Reacher season 2 was terrible

God reacher season 1 was great! Sure it had some moment that maybe we're not the best but overall a terrific season because it followed the best sellingbooks and stayed true to the author intent. Even keeping many of the small details.

Then we had season two fresh cast and a new story to tell a very eager audience. And it was crap.

Written as though it was done by people that make fun of the action genre in there free time as they sip wine and eat cheese crackers, no offense to those that do that as that can be really good, but these guy ruined the damn series .

These writers in holly wood at crap. The same thing happened to the Witcher. Just ruined it.

The kicker is that all the media and press and the actor himself out there like they created the next best thing since sliced bread. No self awareness.

I love action movies, 80 action being the peak and all the various movies and series since that follow that tradition.

I was very disappointed in the series as a whole. 

Anyone out there actually like it? At times it seemed like they were trying to make a parody of themselves and thought well we will just add some sex to it and shoot gun, hell with actual food story or writing

I didn’t mind it.  I’ve read all of the books and Reacher II tried to bring in some background.  The book was better.  Reacher was more clever about getting into the company’s compound and then getting on the helo.  So in this respect it wasn’t as good as Reacher I.  But at least Ritchson is far more convincing than Cruise was.

On 2/24/2024 at 12:48 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

God reacher season 1 was great! Sure it had some moment that maybe we're not the best but overall a terrific season because it followed the best sellingbooks and stayed true to the author intent. Even keeping many of the small details.

Then we had season two fresh cast and a new story to tell a very eager audience. And it was crap.

Written as though it was done by people that make fun of the action genre in there free time as they sip wine and eat cheese crackers, no offense to those that do that as that can be really good, but these guy ruined the damn series .

These writers in holly wood at crap. The same thing happened to the Witcher. Just ruined it.

The kicker is that all the media and press and the actor himself out there like they created the next best thing since sliced bread. No self awareness.

I love action movies, 80 action being the peak and all the various movies and series since that follow that tradition.

Anyone out there actually like it? At times it seemed like they were trying to make a parody of themselves and thought well we will just add some sex to it and shoot gun, hell with actual food story or writing

Reacher 1 & 2 are among the most popular shows over the past few years.  Sure there were flaws but overall quite enjoyable.  Go read the TV thread.  There's a whole bunch of discussion there.  No need for a new thread.

On 2/24/2024 at 11:48 AM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You will be happy to know they are already shooting season 3.  Michael Anthony Hall is the bad guy.

If only there was a thread in this forum to vent such things.  😉

I liked Season 1 better than Season 2.  There were some cringe worthy things in Season 2, but on the whole I enjoyed it.

• Upvote 2

On 2/24/2024 at 12:48 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Can you elaborate more on bad writers?

15 hours ago, Dcat said:

Reacher 1 & 2 are among the most popular shows over the past few years.  Sure there were flaws but overall quite enjoyable.  Go read the TV thread.  There's a whole bunch of discussion there.  No need for a new thread.

I created thread because this deserves its own post. Teacher season 2 was not that well received or liked. It was watched only on fumes of season 1 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Yes.

well people do like b rate cinema and tv series. And for what it is, it is fine. A second rate series with some bigger production value. crappy fight scenes and storytelling aside, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Its like Rambo4 sure I liked it but never got back to former glory. BUt hey there is a season 3 so it is possible!

On 2/26/2024 at 3:23 PM, JetPotato said:

Can you elaborate more on bad writers?

Any time they flashed back to the Army days, it was just bad tbh. It was like how an 8 year old might think soldiers talk and act. I nitpick movies and how they portrait day to day military (Former Soldier, so Yeah, I can be THAT guy 😆) but those scenes were awful. 

And the drug raid from the past and "We must protect the Colonels career, stand down" was just downright stupid.... and when they conduct the raid and kill 20 people, including active duty personnel on US soil and the Lt. Col. Gets mad so he SHUTS AN ENTIRE DETACHMENT DOWN... because they "disobeyed an order" and they all just, leave the Army? 😆 No problem with conducting a Seek and Destroy on an Army base, though... silly. As I said early in the show, they needed a competent Military Advisor, not what Chad and Ashley think the Army is or how it works...

I liked a lot of it as entertainment, but suddenly Reacher is indestructible... and the Helicopter Scene just.... broke any ability to suspend disbelief. It was like an Arnold movie from the 80s. Not Terminator, more like Raw Deal or Commando cheese-fest. 

And they killed off the best character for cheap emotional reasons imo.

Any time they flashed back to the Army days, it was just bad tbh. It was like how an 8 year old might think soldiers talk and act. I nitpick movies and how they portrait day to day military (Former Soldier, so Yeah, I can be THAT guy ) but those scenes were awful. 

And the drug raid from the past and "We must protect the Colonels career, stand down" was just downright stupid.... and when they conduct the raid and kill 20 people, including active duty personnel on US soil and the Lt. Col. Gets mad so he SHUTS AN ENTIRE DETACHMENT DOWN... because they "disobeyed an order" and they all just, leave the Army? No problem with conducting a Seek and Destroy on an Army base, though... silly. As I said early in the show, they needed a competent Military Advisor, not what Chad and Ashley think the Army is or how it works...

I liked a lot of it as entertainment, but suddenly Reacher is indestructible... and the Helicopter Scene just.... broke any ability to suspend disbelief. It was like an Arnold movie from the 80s. Not Terminator, more like Raw Deal or Commando cheese-fest. 

And they killed off the best character for cheap emotional reasons imo.
Dude, it's called fiction for a reason. What next? You want to tell us how Jason Bourne could never do all those things he did in the movies?

I was in aviation for 30 years and whenever I see a movie with a helicopter flying from the left seat it makes me laugh.

6 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Dude, it's called fiction for a reason. What next? You want to tell us how Jason Bourne could never do all those things he did in the movies? emoji28.png

I was in aviation for 30 years and whenever I see a movie with a helicopter flying from the left seat it makes me laugh.

Helicopter do not fly. They beat the air into submission. 

• Sympathy 1

On 2/26/2024 at 8:06 AM, Dcat said:

I don't think this board ever discourages posts or threads.  We only embarrass and taunt the posters.  Isn't that right? 

FWIW, I agree.  Season 1 seemed much better.  I said it in the other thread, but they make him too invincible too early and it just gets ridiculous.  I was literally about to stop watching it when the guy says the what do you want, helicopter line and that got me to stick with it.  

One bonus is that my 6 year old walked in at the end of the Let the Man Go through episode when they were playing the Soul Coughing song.  I turned it off quick because there were people getting tortured, but he had heard the song months before.  Three days later I hear him humming it and muttering you gotta take the elevator to the mezzanine...  OTOH, I doubt he knows what the mezzanine is.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/29/2024 at 10:57 AM, bicketybam said:

Dude, it's called fiction for a reason. What next? You want to tell us how Jason Bourne could never do all those things he did in the movies? emoji28.png

Dude are you comparing Reacher to Jason Bourne?  That's like comparing Derek Flint to James Bond.  One is fiction and one is plausable deniability.