Why do most on this board not believe in Aaron Rodgers?

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Plus Jordan Love got the Packers to the 2nd round of the playoffs.  It made it seem that the Packers sold us a classic car that had been in a head on collussion and kept it off car fax.  

We were never passing up an opportunity to get a Hof QB and be legitimate super bowl contenders. He got hurt in a freak play

I still believe that we have a two year window to get a championship 

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Rodgers is without a doubt on the downside of his career, but he is still a capable QB who can run a competent offense. An older, but highly motivated Rodgers is going make defenses lose sleep. The time and effort he put into his rehab is all you need to know about where Rodgers' head is at. He could have taken his foot off the gas and stretched out his rehab until late into training camp. He was going to play if the Jets were in playoff contention. 

The jets are going to be brutal to play against with Rodgers and that defense. Douglas has to make sure the oline is awesome and get a wr2

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Miami's defense has a new system, literally no dline and an aging overrated Ramsey. I see the dolphins taking a step back although still being competitive. But not in the jets/bills class

My legitimate super bowl contenders are

KC

Cincinnati/ Buffalo/ Jets

What exactly does being in the "Jets class" mean?

I will remind you - this team has the longest playoff draught in professional sports. So when you say, "Jets class," I am unsure of what exactly you mean.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

What exactly does being in the "Jets class" mean?

I will remind you - this team has the longest playoff draught in professional sports. So when you say, "Jets class," I am unsure of what exactly you mean.

Having Aaron Rodgers with this defense puts the jets in the upper echelon of the AFC. That alone makes the jets a contender imo

3 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Miami's defense has a new system, literally no dline and an aging overrated Ramsey. I see the dolphins taking a step back although still being competitive. But not in the jets/bills class

KC

uhm, Miami outscored us 64-13 this past year. 

I'm gonna wait until I see what a healthy Aaron Rodgers looks like at age 40 before I bump us ahead of Miami. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

uhm, Miami outscored us 64-13 this past year. 

I'm gonna wait until I see what a healthy Aaron Rodgers looks like at age 40 before I bump us ahead of Miami. 

And none of that is relevant because the defense was eventually demoralized by the historically bad QB play. 

If the jets fix the oline and get a real number 2 wr they have zero weaknesses. 

I'll keep saying it, ppl have forgotten how great Rodgers was and even if he's not prime Rodgers, it's going to be exponentially harder to beat the jets given the defense combined with a good offense. 

The jets pass rush with an actual lead is scary as hell

On 2/21/2024 at 12:39 PM, Warfish said:

The best cure for negativity, pragmatism, cynicism and doubt is winning and on-field success.

So you think if the team wins 11 this year and goes to the division or conference then people will be predicting superbowl or deep playoff run the following year of AR is still playing? I have doubts. People will be saying he’s done etc is more likely 

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

So you think if the team wins 11 this year and goes to the division or conference then people will be predicting superbowl or deep playoff run the following year of AR is still playing? I have doubts. People will be saying he’s done etc is more likely 

The Jets have won 11 games or more in four of the last 64 seasons. Once every 16 years, this team somehow manages to win 11 games.

For context, the Chiefs have won 11+ games in 9 out of their last 11 seasons. The Bills have won 11+ in four of their last five seasons. The Steelers have won 11+ in four of their last ten seasons.

My son is four months old. Odds are that he'll be a licensed driver before the Jets see 11 wins again which once again proves that the NYJ are the worst organization in professional sports.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/21/2024 at 5:45 AM, Dunnie said:

I think most of us are cautiously optimistic, but realize coming off one of the worst possible injuries in football at 40 is extremely difficult and unlikely.

A few are tired and worn out waiting for something good to happen and are not looking forward to yet another lost season. Depressed ambivalence.

A couple are simply never happy and think they know how to fix everything ... Certainly more than the Jets front office. Rodgers isn't in their plan.

And last but in no way least, one to rule them all.dislikes Rodgers' personality so much that all light has fled his soul.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

great post

On 2/21/2024 at 7:14 AM, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t care if he was in his prime or the greatest QB of all time. NO ONE can overcome the internal struggle of being on the Jets. 

No one but Namath who was IMO, the greatest QB when he was in his prime.  

10 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Who knows, all depends on the details.  But winning -> positivity, not the other way around.

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2024 at 10:06 AM, Jetkwondo said:

Or simply put, the eternal, big divide between pessimists and optimists...  

After 55 years of being right I think the pessimists should at least get a plastic championship belt.

• Haha 4

On 2/21/2024 at 2:58 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Rodgers is without a doubt on the downside of his career, but he is still a capable QB who can run a competent offense. An older, but highly motivated Rodgers is going make defenses lose sleep. The time and effort he put into his rehab is all you need to know about where Rodgers' head is at. He could have taken his foot off the gas and stretched out his rehab until late into training camp. He was going to play if the Jets were in playoff contention. 

Loss of focus, intensity and motivation are all part of the aging process. Along with loss of balance, spatial awareness, lateral movement and reflexes.  

There are people in their 40s who work out like crazy, have rehabbed knees, shoulders and all kinds of injuries.  They are all in decline despite being highly motivated.

Your talking about elite athletes were fractions are the difference between great and done.  Rodgers is likely to show flashes of brilliance and look very old if he stays healthy.  The idea that he will play at a consistently high level for an NFL season is wishful thinking.  The Jets need a plan B.

