Vice President Rodgers? Jets QB Named as Potential RFK Running Mate

26 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think your point about 2024 is well taken, but a majority of Americans wanted him to resign by 2021:

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/579129-poll-majority-of-voters-say-fauci-should-resign/

Yeah that’s fair.  I bet there’s a huge swath of Americans who have no memory of him whatsoever (if they even knew who he was in the first place). 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

So, no evidence?  And yeah, I saw that. Is that going to be your next rebuttal to Rodgers touting rat**** conspiracy theories?  Or are we gonna stick with the border thing you started with? 

Are you going to tattle tail to the moderators again or was that a one time thing 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMG_5027.jpeg

While your post is hilarious, I think that's what most teams without a young FQB do from year-to-year.   While I'd love us to draft the QB of the future (my preference is Jayden Daniels), I think the top 4 QBs will be off the board by the time we pick anyway so it's not realistic (without a trade-up, which would be massively expensive).  And we still have a few young stars (e.g. GW, Breece, Sauce) on their 1st contracts so a gritty reset really wouldn't make sense right now.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

While your post is hilarious, I think that's what most teams without a young FQB do from year-to-year.   While I'd love us to draft the QB of the future (my preference is Jayden Daniels), I think the top 4 QBs will be off the board by the time we pick anyway so it's not realistic (without a trade-up, which would be massively expensive).  And we still have a few young stars (e.g. GW, Breece, Sauce) on their 1st contracts so a gritty reset really wouldn't make sense right now.

I’m bummed we lost the year with Rodgers because it feels like we’re down to a one year, all-or-nothing situation with a slapdash roster build and that usually doesn’t pay off because the degree of difficulty is too steep to navigate. If we had Rodgers last year, win ten games, identified a few holes that we’d be filling now, and go into 24 with a group that’s relatively familiar with each other, that’d be one thing. But now it’s got a Neil O’Donnell feeling to it where we’ve thrown a bunch of parts together and hope it makes a stew.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Why do this to me? Why threaten me with more Zach Wilson? What have I ever done to deserve this? 

We are two QB injuries away from be starting. Think about that.

• Ugh 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’m bummed we lost the year with Rodgers because it feels like we’re down to a one year, all-or-nothing situation with a slapdash roster build and that usually doesn’t pay off because the degree of difficulty is too steep to navigate. If we had Rodgers last year, win ten games, identified a few holes that we’d be filling now, and go into 24 with a group that’s relatively familiar with each other, that’d be one thing. But now it’s got a Neil O’Donnell feeling to it where we’ve thrown a bunch of parts together and hope it makes a stew.

The truth is that last year's team was in no way ready to seriously contend.  Our OL and WRs had major issues and I think AR8 would've gotten hurt at some point anyway.  Potentially it was a blessing in disguise that he got hurt because it saved us a #1 pick this year (GB got our #2) and we're drafting in the top 10.  This year is absolutely an "all in" year but I feel like we're already much better positioned to actually have a chance at a deep run if we can beat the odds and stay healthy (a very big ask).

I agree it's an incredibly high degree of difficulty to actually make this happen, but that's been the case since the day we made the trade.  The AFC is an absolutely brutal conference with a bunch of terrific young QBs.  Odds are very long against us but, at this point, I'd be psyched if we made the playoffs and had legit hope to go on a major run (even if we ended up losing in the 1st round).  The one thing about this franchise though is that I do feel like the rare times we make the playoffs we do tend to surprise in a good way (for a little while at least).   The 2 Rex teams that made AFC CGs both played over their heads, imo.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why do this to me? Why threaten me with more Zach Wilson? What have I ever done to deserve this? 

10 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

We are two QB injuries away from be starting. Think about that.

With AR8 and TT, I think there's a real possibility we'll need a capable QB3.  If we're unable to trade ZW, would either of you truly be upset if he was our QB3?  

Fwiw, I think it would be highly unlikely that he'll be back.  I just read he sold his house.  He's going to be traded (or released).

EDIT: Imo, ZW as our QB3 would be an absolute godsend for this franchise.  Look at the garbage he was given to work with last year.  Our OL already seems miles better.  And we're about to improve our WRs as well.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lol seems a bit strong. I would imagine most Americans don’t have a strong opinion about Anthony Fauci in March 2024. Would be interested (not really) to see your non-anecdotal evidence of this (in a reply that doesn’t include “MAYBE YOU SHOULD STEP OUT OF NYC FOR A MINUTE!!”)

Your probably right, except for people like me who trusted Fauci's recommendation and then spent 2 weeks in the hospital from an autoimmune reaction to it.  Basically what Rodgers was trying to avoid have happen to him.

• Sympathy 1