The WR Mecole Hardman the Jets dumped has the winning TD in the super Bowl

He was a good player last year on the Chiefs. I thought it was a good signing but he couldn't get a role with Jets and I think was even deactivated a few games. Kelsey after the game said he was happy for Hardman and one of his favorite teammates. 

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well actually they did won because they had hardman. He literally caught the game winning ball.

The jets lost because Hackett can't run an NFL offense and not really good.

You think that Hardman ran some special route that any other mediocre WR couldn't run? Mahomes looked left to draw attention away from Hardman. So no, they didn't win because of Hardman. 

He literally caught it, as opposed to figuratively catching it?

• Haha 1

We signed the fat guy from Seattle, who tore his Achilles to stop the run.

He performed his duty as badly as he did with 'Hawks who couldn't stop

a nose bleed on the ground in 2022. PFF stated Mike Pennel who the bald

fat dope who pretends to be a GM cut, said this-

On the 21 run plays where Pennel was on the field, the 49ers averaged -0.350 EPA per play, which would have been their lowest mark all season in a full game. 

Confirmed by Romo throughout the broadcast

5 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Maybe it's on scouting vs coaching. BUT, no team can have 11 superstars, day one hall of fame players filling out their roster. Heck, if teams have 2, MAYBE 3 superstars on offense, that's about it. The rest of the guys are 'jags' as you call them, but the coaching staff has to figure out how to use them and develop an offense that caters to their strengths. Andy Reid seemed to, with that 'jag' Hardman. It was Reid who drafted Hardman in 2019.

Maybe. And I agree in principle. But you are reaching. You are comparing Reid, one of the best coaches and offensive minds in the NFL + Mahomes, probably the best QB in the NFL and a guy who can buy time and get any receiver the ball once he buys enough time, which he is a master at doing. To what the Jets had this season, which was a player and personell mess. 

My point really isn't that Hardman is not a star. We know he's not. And I fully realize that good coaches find ways to maximize player potential.

BUT you are taking an extreme example. You're reaching putting the blame on Jets staff for not being able to find a role for Hardman. 

In other words, this isn't a case of NYJ coaching being awful (they were def. not good - btw). This is a case of Reid and Mahomes being the BEST at their craft and elevating guys like Hardman. THE BEST. And even still, he's noting special. He's an inconsistent depth player for them.  

39 minutes ago, PepPep said:

In other words, this isn't a case of NYJ coaching being awful (they were def. not good - btw). This is a case of Reid and Mahomes being the BEST at their craft and elevating guys like Hardman. THE BEST. And even still, he's noting special. He's an inconsistent depth player for them.  

I think that is his point.  You have a QB who knows how to buy himself a few extra seconds (which make ALL the difference in the NFL today), and a coach who knows how to utilize all his 'JAG' players to their maximum.  

2 hours ago, hmhertz said:

On the 21 run plays where Pennel was on the field, the 49ers averaged -0.350 EPA per play, which would have been their lowest mark all season in a full game. 

Pennel was basically on their practice squad until game day.  Al Woods was good before he got hurt, but go on with your bad self.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Great.  Now that I read it again there is another inaccuracy.  Douglas didn't cut Pennel.  Maccagnan declined his option after the season and he signed with the Pats.  I assume that was the fat dope you were talking about.

On 2/12/2024 at 10:54 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You think that Hardman ran some special route that any other mediocre WR couldn't run? Mahomes looked left to draw attention away from Hardman. So no, they didn't win because of Hardman. 

A lot to unpack in this small comment you made.

First an foremost you said hardman didn't win the game in your original comment, and i responded with he literally did (which you go on to admit). So I'm not sure why you are asking "literally" or "figuratively" as if you did not realize that was a direct answer to your ridiculous claim. Hardman did win the game, he literally caught the game winner. 

Then on to my point that you also missed, Hardman is a solid WR3/4 type of guy that you can count on and use effectively in a NFL quality system. You don't give him credit but the fact is that a lot of WR3/4 are not reliable nor would you bet the Superbowl on it. But Hardman is a proven guy and the fact that you see him catch the game winner weeks after being released from the Jets where he was not used effectively is just another reminder of how bad Hackett was. Hell I would be hesitant to trust Lazard to catch that ball honestly but that might be my disappointment from the season leaking over.  

That's it, pretty simple. For those following along at home that is 2 nothing on the scoreboard for the home team!

BornJetsFan1983 2 - The Nuufaaola 0 (much like all of our debates you lost again)

On 2/12/2024 at 8:46 AM, Biggs said:

He's not better than almost any backup in the league.  If he's every going to be anything he needs to sit at the end of the bench with a very good staff for at least a year or two.  Zach has tools and a tin head for pro-football.   He needs a ton of work to be barely competent. 

im not sure how you make that claim when you could see how much better he was throwing and making decision to throw after the KC game. Not more late or missed WR's he literally ran the system. It was  huge diff from last year or earlier in the season. 

No one wants to give him credit but he put it together end of last season enough to at least run a system. 

On 2/12/2024 at 1:54 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

he contributed 50% to winning play

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

A lot to unpack in this small comment you made.

First an foremost you said hardman didn't win the game in your original comment, and i responded with he literally did (which you go on to admit). So I'm not sure why you are asking "literally" or "figuratively" as if you did not realize that was a direct answer to your ridiculous claim. Hardman did win the game, he literally caught the game winner. 

Then on to my point that you also missed, Hardman is a solid WR3/4 type of guy that you can count on and use effectively in a NFL quality system. You don't give him credit but the fact is that a lot of WR3/4 are not reliable nor would you bet the Superbowl on it. But Hardman is a proven guy and the fact that you see him catch the game winner weeks after being released from the Jets where he was not used effectively is just another reminder of how bad Hackett was. Hell I would be hesitant to trust Lazard to catch that ball honestly but that might be my disappointment from the season leaking over.  

That's it, pretty simple. For those following along at home that is 2 nothing on the scoreboard for the home team!

BornJetsFan1983 2 - The Nuufaaola 0 (much like all of our debates you lost again)

I am undefeated in any "debate" between me and you. I smoked you to high heaven in the Berrios thread. How silly did you end up looking?

On 2/12/2024 at 1:53 PM, HighPitch said:

oh stop it

i knew this thread would exist. the guy sucks and at best is a jag. he was in the right place at the right time for an easy catch  you guys make it sound like zach just won the sb

Did you read the initial post?

It wasn't just about Hardman.