Pats and Belli part ways.

3 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Belichick's record with Tom Brady: 249-75 (.769)

Belichick's record without Tom Brady: 83-104 (.449).

Belichick's record in New England after Brady left as a free agent: 29-39 (.427)

Good luck to whichever team hires him next.

Brady's 3 seasons without BB.

37-20 (.649) including going 5-2 in the playoffs with 1 Super Bowl victory.

Best thing to happen to Brady's legacy was leaving New England. It's almost undebatable that he is the GOAT QB. He's up there with the greatest athletes regardless of sport. Only other player I've watched that was as great as Brady was Jordan. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Bring Bill Back Home!!!!!

jk, I think Belichick is overrated as hell and got exposed once Tom Brady left

Bill would be perfect for the HC of the NYJ.

Both him and the QB are motivated to win.  The D is in place.  He gives them two seasons.  After winning the 2026 Superbowl in A-A-Ron's and Brady's stomping grounds, both retire.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

Both him and the QB are motivated to win.  The D is in place.  He gives them two seasons.  After winning the 2026 Superbowl in A-A-Ron's and Brady's stomping grounds, both retire.

Plus BB would be motivated to stick it to Kraft after he fired him!

It'll never happen, of course.

I'd be really surprised if BB goes to Dallas. Plus McCarthy has done a better coaching job than Bill with Dallas over past few seasons. A key reason NEP has sucked the past few years lies with BB. He's been the their decision maker. Belichick reportedly is friends with JJ but he has to know Jerry is totally in charge. Also Parcells ended up at Dallas and does Bill want to follow Parcells. 

On 1/11/2024 at 8:29 PM, GreenFish said:

Best thing to happen to Brady's legacy was leaving New England. It's almost undebatable that he is the GOAT QB. He's up there with the greatest athletes regardless of sport. Only other player I've watched that was as great as Brady was Jordan. 

I get the statistic angle but I think Belichick is the best HC in the NFL. He is a cheater, and an absolute fraud as a GM but his coaching is brilliant.

On 1/12/2024 at 5:29 AM, GreenFish said:

The reason the patriots won was because Belichick is old school and made his players do additional jumping jacks and flutter kicks in practice.  The media told me so for 20 years.

• Haha 1

Reportedly he was interviewed on the owner's yacht. Also the Falcons Asst GM is Scott Pioli who worked in past with BB. You never know where negotiations can go and reasons they could break down. Look what happened the last time Bill was available with the Jets. But a good chance he goes to Falcons. 

4 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Good landing spot for him, the falcons already have very talented weapons on offense they just need a competent qb

Yeah, plus that chicken sh*t scumbag would be scrambling his way into a cupcake division to max out on his career wins total.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, plus that chicken sh*t scumbag would be scrambling his way into a cupcake division to max out on his career wins total.

It worked for 20 years.

This might be like Brady.  Yeah, he is the GOAT, but he is in his 40s.  His options are limited.

Does Washington want a short-term solution?  Probably not.  Philly has a good GM.  The Cowboys have Jerry.  Is Bill willing to give this up?  Wickersham's article states otherwise.

Bill is the GOAT of coaches.  He is 71.  He will be 72 before the draft.  Atlanta or Chargers, looking legitimacy scream the need for Bill.

The latest I heard about the Atlanta job is that Harbaugh has interviewed or will interview for it. So why interview both esp after BB already talked to owner. You'd think if it got that far he'd get the job. Unless they couldn't come to an agreement. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

The latest I heard about the Atlanta job is that Harbaugh has interviewed or will interview for it. So why interview both esp after BB already talked to owner. You'd think if it got that far he'd get the job. Unless they couldn't come to an agreement. 

Harbaugh interviewing for the Chargers and Flacons makes sense in that it puts the screws to Michigan after they dicked around with his contract.  Both jobs seem to be shooting low for Harbaugh if he wants back in the NFL.

It does not make sense with Belichick because it is known.  99% of New England was reasonably sure Belichick was going to get fired until Black Monday came and went with him still being employed.  Maybe, they have an agreement in place.  Arthur Blank still has to meet the intent of the Rooney Rule.

I put Belichick retires at 25%.  Probably high, but I wonder if he eventually gets to the point that getting the wins record would be nice.  What team owns the most wins in a season?  What teams have the most Superbowl titles?  I bet the latter is answered far easier than the former.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Harbaugh interviewing for the Chargers and Flacons makes sense in that it puts the screws to Michigan after they dicked around with his contract.  Both jobs seem to be shooting low for Harbaugh if he wants back in the NFL.

