With the season drawing to a close how disappointed are you?

CSNY

Oddly I’m less disappointed now than I was the fourth play of the season. I honestly felt we had a shot to at least be competitive and looked forward to a fun season and belong relevant. But, it didn’t take long to slip into that Same Old Jets groove, like a comfy ugly Christmas sweater. At this point it’s just normal. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/25/2023 at 5:49 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Disappointed? 

When Rodgers went down on the 4th offensive play of the season the group text for our FF league blew up with people laughing at it. My response was pretty aggressive and violent (admittedly unreasonably) which resulted in me not only being booted from the league I've been in for the last 25 years but losing a couple of long time good friends. 

The next week there was an incident at the sports bar I watch a lot of the games at. A debate over Rodgers' legacy led to a heated argument, and before I knew it, I was part of an all-out brawl. End result? I'm now permanently banned from my favorite spot and so I watched the rest of the season from my couch.

Amidst all this, I was pretty depressed and tried to find some humor in my misfortune, so I started a blog. It was therapeutic until it wasn't - my employer didn't find it as funny. Yep, you guessed it. I got fired for airing my grievances a little too publicly. 

And just when I thought things couldn't get worse, my story became the highlight of a local comedian's stand-up routine. This probably sounds like a joke right now and I wish it was, but it is not. Now, I'm not just the talk of my social circle but also a viral joke on social media. Fame really isn't all it's cracked up to be, huh?

So, how disappointed am I? Let's just say if disappointment was an Olympic sport, I'd be bringing home the gold. Here's to hoping the next season is kinder to all of us, both on and off the field.

Barry, bro, try to take it easy, hate to hear this about any Jet fan or sports fan in general.

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah this is all time disappointing. I think I was more disappointed in 1999 because that team was stacked and I really felt the Super Bowl was there.

This team had question marks, all of which have been exposed. But it would have been nice to see how much Rodgers could have changed things. A bad Rodgers year would have put this team into the playoffs and beyond.

So probably the 2nd most disappointing season for me.

99 team was stacked but for me the Sack Exchange team was the most disappointing. There was no way David Woodley would have beaten that team if they played on a decent field and not that swamp   All I can say is FUCH YOU SHULA!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

Season ended when Rodgers tore his achilles. Every moment since then has been a waste of time, I've just been hoping for no catastrophic injuries, and competency from the coaching staff, and the young players still buying in. 0 for 3 on that front!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

To answer the original question you can't get disappointed when you don't have expectations 

The next time the Jets declare themselves to be super bowl contenders in May, wait for them to prove it on the field in September 

Then you’re not being positive. Bob loves being positive! See how it’s been working for him?

”Robert Saleh is a great coach”

-Tony Romo 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

99 team was stacked but for me the Sack Exchange team was the most disappointing. There was no way David Woodley would have beaten that team if they played on a decent field and not that swamp   All I can say is FUCH YOU SHULA!!!!! 

It made an entire generation of Jet fans hate him and the Dolphins. Brilliant coaching move though.

Who knew AJ Duhe was Aquaman?

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2023 at 6:49 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Disappointed? 

When Rodgers went down on the 4th offensive play of the season the group text for our FF league blew up with people laughing at it. My response was pretty aggressive and violent (admittedly unreasonably) which resulted in me not only being booted from the league I've been in for the last 25 years but losing a couple of long time good friends. 

The next week there was an incident at the sports bar I watch a lot of the games at. A debate over Rodgers' legacy led to a heated argument, and before I knew it, I was part of an all-out brawl. End result? I'm now permanently banned from my favorite spot and so I watched the rest of the season from my couch.

Amidst all this, I was pretty depressed and tried to find some humor in my misfortune, so I started a blog. It was therapeutic until it wasn't - my employer didn't find it as funny. Yep, you guessed it. I got fired for airing my grievances a little too publicly. 

And just when I thought things couldn't get worse, my story became the highlight of a local comedian's stand-up routine. This probably sounds like a joke right now and I wish it was, but it is not. Now, I'm not just the talk of my social circle but also a viral joke on social media. Fame really isn't all it's cracked up to be, huh?

So, how disappointed am I? Let's just say if disappointment was an Olympic sport, I'd be bringing home the gold. Here's to hoping the next season is kinder to all of us, both on and off the field.

Mixed Martial Arts Wow GIF by UFC