NFL MVP

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Tyreek Hill. Guys probably going to hit 2k receiving yards and is more important to his team than most of these guys.

CMC is worthy too.

They’ll probably give to a QB though.

The problem with non-QB mvp candidates is that QB is by far a more valuable position.

Miami looked just fine without Hill. 49ers would be fine without McCaffrey.

MVP should almost always go to a QB. OPOY is different. Give that to the guy who performs best relative to his position.

MVP: It’s Lamar for me. But won’t argue against Purdy

OPOY: It’s Hill for me. But won’t argue against McCaffrey

49 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Problem with Allen is he is also the reason they have lost 6 times. The playoff game last year suggests SF might not be that good without Purdy. You have to look back through a different lens.

I'm not going to advocate Allen as MVP because that would be too fan boyish of me and I don't want to be a Tony Romo. 

BUT it is interesting looking at a team like cincy who lose their superstar QB and some scrub comes in and keeps them winning. Now I'm not saying Burrow isn't great but as Biggs says, the Bills would struggle to win a game if Allen went down.

And I don't think he's responsible for 6 losses. The game against the Jets 100% but in several losses this year (Broncos, Pats, Eagles) he left the field at the end with his team in the lead and it was the defense that failed to hold. 

But obviously he has no chance at the MVP unless he plays lights out the final 3 weeks and doesn't throw a pick, which isn't going to happen. As much as I hate him, I'd give the award to Hill. Maybe CMC. Purdy gets a lot of flack for being a system QB but he's been playing at an insane level, though it doesn't help his cause when you see guys getting so wide open they can trip, fall over, stand up and still catch the pass for an uncontested TD

34 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The problem with non-QB mvp candidates is that QB is by far a more valuable position.

Miami looked just fine without Hill. 49ers would be fine without McCaffrey.

MVP should almost always go to a QB. OPOY is different. Give that to the guy who performs best relative to his position.

MVP: It’s Lamar for me. But won’t argue against Purdy

OPOY: It’s Hill for me. But won’t argue against McCaffrey

See, I just think this is totally wrong. Miami looked "just fine" without Tyreek because they were playing the Jets. If they lose Tyreek for the playoffs it would have huge ramifications.

9ers looked totally different without CMC earlier this year.

To each his own, but giving an above average QB the "MVP" award because he's the QB of an elite offense and not the best, most valuable player on that offense makes zero sense whatsoever. Tyreek and CMC are move valuable to their teams than Tua and Purdy.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

purdy throws 3 yard passes and his weapons take it 50 to 60 yards.  

Purdy, who was called "a game manager" by former league MVP Cam Newton last week, leads the NFL in the following metrics: yards per pass attempt (9.9), passing touchdowns (29), touchdown-to-interception ratio (29-7), passer rating (119.0) and expected points added/play among qualified quarterbacks (0.32). He is even on pace to break the NFL's all-time record for passing yards per attempt in a season among those who have thrown a minimum of 375 passes.

He's even selfless, saying McCaffrey should be the MVP. 

"I think Christian should be the MVP," Purdy said postgame Sunday, via KNBR. "I really do believe that. He does everything for us. Runs the ball well. Can catch the ball. He does everything, so in my eyes that's an MVP. I'm the guy that hands him the ball off and then turns back and watches what he does.

Hate to disagree with the MVP, but he's the clear-cut choice for me. 

16 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

See, I just think this is totally wrong. Miami looked "just fine" without Tyreek because they were playing the Jets. If they lose Tyreek for the playoffs it would have huge ramifications.

9ers looked totally different without CMC earlier this year.

To each his own, but giving an above average QB the "MVP" award because he's the QB of an elite offense and not the best, most valuable player on that offense makes zero sense whatsoever. Tyreek and CMC are move valuable to their teams than Tua and Purdy.

But the Jets defense has been good all year. They’ve made great QBs look average. The Jets suck because of the offense.

The last part is true though. It’s a difference of opinion. It doesnt make sense to you but does to me. In my view, Miami is still an elite offense without Hill. They wont be without Tua.

1 hour ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I'm not going to advocate Allen as MVP because that would be too fan boyish of me and I don't want to be a Tony Romo. 

BUT it is interesting looking at a team like cincy who lose their superstar QB and some scrub comes in and keeps them winning. Now I'm not saying Burrow isn't great but as Biggs says, the Bills would struggle to win a game if Allen went down.

And I don't think he's responsible for 6 losses. The game against the Jets 100% but in several losses this year (Broncos, Pats, Eagles) he left the field at the end with his team in the lead and it was the defense that failed to hold. 

But obviously he has no chance at the MVP unless he plays lights out the final 3 weeks and doesn't throw a pick, which isn't going to happen. As much as I hate him, I'd give the award to Hill. Maybe CMC. Purdy gets a lot of flack for being a system QB but he's been playing at an insane level, though it doesn't help his cause when you see guys getting so wide open they can trip, fall over, stand up and still catch the pass for an uncontested TD

Well the way the schedule lies it is quite possible Miami loses out and Buffalo wins out and Allen would have a good chance to win it

Should be CMac, for sure.  Just another kick to the Panthers while they're down.  What an absolute trainwreck of a year this has been for them.  
Trade your best players for draft picks ... then screw up the draft picks.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk