Vice President Rodgers? Jets QB Named as Potential RFK Running Mate

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t starting to sweat this a little bit.

I am not kidding: if this happens I’m going to seriously consider selling off my season tickets and ridding myself of this franchise for good.  Usually I make fun of the people who say this, but now I’m feeling similarly to them.

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

This is getting impossibly stupid.  Rodgers is going to lose a lot of people if he keeps letting this maniac use his name to rally his supporters. 

It was funny at first but now it's kinda getting  Twilight Zoney. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I am not kidding: if this happens I’m going to seriously consider selling off my season tickets and ridding myself of this franchise for good.  Usually I make fun of the people who say this, but now I’m feeling similarly to them.

Just treat the Jets as a never ending sketch comedy skit and you won’t feel let down. 

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2024 at 4:39 PM, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Don't be idiotic. She was a district attorney for many years, Attorney General of California, a U.S. Senator, and Vice President. She's a professional. ARod is a prancing pony with literally no experience in politics but he does podcasts and talk shows and hangs out with a lunatic Kennedy whose own family has disowned him as a complete crackpot. This will end well I'm sure.

You bring up a great point. But where has she ever said anything profound or sounded like someone with a gift for leadership? I just never experienced it

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Just treat the Jets as a never ending sketch comedy skit and you won’t feel let down. 

In this case, I’d prefer to treat them like a bad ex who won’t stop calling and cut them out of my life

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It does sorta feel "Peak Jets Farce" to me too.

4 plays, then a VP run, by the future HOF QB Savior?  Who could have predicted that at even our most cynical lol, lol, lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It would not bother me if they retained Wilson.  Money wise, it makes good sense and now they have Tyrod.  This could be the learning year for Wilson that they wanted to give him last year.  Wilson would also be the best # 3 QB you could have on most any roster.  He does not even have to stay active.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You sell them then the team rallies around such adversity and makes it to the Superbowl. Gooooooo Jets!

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

It would not bother me if they retained Wilson.  Money wise, it makes good sense and now they have Tyrod.  This could be the learning year for Wilson that they wanted to give him last year.  Wilson would also be the best # 3 QB you could have on most any roster.  He does not even have to stay active.  

I would rather step into the pit of a volcano than see the Jets keep Zach Wilson.

That dream is dead and buried in cement.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

i still think it is all good - i simply dont see rodgers walking away especially after injury to do this

Now if you said he was going to do both - in a Jets world that I can see

imagine the security lines getting into the stadium because he is a vp candidate?

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This franchise could destroy the will of even the most ardent fan out there.  JN can't even keep a captain for more than like 5 games.

• Haha 2

If this bullsh*t actually happens (and I’m still skeptical), I AM OUT.

for the rest of March. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

At this point, I wonder if it's best to just drop the Jets now.

We're a couple days into this now, and no word from Arod or the Jets.  That's not cool.

Why give time and money to an organization that makes you sweat things like this?

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It does sorta feel "Peak Jets Farce" to me too.

4 plays, then a VP run, by the future HOF QB Savior?  Who could have predicted that at even our most cynical lol, lol, lol.

Him getting hurt wasn't that outlandish. But him becoming a running mate for a guy who's more f*cked up in the head than his aunt Rosemary (and at least she had an excuse) is something that only happens to this team.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I would rather step into the pit of a volcano than see the Jets keep Zach Wilson.

That dream is dead and buried in cement.

LOLZ.  Reactionary thinking.  Wilson was not our problem last year.  Understandable that we hated the offense, but Wilson's portion was supposed to be student on the bench.  The disaster offense we saw was the result of a systemic management flaw.  No foresight given to Rodgers going down before his jockstrap got sweaty.  Hence, no back-up QB and no OC.  Remember... Hackett was just there to hold a clipboard for Rodgers.  Wilson got tossed out there because he was the only option.   He wound up being the visible tip of the iceberg that sunk the 2023 season and the recipient of fan backlash.  He also took an ass kicking like a man.  Let's give him some slack while being fiscally prudent.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

At this point, I wonder if it's best to just drop the Jets now.

We're a couple days into this now, and no word from Arod or the Jets.  That's not cool.

Why give time and money to an organization that makes you sweat things like this?

Aaron Rodgers never tore his achilles. He's been healthy all along. The tail is wagging the dog to distract us from something much bigger. Or maybe, this Pineapple Express is too strong for me. 

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

LOLZ.  Reactionary thinking.  Wilson was not our problem last year.  Understandable that we hated the offense, but Wilson's portion was supposed to be student on the bench.  The disaster offense we saw was the result of a systemic management flaw.  No foresight given to Rodgers going down before his jockstrap got sweaty.  Hence, no back-up QB and no OC.  Remember... Hackett was just there to hold a clipboard for Rodgers.  Wilson got tossed out there because he was the only option.   He wound up being the visible tip of the iceberg that sunk the 2023 season and the recipient of fan backlash.  He also took an ass kicking like a man.  Let's give him some slack while being fiscally prudent.  

We can check back in on this in a few years and see how Wilson works out, yeah?

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Aaron Rodgers never tore his achilles. He's been healthy all along. The tail is wagging the dog to distract us from something much bigger. Or maybe, this Pineapple Express is too strong for me. 

Yes. And that's not Joe Biden. It's an imposter! 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I'm not against that, but do you honestly want Hackett anywhere near a newly drafted young QB? 

Hackett always reminds me of that character in  the movie office space who is stressed out talking to the " consultants"... 

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

We can check back in on this in a few years and see how Wilson works out, yeah?

good plan.  but he really doesn't have to work out.  just saying with tyrod backing-up rodgers, i don't see any problem keeping wilson on the roster, especially since they dont even have to dress him. 

37 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

good plan.  but he really doesn't have to work out.  just saying with tyrod backing-up rodgers, i don't see any problem keeping wilson on the roster, especially since they dont even have to dress him. 

You callous bastard! Have you not given any thought to @Matt39 and his health?!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

You bring up a great point. But where has she ever said anything profound or sounded like someone with a gift for leadership? I just never experienced it

It's not about her politics, which I don't agree with all that much. It's about the potential debate between her and Rodgers. She's been doing this a long time in high level arenas. Rodgers has literally no experience with this sort of venue. He's a bright guy, but you don't just walk in on fumes and hope you can figure it out. People are really naive to think that Rodgers can pull a rabbit out of his hat as a national politician on a big stage. That's all I'm saying. Kennedy hasn't built any infrastructure for the demands of a presidential run. He's barely able to get himself on the ballot in most states. It's just plain amateur hour in every way. 

10 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Why would you pay that much money for a really sh*tty 3rd string QB who has a negative chance of being the future of this franchise?

• Upvote 1