~~~ Sunday Football Thread (1/21/2024) ~~~

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Had to look her up... adjust your prescription.

It’s about the whole package

she is a bit if a rebel and an I don’t give an f what you think type of girl

she plays for lsu and told Caitlin Clark to f up whe she was trash taliking her

now That is a princess

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Beyonce is America’s Queen.  Dolly Parton can be America’s grandma.  

F**k Taylor Swift.

Swift is in the stratosphere though.  For whatever reasons.  It really isn't close any more in many ways due to Kanye's insanity and somewhat Jay Z. But the growth, world-wide is continuing at a obscene pace.  And the NFL wants its slice of the Swift pie.

I really don't care.  I don't listen to Swift's music and I don't listen to Beyonce besides hearing the occasional wife's playlist, and Beyonce is solid musically.  I'm just fascinated by the prospects of corruption due to the NFL's lust for greed. Way too many coincidences for it not to be in consideration and discussed.  The late call vs the Bills was really disgusting.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Swift is in the stratosphere though.  For whatever reasons.  It really isn't close any more in many ways due to Kanye's insanity and somewhat Jay Z. But the growth, world-wide is continuing at a obscene pace.  And the NFL wants its slice of the Swift pie.

I really don't care.  I don't listen to Swift's music and I don't listen to Beyonce besides hearing the occasional wife's playlist, and Beyonce is solid musically.  I'm just fascinated by the prospects of corruption due to the NFL's lust for greed. Way too many coincidences for it not to be in consideration and discussed.  The late call vs the Bills was really disgusting.

Easy solution for the NFL. In return for all the free publicity, have her do the Super Bowl halftime show. If she refuses, just tell your business partners at the networks to stop putting her mug on the broadcast. 

39 minutes ago, Trotter said:

It’s about the whole package

she is a bit if a rebel and an I don’t give an f what you think type of girl

she plays for lsu and told Caitlin Clark to f up whe she was trash taliking her

now That is a princess

OK.

21 minutes ago, section314 said:

Easy solution for the NFL. In return for all the free publicity, have her do the Super Bowl halftime show. If she refuses, just tell your business partners at the networks to stop putting her mug on the broadcast. 

The NFL is getting tons of new female fans.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, section314 said:

Did you have any issue with them putting a drunk and shirtless Jason Kelce on the tv several times?

42 minutes ago, section314 said:

it's the other way around. It's not that the NFL is attracting anyone to Swift.  It's that Swift's romance with Kelce and presence at his games is attracting millions (no exaggeration) who have little to no interest in the NFL, but now they do.  NFL will milk this thing until the teat is dry.   

Ravens fans better hope the Ravens take a huge early lead because the last thing they want is anything that the refs can influence.  That late call was beyond disgusting. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

I thought that was stupid too.Once would have been fine. Swift has been every friggin week. Enough. 

It hasn’t though. She hasn’t been to every single game. And who cares? It doesn’t impact anything. Is it distracting you from hearing Tony Romo word vomit?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I honestly don’t know anyone who likes Taylor Swift’s music.

I have a pretty diverse group of friends across a few different generations. Half of which have kids ranging from elementary to high school.

Where do Swift fans live? Does anyone on here know someone who likes her music? Anyone?

She’s a mega star. So they are out there.

Edit: Quick Google search. 75% of her fanbase are suburban white millennial women.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, section314 said:

The Super Bowl halftime show is for washed up musicians.  Swift is in her prime.  The NFL wants her far more than she wants the NFL.  Just consider how many friggin social media followers Travis Kelce got because of Swift.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I honestly don’t know anyone who likes Taylor Swift’s music.

I have a pretty diverse group of friends across a few different generations. Half of which have kids ranging from elementary to high school.

Where do Swift fans live? Does anyone on here know someone who likes her music? Anyone?

She’s a mega star. So they are out there.

Edit: Quick Google search. 75% of her fanbase are suburban white millennial women.

So you’re saying her fans are the same ones who listen to BonJovi? Now it’s starting to make sense😎

4 hours ago, freestater said:

You sound like someone who's never been to their stadium. 

Can confirm that the crap that goes on, especially with their tailgating, is completely idiotic.  Bills games are notoriously disgusting and def not something you should take your kids to.  In general, one stark difference between Bills fans and Jets fans is a sense of entitlement.  Bills fans endured years of sucking and now that they have a good QB, the feeling here is that “it’s our time”.  That’s complete nonsense.  No team is entitled to anything.  You’ve gotta earn it with every game.  This is why I think their fans are so upset and pissed off.  Oh well, there’s alway next year which is all we have as Jets fans.  Not much entitlement going on with Jets fans.

• Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Beyonce is America’s Queen.  Dolly Parton can be America’s grandma.  

F**k Taylor Swift.

I’d pay good money for a long-form article detailing how you went from “Hey guys, check out this catchy new bop from Neon Trees!” to “Beyonce is America’s Queen, bitches.” 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Rochester Jets said:

Can confirm that the crap that goes on, especially with their tailgating, is completely idiotic.  Bills games are notoriously disgusting and def not something you should take your kids to.  In general, one stark difference between Bills fans and Jets fans is a sense of entitlement.  Bills fans endured years of sucking and now that they have a good QB, the feeling here is that “it’s our time”.  That’s complete nonsense.  No team is entitled to anything.  You’ve gotta earn it with every game.  This is why I think their fans are so upset and pissed off.  Oh well, there’s alway next year which is all we have as Jets fans.  Not much entitlement going on with Jets fans.

Went to the Chargers game, completely mixed big ass Tailgate of Jets and Bolts fans. Not one issue, everyone was chill af. 

Been to many games across the country,  in 8 NFL stadiums... never saw anything like that anywhere else. 

And of all of them, Miami has been the worst by far for me in terms of violent physical "interactions".