mom-defends-florida-running-back-decision-enter-transfer-portal

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Is there another player in pro sports whose mom feels the need to continually interject herself into the conversation?

I mean I wouldn’t be able to pick Sam Darnold’s parents out of a lineup if you gave me 10 tries.

We will probably see it more as younger players who's Mom's have grown up in the social media era join the league.

Others have said she is not doing him any favors especially since he has struggled for 3 years but I would guess she also struggles personally with the I have to be seen and heard on social media so this is how she defends her son or any other discussions she has.

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Like I said, it's definitely embarrassing for Zach.  Other than that, it's pretty much a "nothing to see here" situation.

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

It's no more ridiculous than fans on a message board bitching about it. 

It’s worse that people are b*tching about us laughing at Zach for letting his Mom fight his battles.  People are apparently reporting posts over it, lol.  

The Zach Wilson era is the most ridiculous in Jets/JN history and that’s saying something.  

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Simply - you win. You win and all this other nonsense gets ignored. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is the equivalent of a parent emailing their kid's college professor about a grade on a paper, only in this instance the kid is ******* 24 years old.

It's not at all equivalent.  The Jets put out a fake injury report to the broadcast.  The Jets lie about injuries all the time.   Every kid in college gets an A on their paper.  If they don't they will make up stuff about the professor on the internet and get them fired. 

• Sympathy 1

Did she like tag the Jets or people in sports media to try to make this some interjection in his career? From this tweet it looks like she's responding to people in her own orbit asking about her son and other people are getting this and reposting it. She's not the one making this big deal out of it. 

If we're going to be upset about this, I guess you need to be upset about the Kelces having their mom in a commercial. That's way more of a national interjection of a parent into her kids' careers.

Or maybe we could just acknowledge that some parents care about their kids and share what matters to them on social media?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Or maybe we could just acknowledge that some parents care about their kids and share what matters to them on social media?

You’re not doing your adult kids any favors by publicly commenting on their careers. You’re automatically seen as a pariah especially in a lockeroom.