Tommy aka Danny Cutlets and his agent live up to appearances....

Beerfish

16 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I grew up pouring gravy on my macaroni. My family always called it gravy. It’s non-paisons like many of you that call it sauce.

I’m with you brother

dont take any sh-t from these animals😀

By the way when did it become pasta?

long and thin it is spaghetti.

everything else was macaroni

9 hours ago, Trotter said:

I’m with you brother

On 12/21/2023 at 10:05 PM, JetsFanatic said:

I grew up pouring gravy on my macaroni. My family always called it gravy. It’s non-paisons like many of you that call it sauce.

I can one-up you both.  I refer to "steak sauce" as "steak gravy".

Ahmad "A1 Gravy, Sweet Feet" Gardner

• Upvote 2

The desperate rush to cash in continues!  How long until people are sick of this guy?

https://nypost.com/2023/12/22/sports/tommy-devito-partners-with-raos-as-off-field-brand-takes-shape/

Tommy DeVito partners with Rao’s as Giants QB’s off-field brand takes shape

Tommy Cutlets is officially getting saucy

On Friday, Giants quarterback Tommy DeVito announced a partnership with Rao’s Homemade Sauce as the go-to ingredient for his family’s well known cutlets recipe.

“Rao’s Homemade, the official sauce of Tommy Cutlets,” DeVito says in a new paid partnership Instagram reel with the company while cooking in the kitchen with his mom, Alexandra. “Rao’s Homemade ingredients are simple. The cooking process is authentic and slow simmered over open kettles. Old Italian tomatoes, fresh garlic, basil, and onion in each bite.”

Alexandra then takes viewers through her recipe: chicken breasts, sliced in half and pounded thin, added to an egg wash with a teaspoon of parmesan, coated in Italian seasoned breadcrumbs before being fried until golden brown.

The finishing touch? A scoop of Rao’s with grated parmesan on top.

“Rao’s Homemade is a staple in the DeVito family,” Alexandra said. “It’s been a wild few weeks and now we’re able to enjoy our family together and enjoy Rao’s Homemade.”

Tommy DeVito and his mother, Alexandra, make their signature cutlet recipe together in partnership with Rao's Homemade.
Tommy DeVito and his mother, Alexandra, make their signature cutlet recipe together in partnership with Rao’s Homemade.
Instagram @tommydevito
Tommy DeVito and his mom, Alexandra, pose with Rao's Homemade.
Tommy DeVito and his mom, Alexandra, pose with Rao’s Homemade.
Instagram @tommydevito
Well, almost. The QB, who famously still lives at home with his parents, spills some sauce onto his lap.

“Oh, don’t worry, Tommy,” Alexandra tells him. “I’ll do your laundry tomorrow.”

It’s the first known endorsement for DeVito, who is making an effort to cash in on his newfound popularity after taking over the Giants’ starting quarterback job from his previous third-string role.

image.thumb.png.ea7f1709e138bd3ae4bce33a82feac6d.png

His TD LLC filed trademarks for “Tommy Cutlets” and “Passing Paisano” on Dec. 19 where the Tommy Cutlets trademark will be used for cutlets, chicken, pasta, pizza, tomato sauce, clothing, and more, while the Passing Paisano trademark will include decals, clothing, football equipment, live appearances, etc.

DeVito’s celebratory hand gesture made during games, as well as his passion for his Italian heritage, has further connected him to fans, and he has made it apparent that he wants to be able to take this more nationally.

He’s even gone so far as to hire a marketing agent — Maxx Lepselter — after his player agent Sean Stellato got them in hot water over the reported doubling of the fee for an appearance at a New Jersey pizzeria.

Giants quarterback Tommy DeVito #15, celebrates with offensive tackle Andrew Thomas #78, guard Justin Pugh #67,
Tommy DeVito now has an official sauce to go with his signature celebration.
Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post
What do you think? Post a comment.
DeVito did do the appearance and Stellato served up a mea culpa.

“There was obviously a miscommunication, and if I caused that, then I apologize,” Stellato said during his Fox Network appearance this week. “That wasn’t my intention. Like I said, we’re focused on playing football.”

DeVito will have to turn his attention back to the field on Christmas Day when he leads the Giants into Philadelphia — where they haven’t won in nine tries — to face the Eagles, who are looking to sew up the NFC’s No. 2 seed.

