Just another reminder...

9 hours ago, sourceworx said:

...to all of you sh*!t-d!cks who rolled your eyes when I (and a few others) cursed the Jets for taking Jamal Adams over Patrick Mahomes in 2017, eat fat one. When you need a QB, you take a QB. You don't pick a motherf*cking safety.

F*ck Woody Johnson in his wrinkly-old, pasty-white, blinged out f*cking ass for hiring that worthless clump of shmegma Mike Maccagnan. 

banned ban GIF

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

He was done! Except for that Florida thing the next year. 

Brady in 3 seasons in Tampa 37 wins - 14643 yards 108 TDs - 33 INTs

Patriots' QBs in 4 seasons 29 wins - 13342 yards 71 TDs - 62 INTs

Angry He Man GIF

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, sourceworx said:

...to all of you sh*!t-d!cks who rolled your eyes when I (and a few others) cursed the Jets for taking Jamal Adams over Patrick Mahomes in 2017, eat fat one. When you need a QB, you take a QB. You don't pick a motherf*cking safety.

F*ck Woody Johnson in his wrinkly-old, pasty-white, blinged out f*cking ass for hiring that worthless clump of shmegma Mike Maccagnan. 

well said, well spoken 

Thank you Mel Kiper

• Haha 1

Even Mahomes’ greatness couldn’t overcome this franchise if he was drafted here. 
He would be on his second or third team by now because we would’ve broke him.  

Now, if he came as a fully developed player, he would instantly make us the favorites.  

• Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Sure you don't take a safety in the first round no doubt but it is revisionist history at its best to pretend you knew that mahomes was going to be and play at his level. It's a crap shoot and you are just as likely to get him or josh rosen in the first.

This bs about oh you should have listened to me blah blah blah.

I noticed you don't mention all your other first draft wishes and the bountiful bust you wanted that didn't work out.

Draft is a gamble plain and simple. Sure you should take premium positions only in the first to a degree, but you didn't and no one knew mahomes was going to be this good

End of story 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Even Mahomes’ greatness couldn’t overcome this franchise if he was drafted here. 

Now, if he came as a fully developed player, he would instantly make us the favorites.  

Much like hardman Hackett would not call good enough plays. Hell Zach Wilson who everyone is ready to pitch, came to life in KC and started executing the offense as intended toward the end of the season. And it was terrible. The offensive.system was terrible

Zach Wilson can play and does play QB as good as anyone. He runs the plays given and they suck ass. Feel bad for that kid.

Mahomes would have never made the playoffs as qn of this team last year. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Sure you don't take a safety in the first round no doubt but it is revisionist history at its best to pretend you knew that mahomes was going to be and play at his level. It's a crap shoot and you are just as likely to get him or josh rosen in the first.

I noticed you don't mention all your other first draft wishes and the bountiful bust you wanted that didn't work out.

Draft is a gamble plain and simple. Sure you should take premium positions only in the first to a degree, but you didn't and no one knew mahomes was going to be this good

End of story 

We have sucked at developing QBs for a long time... Our D develops players, I wish the O would do the same

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Much like hardman Hackett would not call good enough plays. Hell Zach Wilson who everyone is ready to pitch, came to life in KC and started executing the offense as intended toward the end of the season. And it was terrible. The offensive.system was terrible

Zach Wilson can play and does play QB as good as anyone. He runs the plays given and they suck ass. Feel bad for that kid.

Mahomes would have never made the playoffs as qn of this team last year. 

frustrated the missing GIF by STARZ

7 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He was more developed then any QB drafted ever.

Getting to sit a year was just a bonus.

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

End of story 

Is it revisionist history?

Go check the draft forum bud.

On 2/12/2024 at 10:37 AM, LSJF said:

We have sucked at developing QBs for a long time... Our D develops players, I wish the O would do the same

I hear you  for sure, but it did seem as wilson was doing enough at the end of the season to be capable. The problem seems to me at that point that system and plays he was asked to run were so terrible. ughh, it was terrible all around i guess

For this to be meaningful, you have to assume Mahomes achieves greatness without Andy Reid and the Chiefs.  He might have developed into a very different, less capable QB with another franchise. Jets or otherwise.

Baker Mayfield just put in a career year at the Bucs, who were supposed to be bad this year, and made the playoffs.

Geno Smith's rating at the Seahawks is 20+ points higher than any other place he's played.

Demario Davis became an All Pro linebacker for New Orleans.  

Quincy Williams became an All Pro linebacker for the Jets after being put on waivers by Jacksonville.

Lots of variables.  Coaching.  Development.  Player maturity at a specific time and place.  Environment.  Off field personal issues.  Even one mentor on a team (player or coach) can change a player's career trajectory.

If Moe Lewis doesn't put Bledsoe in the hospital, and the Pats win the Superbowl with Bledsoe, does Tom Brady move on to another franchise in a year or two, and never become what he became?  Entirely possible.

These are not linear equations and you can't assume anything about a player's career if you change the franchise, the people around him, or other important variables.