Sauce & Quincy - 1st Team All-Pro

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

There isn’t a person alive who would want Stingley over Gardner, however. 

I loved Stingley as a prospect - the issue with him has always been durability. 

He only played in 9 games as a rookie and 11 this year. (That’s 14/34 = 41% of games missed in his pro career)

and college was even worse 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Somewhat true, and yet, I can’t help noting that Sauce is a lot better at covering WRs than Asante Samuel ever was. 

Asante was a ballhawk who got burned a lot, so that would be his take 

If you are not turning the ball over you are a guy. Like an edge rusher not getting sacks. The CB position itself isn’t overly deep either. The 90’s/early 2000’s was probably the peak.

Just now, Matt39 said:

If you are not turning the ball over you are a guy. Like an edge rusher not getting sacks. The CB position itself isn’t overly deep either. The 90’s/early 2000’s was probably the peak.

We fundamentally disagree 

edge rusher is all about sacks. 

corner is all about covering the guy in front of you or your side of the field. Revis was never a big INT guy, but he shutdown anyone you put him on in his prime. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I think the answer is in your post - you can’t win 1st team all pro when you miss 6 games (35% of the season)
Morstead completed 100% of his passes last season, he should have been All Pro at QB.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

That's it !!!  OK...  I wanted Joe At in the draft.  Been stumping for it since mid-season.  I changed my mind.  Now, I want...
KOOL-AID MCKINSTRY.   What a tandem he would make with Sauce... 
Can we get anything in trade for DJ Reed ???
Who was the CB that came out a few years back, Greedy Williams? We could have Greedy, Sauce and Kool-Aid in our defensive backfield.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Do you think some of that has to do w/ scheme?  Reed was the only corner w/ a pick but Reed/Sauce/Carter are widely considered the best corner group in the NFL, yet the Jets were 3rd in the NFL in INT's and 3rd overall in turnovers. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We fundamentally disagree 

edge rusher is all about sacks. 

corner is all about covering the guy in front of you or your side of the field. Revis was never a big INT guy, but he shutdown anyone you put him on in his prime. 

Revis during his second stint with the jets was just a guy. He was just a guy in Tampa too when they had him playing zone. Revis first four years with the Jets yeah, one of the best do ever do it.

All time guys like Deion, Woodson (both), early Revis, Aeneas Williams, Champ Bailey are the guys who I think transcend. I haven’t seen anything from Gardner yet to put him there. Even Tillman with his ability to force fumbles was crazy valuable. 

7 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Do you think some of that has to do w/ scheme?  Reed was the only corner w/ a pick but Reed/Sauce/Carter are widely considered the best corner group in the NFL, yet the Jets were 3rd in the NFL in INT's and 3rd overall in turnovers. 

It’s possible. And watching Tua/Dak dink and dunk was very annoying to watch and the Jets didn’t have an answer.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Revis during his second stint with the jets was just a guy. He was just a guy in Tampa too when they had him playing zone. Revis first four years with the Jets yeah, one of the best do ever do it.

All time guys like Deion, Woodson (both), early Revis, Aeneas Williams, Champ Bailey are the guys who I think transcend. I haven’t seen anything from Gardner yet to put him there. Even Tillman with his ability to force fumbles was crazy valuable. 

I wouldn’t put Sauce with early Revis (2008-2011) either (or with most of those other guys)

nobody was Deion.  

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I wouldn’t put Sauce with early Revis (2008-2011) either (or with most of those other guys)

nobody was Deion.  

I remember Everson Walls at the tail end but he had 18 interceptions over his first two seasons which is wild.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Saleh started Tim Boyle in back to back NFL games (including one on national TV) over Trevor Siemian and Zach Wilson. 

Yeah because Joe Douglas built the worst qb room in the league 

I'm not making excuses he just is what he is 

Don't get mad at a Toyota corolla because it can't tow 5000 pounds 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

too bad his job is to be head coach.  i doubt if saleh can spell offense if you spotted him the o-f-f-e-n-s-e in order.

If the Jets wanted an Andy Reid they would have pay for an Andy Reid 

The Jets pay glorified DC first Time hc money not Mike McCarthy money 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah because Joe Douglas built the worst qb room in the league 

I'm not making excuses he just is what he is 

Don't get mad at a Toyota corolla because it can't tow 5000 pounds 

that’s not a good reason to play the worst QB on your roster, and again, I’m not sure what this argument means - he’s the head coach. He’s responsible for the entire team, as is Joe Douglas. 

I’m not mad at Saleh for his shortcomings - I just want him replaced 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If the Jets wanted an Andy Reid they would have pay for an Andy Reid 

The Jets pay glorified DC first Time hc money not Mike McCarthy money 

This is a silly argument - was McVay the highest paid coach in the league when he was hired? Come to think of it . . .was Andy Reid the highest paid coach in the league when he got his first HC gig in Philly?

The fundamental problem isn’t that we hired a cheap coordinator with no HC experience - all successful head coaches had no experience at one time. The problem is that we hired the wrong coordinator. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This is a silly argument - was McVay the highest paid coach in the league when he was hired? Come to think of it . . .was Andy Reid the highest paid coach in the league when he got his first HC gig in Philly?

The fundamental problem isn’t that we hired a cheap coordinator with no HC experience - all successful head coaches had no experience at one time. The problem is that we hired the wrong coordinator. 

The issue then becomes who the right guy is.  Arthur smith is out at Atlanta, Staley is out at the chargers, little itty bitty joshy got launched by the raiders.  I think the jets really need to be looking for a guy with previous hc experience.  I wouldn’t mind seeing them get Vrabel or Flores.  I might even go for O’Brien.  Seems like there will be some good options available when they finally wise up.

25 minutes ago, rangerous said:

The issue then becomes who the right guy is.  Arthur smith is out at Atlanta, Staley is out at the chargers, little itty bitty joshy got launched by the raiders.  I think the jets really need to be looking for a guy with previous hc experience.  I wouldn’t mind seeing them get Vrabel or Flores.  I might even go for O’Brien.  Seems like there will be some good options available when they finally wise up.

Oh - I agree. I’d much prefer a coach with experience the next time around. 

but that’s because the Jets seem to be unable to pick the right first time guys. (Hence, the jets should go for “sure things” as much as possible.) however, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with hiring first time guys. The jets just don’t know how to pick them. 

5 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I've said it before, the one area this FO excels is Pro Player personnel. Quincy, Reed, Conklin, Tomlinson, Hardee, Moorestead, Zeurline and multiple UDFAs. There's a lot of contribution by players we didn't draft. 

Laken Tomlinson????   Whatt 

• Haha 1