5 players Jets should target at #10

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I would say no position on O is off the table including QB. If someone like Bo Nix is available at 10, the Jets have to consider him or trading down a few spots to someone that needs to draft a QB. This is a very deep draft and a lot of these players mentioned in this thread will be available in the late teens. I have seen Bowers projected as late as 15. 

Bo nix is not a top 10 pick lmao

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Are you under the impression Douglas won't try to add anyone via FA or the Draft? On average 30% roster turnover each year in the NFL

It's not the amount of people you turnover. It's about the quality of the people you turnover.

My vote is Bowers, if the above are the options. Bowers is a game changer. Throw the bag at a guy like Adams in free agency and draft Bowers. Fix the line before and after the draft. Not a necessity to draft a tackle in the first round, especially with how good guys have been in the later rounds throughout the league 

• Upvote 1

I don't know the nuances that separate these OTs but i'm sure we're going to take one. maybe if they fall in love with a WR, but that seems certain to be addressed through FA -- we can't afford to go through growing pains with a guy like Odunze. I love him what he does to open up an offense, but he's not an every-down-and-distance player. Bowers is unique talent who carried the Georgia offense is worth every penny but the need at OT will be singular in focus

8 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

I have been questioning my opinion on 1st round OL recently. It used to be that they were easier to evaluate, and very safe first round picks, But I believe that they are becoming some of the riskiest and lowest value picks you can make in the first round:

1. College teams are not coaching OL in a way that aligns with the NFL game

2. As opposed to the time when we drafted Brick and Mangold, the OL schemes are much more complicated and require much more athleticism.  Far more difficult to project their performance in the NFL

3. OL are much bigger now and due to the additional requirements for them with so much zone and pulling the rate of injury for OL has skyrocketed.

I just think in general OL is just super risky now especially in the first round.

And especially for the Jets, we will be drafting the 3rd 4th or 4th best lineman. I used to ridicule McCoffee for saying he did not believe in drafting OL with premium picks. I am starting to think he is right. Let's face it, we have 2 first rounders and 2 3rd rounders invested in Becton and "can't miss" AVT and have next to nothing to show for it.

I think first rounders need to be either someone who handles the ball or someone that takes it away. OL and DL would not be valued as high for me in the first round any longer. QB WR EDGE CORNER

Completely off topic, but is that an Australian shepherd in your avatar?

23 hours ago, Maxman said:

Rome Odunze is going to make people say Marvin Harrison who?

(Just trying to sneak this one buy unnoticed on the .0024% chance it becomes a thing and I can bump it in a few years)

Odunze was 5-87 vs Michigan on Monday night. If they select him with overall 10 a big upgrade in skill position along with Garrett who btw was also an overall 10 selection in 2022. But if Jets trade for Davante they won't select him. And it's possible Garrett just gave up his no 17 Davante's number for 5 his number in college.