Vice President Rodgers? Jets QB Named as Potential RFK Running Mate

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

WOW

Youd think after that HOF LT signing rodgers would be stoked but no here we are still confused af

🤣😭😂

One post down below that bud.

Sounds like Aaron told him it’s time to start squashing this “All eyes on your campaign” message.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Kind of hard to believe Kennedy would name Rodgers after Sandy Hook article but who knows with him he's erratic as hell. 

He was NEVER naming Rodgers and he probably feels bad he floated that notion only to see his friend attacked. I'm glad he came out and said what he said about it not being any of the guys that were previously mentioned.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Totally going to be Rodgers. Already bought all my Kennedy Rodgers swag and purposely alienated all of my relatives via Facebook memes so they don’t clog the timeline. Gonna be epic

Awesome Green Bay Packers GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

He was NEVER naming Rodgers and he probably feels bad he floated that notion only to see his friend attacked. I'm glad he came out and said what he said about it not being any of the guys that were previously mentioned.

You don’t think Rodgers helps him the most? I can see the appeal of Ventura, but Ventura is a libertarian lifer and those guys don’t want any part of RFK because of his climate stuff. I kid about it, but I think Rodgers helps him more than anyone else in that circle would, and it’d give Rodgers an excuse to escape the Jets circus. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You don’t think Rodgers helps him the most? I can see the appeal of Ventura, but Ventura is a libertarian lifer and those guys don’t want any part of RFK because of his climate stuff. I kid about it, but I think Rodgers helps him more than anyone else in that circle would, and it’d give Rodgers an excuse to escape the Jets circus. 

I very strongly doubt that it's going to be Rodgers.  Is it possible Rodgers isn't saying anything because he's trying to add buzz to RFK Jr's campaign?  Obviously they agree strongly on the Covid stuff, which is RFK Jr's most well known controversial opinion.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'll let you know when Kennedy names someone else in 2 weeks but I would all but guarantee it will be a choice that helps him more than Aaron Rodgers would have 

Rodgers has gone on record as being a big Obama fan. People think his anti COVID vax stance makes him the poster boy for redneck right wingers. He's far more of a Democrat. Same goes for RFK. Republican voters aren't going to forget about all his left wing stances just because he's an ant-vaxxer. That's probably the least concern of Republican voters. Just because Dems hate RFK Jr. because of his anti-vax stance doesn't mean Republicans love him for it. The same goes for Rodgers. End of the day he's a California Democrat who happens to dislike Biden. There are plenty of people like that around.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'll let you know when Kennedy names someone else in 2 weeks but I would all but guarantee it will be a choice that helps him more than Aaron Rodgers would have 

Rodgers has gone on record as being a big Obama fan. People think his anti COVID vax stance makes him the poster boy for redneck right wingers. He's far more of a Democrat. Same goes for RFK. Republican voters aren't going to forget about all his left wing stances just because he's an ant-vaxxer. That's probably the least concern of Republican voters. Just because Dems hate RFK Jr. because of his anti-vax stance doesn't mean Republicans love him for it. The same goes for Rodgers. End of the day he's a California Democrat who happens to dislike Biden. There are plenty of people like that around.

Not to get political, but RFK is planning to run down the middle between two alleged extremes, and he doesn’t need to court partisans on the left or the right, but to aim for those lesser engaged politically who want another choice. It very much helps both of them (Kennedy and Rodgers) to have dipped their beaks into the interests of both sides of the aisle. Read an interview with Mike Rowe, who was interviewed for the VP slot, and it sounds like they’re not going to hammer the anti-vax stuff, and instead attempt to reframe Covid as a sh*tty, exhausting, recent period that both parties exploited for personal and political gain, which, imo, will have some appeal. I think he can do that with Rodgers, which is great because it frees us from the Rodgers albatross and sets us up for Arch Manning 2026. Eyes on the prize!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I very strongly doubt that it's going to be Rodgers.  Is it possible Rodgers isn't saying anything because he's trying to add buzz to RFK Jr's campaign?  Obviously they agree strongly on the Covid stuff, which is RFK Jr's most well known controversial opinion.

I think the most likely outcome is that Rodgers loves this attention and the fact that it’s keeping RFK in the headlines is a nice bonus. BUT, if you were advising Rodgers, wouldn’t you tell him to go for it? Does he really want to come back here where it’s been nothing but drama for him, in a media market that’s already turned on him, to play for coaches that he knows are weaklings and dipsh*ts? He’s already been paid, and all he can accomplish here is to further diminish his legacy while getting his brains beat in for Nate Hackett. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think the most likely outcome is that Rodgers loves this attention and the fact that it’s keeping RFK in the headlines is a nice bonus. BUT, if you were advising Rodgers, wouldn’t you tell him to go for it? Does he really want to come back here where it’s been nothing but drama for him, in a media market that’s already turned on him, to play for coaches that he knows are weaklings and dipsh*ts? He’s already been paid, and all he can accomplish here is to further diminish his legacy while getting his brains beat in for Nate Hackett. 