On 2/21/2024 at 1:50 PM, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I'm not worried at all. I think the jets are going to challenge buffalo in a major way for the division. Rodgers with this defense, improved oline and weapons is simply going to be very difficult to beat. 

The jets have had the worst QB play in NFL history through the past three years. 

Pretty sure we can get to 11-12 wins if we draft well and fill a few holes. If we get lucky I can see 13 wins.

Ppl really forget how frickin awesome Rodgers is

My dream is The Jets vs Bills in the AFC championship. I want to see that game for me and my father. 

I watched the 2015 ESPN film Four Falls of Buffalo last night for the first time. It put a lot of things in perspective...

Buffalo's fans seem to be in the same loss of confidence mindset that they were going into the 4th SB run season while we Jet fans just repeated the let down of going through the 98 season. 

Seems both teams are now set up for ultimate greatness or total failure... Not sure what plays out, hope you get your dream! 

19 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

The Jets have won 11 games or more in four of the last 64 seasons. Once every 16 years, this team somehow manages to win 11 games.

For context, the Chiefs have won 11+ games in 9 out of their last 11 seasons. The Bills have won 11+ in four of their last five seasons. The Steelers have won 11+ in four of their last ten seasons.

My son is four months old. Odds are that he'll be a licensed driver before the Jets see 11 wins again which once again proves that the NYJ are the worst organization in professional sports.

He has a great shot to be in junior high when Woody dies.  

On 2/21/2024 at 3:37 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

My guess is that most people on the board have faith in Rodgers, but you see the same twelve people complain about him daily. 

I don't see people complain about him as much as recognize that he is 40.  Now with a major injury.  That is not how good teams are built. If we go 12-4 and make it to the AFC Champ game we are still a team without a QB.  I simply state, we have put in a plan that has only worked once before that I can remember (Brady/Bucs).

• Upvote 1

I don't see people complain about him as much as recognize that he is 40.  Now with a major injury.  That is not how good teams are built. If we go 12-4 and make it to the AFC Champ game we are still a team without a QB.  I simply state, we have put in a plan that has only worked once before that I can remember (Brady/Bucs).

Drafting first round QB's with a top 3 pick has been a much better plan. They should go back to that because I have seen that work for the Jets never.

6 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Drafting first round QB's with a top 3 pick has been a much better plan. They should go back to that because I have seen that work for the Jets never.

or passing Josh Allen, Mahomes, Watson  Wilson etc...  Jets have ZERO front office brains.

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

It’s a young roster that’s going to benefit tremendously just by Rodgers presence. 

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

That's what was supposed to happen last year...  but yes, what happens after this year??  

I like how you just craftily answered your own question. As  ...  =    will repeat what played out this past season.

IMO Rodgers off field presence, while rehabbing, helped keep the wheels from flying off when our D had every right to start grumbling and cash it in half way through the season. There's a lot of pressure on him now to deliver on that alone which I think he's mentally up for the challenge, just hope his body doesn't let him down again.

The biggest thing now is can Joe D put together a succession plan, safety net, not involving Zach,  to step in/ or for the near future, as you rightfully question. With that said I have a funny feeling we haven't seen the last of ZW.

On 2/21/2024 at 5:16 AM, Claymation said:

Because Jets fans like shiny new objects, cap space, draft picks and Jamal Adams.

None will get you to the AFC Championship game...but...winning the off season is what they want every year.

Everything you said applies to people that think getting Aaron Rodgers was smart and a good thing.

On 2/21/2024 at 10:54 AM, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

KC

How high are you and can I have some?

• Haha 3

Honestly why would the jets not be a legitimate contender with a healthy Rodgers?
If they fix the oline and get a legitimate wr2 where's the weakness?
Idk maybe I'm missing something 
'if they fix the OLine'. ... They have been trying to do this for 8 years.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Honestly why would the jets not be a legitimate contender with a healthy Rodgers?

If they fix the oline and get a legitimate wr2 where's the weakness?

Idk maybe I'm missing something 

Aaron Rodgers is going to be 41 years old coming off 2 injury riddled seasons. His last season playing he looked old.

We have no o line. There is no guarantee our defense will be as good next season. We have Garret Wilson and nothing else.

Jets are not even a top 10 team in their own conference, let alone the whole league.

You're obviously more optimistic than I am, so we shall see. I'd love to be wrong.

8 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

I like how you just craftily answered your own question. As  ...  =    will repeat what played out this past season.

IMO Rodgers off field presence, while rehabbing, helped keep the wheels from flying off when our D had every right to start grumbling and cash it in half way through the season. There's a lot of pressure on him now to deliver on that alone which I think he's mentally up for the challenge, just hope his body doesn't let him down again.

The biggest thing now is can Joe D put together a succession plan, safety net, not involving Zach,  to step in/ or for the near future, as you rightfully question. With that said I have a funny feeling we haven't seen the last of ZW.

I didn't say that...  let's assume with AR8 we win what 10 games?  11??  What happens the following year?  We trot out a 41 year old?

We still need a QB.  Something we have failed at for 50 years. I'm an NC State fan. I wanted Russel Wilson, imagine him with REX. We'd have won 2 SB's.   

• Upvote 1