Is pick 10 a spot teams will move up to?

If Atlanta acquires Justin Fields as it appears, they are then out on picking a QB which make make for an interesting situation with Denver, Vegas and Minnesota.

Either team could try to get up a big higher and trade with the Titans, but Im not sure Tennessee will want to move out of a spot where they can get a LT. 

Each of the 3 teams mentioned above will need a QB and all have a GM/HC that is not on the hot seat so they can afford to take a shot with a rookie, especially Denver which to me, presents an interesting opportunity for JD to make a move back and still get an OL while also picking up a 2nd round pick. 

After those 3 teams, there isnt really anyone looking at QB the 20s so if JJ improves his draft stock enough we could hold one of those teams hostage and force a trade up.

Lets hope these QBs start to move up boards this weekend

• Upvote 1

Tens probably not the best place considering there are possibly three blue chip tackles and four QBs.  The three other players could be the three wrs or bowers or a defensive player.  Are there any corners?  They can get into the top ten and even the fives.

It worked out okay for the Chiefs.  They traded up to 10 for Mahomes in 2017.  Did not work out so well for the Cardinals the next year when they moved up to 10 for Josh Rosen.

Best chance for a trade back is a guy like Nix or Penix is there at 10 and someone wants to go get him.

• Upvote 4

It would be nice if some team that wants to trade up higher than 10, trades up to 10 BEFORE the draft to have a more attractive trade down spot for when they make another move up. This is wishful thinking. 
The risk for us in that scenario is if a guy is still on the board at ten who you thought would certainly be gone. You want to have the trade lined up ahead of time but wait and see how it plays out on the day.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jamesr said:

The risk for us in that scenario is if a guy is still on the board at ten who you thought would certainly be gone. You want to have the trade lined up ahead of time but wait and see how it plays out on the day.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I get the risk but if trading down is the priority and they can secure some good/multiple top 100 pick compensation, it would be worth it. I’m just saying that may be the scenario that makes a team actually want to trade up without waiting until they are on the clock.

The other team may see that as a benefit is all to make their hypothetical path to trading up even higher more easily attainable from 10. I agree about missing out on a player dropping but I don’t think that’s realistic with how the Jets already knocked themselves out of a prime spot. With our luck, Joe Alt would magically drop to 10 in that scenario because Jets. 

12 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

highly unlikely we are trading down. we will pick fashanu or fuaga if fashanu isn't there. unless a guy like malik nabers somehow drops to 10 which isn't very likely

Just remember who our GM is. While this seems like the logical situation, we know they will **** it up. 

16 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

highly unlikely we are trading down. we will pick fashanu or fuaga if fashanu isn't there. unless a guy like malik nabers somehow drops to 10 which isn't very likely

Fashanu sure.

But picking a run-stuffing right tackle with the number 10 pick isn't going to move the needle much, in a must-win season. especially if we like AVT to fill that slot. 

I can see Douglas patching up the o-line in free agency, and identifying a weapon (Odunze/Bowers) in the first round. 

12 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Someone will be there at 10 someone else wants but the bigger question is, are the jets going to want to trade out of 10?  

For what they are being offered?  

Pat Kirwan always says don’t trade down farther than the number of players you would be happy taking. 

If you trade down hoping to still take the one player you like don’t do it. No guarantee that player will be there. And even if it’s just one spot. Teams rarely say who they are trading up to take. Kirwan said sometimes you can ask if it’s a D or O player. 

So if you trade down 8 places you better have 8 players you like or be willing and have a trade lined up to trade down further to the next set of players you like for the spot in the draft you have them ranked. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Fashanu sure.

But picking a run-stuffing right tackle with the number 10 pick isn't going to move the needle much, in a must-win season. especially if we like AVT to fill that slot. 

I can see Douglas patching up the o-line in free agency, and identifying a weapon (Odunze/Bowers) in the first round. 

This is exactly how I feel - if we are gonna wind up with a second tier OL, we need to at least get another pick out of it.

On top of that, I think that Tyler Guyton is a superior prospect to Fagua and offers the upside to eventually be a full time elite LT.  I just dont see the infatuation with a RT when its such a non-premium position.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BCJet said:

This is exactly how I feel - if we are gonna wind up with a second tier OL, we need to at least get another pick out of it.

On top of that, I think that Tyler Guyton is a superior prospect to Fagua and offers the upside to eventually be a full time elite LT.  I just dont see the infatuation with a RT when its such a non-premium position.  

I'm with you on Guyton. In an ideal world, we can find a trade partner, move down a little and he's our guy.

Fuaga feels a little 'safe' for Douglas. He loves the toolsy guys that have the higher upside. He had a lay-up pick for a right tackle in Wirfs, but couldn't stay away from Becton. 

I do think if Fashanu is there, we will take him, for the reasons above. But if he isn't I could see either a trade down or grabbing the offensive weapon.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

I’m in on Guyton too

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

Assuming Joe Alt is gone,  don't be surprised if the Jets pick JC Latham at #10.  I suspect he will be long gone by #15.

IMO, from past experience you will not know what teams will do on draft day. Most teams decide to move up or down in the draft because they need a particular player or fill a position and don't want certain team to get that player or position. 

If the Jets get an opportunity or an offer, they can't refuse to move down in the draft they should take it. 

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Assuming Joe Alt is gone,  don't be surprised if the Jets pick JC Latham at #10.  I suspect he will be long gone by #15.

i don't think latham will really even be on our board. he feels like the next becton 

3 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Fashanu sure.

he can pass block just fine, he is just an incredible run blocker. breece hall is our best player on offense and he had an amazing season with an oline that couldnt block for crap. imagine what he does with an oline that can block. breece hall having an incredible season will the best thing that can happen for aaron rodgers

fuaga gave up ZERO sacks in his entire college career. very few qb hits as well. if he can stay healthy he would be a great pick

23 hours ago, neckdemon said:

i don't think latham will really even be on our board. he feels like the next becton 

I was thinking the same thing, actually.  Some pundits think that Latham is right after Alt though.  After Alt, I am having a hard time figuring out who the best ones are.  I watched Alt at the Combine, and I am very impressed with him.  I think he will be an All-Pro for years to come.  After him, noone really stood out to me. Alt is a big man with no flabby fat as he was running around the field, but all muscle.  The guy is an imposing figure.