It does not make sense with Belichick because it is known.  99% of New England was reasonably sure Belichick was going to get fired until Black Monday came and went with him still being employed.  Maybe, they have an agreement in place.  Arthur Blank still has to meet the intent of the Rooney Rule.

I put Belichick retires at 25%.  Probably high, but I wonder if he eventually gets to the point that getting the wins record would be nice.  What team owns the most wins in a season?  What teams have the most Superbowl titles?  I bet the latter is answered far easier than the former.

I think the Falcons interviewed Steve Wilks and maybe another Afro American coach but that was window dressing. Just surprised after interviewing BB they would talk to Harbaugh. 

On 1/16/2024 at 10:53 AM, Rangers9 said:

Reportedly he was interviewed on the owner's yacht. Also the Falcons Asst GM is Scott Pioli who worked in past with BB. You never know where negotiations can go and reasons they could break down. Look what happened the last time Bill was available with the Jets. But a good chance he goes to Falcons. 

Yeah, just hide the damn napkins!

On 1/12/2024 at 9:09 AM, PFSIKH said:

No chance that happens. Bill would rather coach pee wee football or the ladies lingerie football league before coming here

13 hours ago, shawn306 said:

No chance that happens. Bill would rather coach pee wee football or the ladies lingerie football league before coming here

I know.  It would be awesome though.

22 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Interview Harbaugh to get BB to back off some power/control/$ demands 

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Senior Advisor to the HC? Is Woody consulting for the Pats?

This is the type of stuff that makes the whole "good owner" vs "bad owner" argument irrelevant. If you are lucky enough to hit on the right HC + QB .... you're a "good owner"

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is the type of stuff that makes the whole "good owner" vs "bad owner" argument irrelevant. If you are lucky enough to hit on the right HC + QB .... you're a "good owner"

I think Kraft is just getting old and his son is taking over the reigns. The HR lady is just a buffer for him to make the roster decisions without getting the blame. It’s wild they’re going from one guy in charge who spent 50 years coaching to a nepo baby and an attorney. Good for the Jets.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think Kraft is just getting old and his son is taking over the reigns. The HR lady is just a buffer for him to make the roster decisions without getting the blame. It’s wild they’re going from one guy in charge who spent 50 years coaching to a nepo baby and an attorney. Good for the Jets.`

This is also the same owner that overruled Bill Parcells on a draft pick (during his first year as owner), pissing him off to the point of leaving a Super Bowl team to flee for a division rival.

Then hires the Jets former head coach who wasn't ready to be a head coach and wasted away a Super Bowl roster in the late 90s.

Kraft clearly did right by hiring BB....but they both got lucky with Brady it's that simple. There is no magic owner skillset that Kraft has that made any of that happen.

The only things that a good owner really needs to do is:

• Hire the right people to run the football operations
  • Hold people accountable and have an actual standard of success
  • Stay out of the way

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I think Kraft is just getting old and his son is taking over the reigns. The HR lady is just a buffer for him to make the roster decisions without getting the blame. It’s wild they’re going from one guy in charge who spent 50 years coaching to a nepo baby and an attorney. Good for the Jets.

And that one guy in charge would still be in charge if he did not dork things up so badly.

The ashes of the dynasty are in Bill's hands.  It is not like the Belichick set-up was firing on all cylinders.  Will this new set-up work?  TBD.  

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is also the same owner that overruled Bill Parcells on a draft pick (during his first year as owner), pissing him off to the point of leaving a Super Bowl team to flee for a division rival.

Then hires the Jets former head coach who wasn't ready to be a head coach and wasted away a Super Bowl roster in the late 90s.

Kraft clearly did right by hiring BB....but they both got lucky with Brady it's that simple. There is no magic owner skillset that Kraft has that made any of that happen.

The only things that a good owner really needs to do is:

• Hire the right people to run the football operations
  • Hold people accountable and have an actual standard of success
  • Stay out of the way

I think the thing Kraft does well is learn from his mistakes.  He has admitted to making a mistake and getting in Par$ells way.  He has also admitted to not going with his gut of hiring Belichick and listening to other owners and hiring Carroll.  

He has stayed out of the way.  If he did not, Brady would have retired from Foxboro instead of Tampa.