6 hours ago, Trotter said:

I’m with you brother

You make a great point about pasta and macaroni. In my entire life, nobody in my family has ever used the term pasta. It’s either macaroni, or “we’re having cavatellis ( or rigatoni, ziti, whatever)  Yet when I post here I always hesitate to say macaroni… why is that? 🤷‍♂️

@JetsFanatic you’re one of my favorites here but the sauce/gravy thing is a battle you can’t win. I’m 100% Italian and as far as I’m concerned sauce goes on macaroni, gravy goes on turkey or roast beef. 😉

I know you’re gonna come back and talk about your “Sunday gravy” but spare me… I grew up in a house where we put some combination of or all of pork, meatballs, sausage, bracciole, and steak into almost every sauce we made. (notice I said sauce there?) We never called it Sunday anything…. It was sauce. We came home from church, broke off a piece of bread dipped it in, and if mom wasn’t looking, grabbed a meatball too.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You make a great point about pasta and macaroni. In my entire life, nobody in my family has ever used the term pasta. It’s either macaroni, or “we’re having cavatellis ( or rigatoni, ziti, whatever)  Yet when I post here I always hesitate to say macaroni… why is that? 🤷‍♂️

@JetsFanatic you’re one of my favorites here but the sauce/gravy thing is a battle you can’t win. I’m 100% Italian and as far as I’m concerned sauce goes on macaroni, gravy goes on turkey or roast beef. 😉

I know you’re gonna come back and talk about your “Sunday gravy” but spare me… I grew up in a house where we put some combination of or all of pork, meatballs, sausage, bracciole, and steak into almost every sauce we made. (notice I said sauce there?) We never called it Sunday anything…. It was sauce. We came home from church, broke off a piece of bread dipped it in, and if mom wasn’t looking, grabbed a meatball too.

I was born in Brooklyn then my family moved to Long Island when I  was in first grade.

When I was young we had the big Sunday afternoon Italian feast including all the great food you mentioned in your post.  Sometimes on Sundays we’d go my Grandmothers in The Bronx (my father was from The Bronx, my Mom from Brooklyn ), she made the best meat balls. My Mother’s were  very good also. Anyway, in those days “sauce” was always referred to as gravy by my entire family including Aunts, Uncles and cousins.  We put gravy on our macaroni and meatballs or my Mom’s fabulous lasagna and bracciole, sausage etc . My mom even put pepperoni in her gravy (sauce) for flavoring. Anyway my family always called it gravy. I never even thought of calling it sauce. The first time I remember getting push back on the gravy vs sauce controversy was when I got older and would start hanging with friends.  I realized through conversation that whenever the topic of Italian food came up, they always said “sauce.” When I referred to sauce as gravy they looked at me like I had two heads. I honestly had no idea it was referred to as sauce.
Now in my older years I always call it sauce. However today’s sauce is the “gravy” of my youth.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I was born Brooklyn then my family moved to Long Island when I  was in first grade.

When I was a young we had the big Sunday afternoon Italian feast including all the great food you mentioned in your post.  Sometimes on Sundays we’d go my Grandmothers in The Bronx (my father was from The Bronx, my Mom from Brooklyn ), she made the best meat balls. My Mother’s were  very good also. Anyway, in those days “sauce” was always referred to as gravy by my entire family including Aunts, Uncles and cousins.  We put gravy on our macaroni and meatballs or my Mom’s fabulous lasagna and bracciole, sausage etc . My mom even put pepperoni in her gravy (sauce) for flavoring. Anyway my family always called it gravy. I never even thought of calling it sauce. The first time I remember getting push back on the gravy vs sauce controversy was when I got older and would start hanging with friends.  I realized through conversation that whenever the topic of Italian food came up, they always said “sauce.” When I referred to sauce as gravy they looked at me like I had two heads. I honestly had no idea it was referred to as sauce.
Now in my older years I always call it sauce. However today’s sauce is the “gravy” of my youth.

I love everything about that story.

We came from very similar background. My mom’s family came from Red Hook, (that’s where I was born) as was my dad’s but they moved to Bensonhurst. My family moved from Brooklyn to Long Island just before I started kindergarten.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We came from very similar background. My mom’s family came from Red Hook, (that’s where I was born) as was my dad’s but they moved to Bensonhurst. My family moved from Brooklyn to Long Island just before I started kindergarten.

BTW, like you I also no longer use the term “macaroni” I now call it pasta. However because I was speaking of the old days of gravy, macaroni came to mind.  BTW, also like you, we also said cavatellis or ziti etc. 

Thank you for bringing this topic up, it brings up great memories, I’m sure it does for you also.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

BTW, like you I also no longer use the term “macaroni” I now call it pasta. However because I was speaking of the old days of gravy, macaroni came to mind.  BTW, also like you, we also said cavatellis or ziti etc. 

Thank you for bringing this topic up, it brings up great memories, I’m sure it does for you also.

It does, and talks like this make me remember and like someone much more than hearing what they think about Mekhi Becton.😂

Merry Christmas!

• Upvote 1

My name ends in a vowel and I live in nj so your blanket stmt is not fully accurate
his agent fits the stereotype. The kid and his family - they are just enjoying a moment they prob never expected
regarding cosa nostra, they do not act or live a lifestyle that says look at me I’m connected
They lay low and do not bring attention to themselves
when they break that they end up on a sidewalk outside a steak house

In the sidewalk

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 12/23/2023 at 4:08 AM, Green Ghost said:

My dad was also from Red Hook.  Only non-Italian in the neighborhood 

• Haha 1