I don't think Rodgers feels that way at all.  I absolutely think he wants to come back and prove the doubters/haters wrong.  And while I question the people he's loyal to (Nate Hackett/Saleh/Lazard/etc), he's still a HOF QB.  And I think the whole "revenge tour" thing could very well have legs.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not to get political, but RFK is planning to run down the middle between two alleged extremes, and he doesn’t need to court partisans on the left or the right, but to aim for those lesser engaged politically who want another choice. It very much helps both of them (Kennedy and Rodgers) to have dipped their beaks into the interests of both sides of the aisle. Read an interview with Mike Rowe, who was interviewed for the VP slot, and it sounds like they’re not going to hammer the anti-vax stuff, and instead attempt to reframe Covid as a sh*tty, exhausting, recent period that both parties exploited for personal and political gain, which, imo, will have some appeal. I think he can do that with Rodgers, which is great because it frees us from the Rodgers albatross and sets us up for Arch Manning 2026. Eyes on the prize!

I'll be honest with you. I have a hard time having a serious discussion with you when I know you are low key trolling which is what you do in basically 90% of your posts. If you want to believe that Aaron Rodgers is the perfect pick for his running mate, all the power to you. Unfortunately Kennedy has already said it won't be anyone that's been previously linked to him in the latest news cycle. My suggestion is you go back to trolling the Zach stans until he's off the team. After that you're on your own 👍

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I've had a premonition for years that Arch Manning is coming here to be our savior.  That's still going to happen no matter what.

• Haha 2

Just now, bicketybam said:

I'll be honest with you. I have a hard time having a serious discussion with you when I know you are low key trolling which is what you do in basically 90% of your posts. If you want to believe that Aaron Rodgers is the perfect pick for his running mate, all the power to you. Unfortunately Kennedy has already said it won't be anyone that's been previously linked to him in the latest news cycle. My suggestion is you go back to trolling the Zach stans until he's off the team. After that you're on your own 👍

Fwiw, even though I disagree with both you and T0m on ZW (and I think politically I probably differ from almost everyone on this forum), the forum wouldn't be the same without either of you.  

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

There are some things that transcend party. Like insane ideas. I don't know about Rodgers being a Dem but Kennedy certainly was. I don't know why he's running but it's not to help the Dems for sure the exact opposite. 4 years ago Kanye West was a candidate too. For imo a similar purpose. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Our quarterback—who is currently sitting criss-cross applesauce in a clay hut in the jungles of Costa Rica inhaling ayahuasca vapors with Jordan Poyer—is entertaining a third-party VP run with the Kennedy spawn deemed too weird and toxic to hang out with the *Kennedys* and your concern is that the discourse around that isn’t serious enough? 

image.gif.3fe4856ec3ef3bb00c8f6e3ac21ad53e.gif

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the most likely outcome is that Rodgers loves this attention and the fact that it’s keeping RFK in the headlines is a nice bonus. BUT, if you were advising Rodgers, wouldn’t you tell him to go for it? 

Definitely not. 

If he wants out of the Jets, I’d honestly tell him to just say his heart isn’t in it anymore, apologize profusely, and retire.

I think letting an anti-vax, AIDS-denying, I-think-chemicals-turn-kids-trans, outcast Kennedy use him to ultimately get zero electoral votes will make him a national laughingstock. He risks losing a lot of football fans who love him for his game. The CNN hit job has already hurt his image with plenty to folks. 

The best thing he could do for his image longterm would be to win 10 games with the Jets and end their playoff drought. And if he can’t because he’s washed, then it will be “haha, the jets wasted all that time and all those assets on a washed QB. Stupid Jets.” 

I also think people would respect his politics more if he ran on his own, instead of hitching his wagon to a wackjob Kennedy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1768998285513986082?t=vPkNs1-qdABuN8iWJPpreg&s=19

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Our quarterback—who is currently sitting criss-cross applesauce in a clay hut in the jungles of Costa Rica inhaling ayahuasca vapors with Jordan Poyer—is entertaining a third-party VP run with the Kennedy spawn deemed too weird and toxic to hang out with the *Kennedys* and your concern is that the discourse around that isn’t serious enough? 

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1768998285513986082?t=vPkNs1-qdABuN8iWJPpreg&s=19

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

And dislikes Fauci. Which most Americans do. 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

The only time I see this guy’s posts, is when it is quoted. Blocked him weeks ago. He will play the troll game continually and it’s nauseating. Even after RFK announced that it isn’t Rodgers, he’s still barking out pranks, like he’s a German shepherd. 

7 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

The only time I see this guy’s posts, is when it is quoted. Blocked him weeks ago. He will play the troll game continually and it’s nauseating. Even after RFK announced that it isn’t Rodgers, he’s still barking out pranks, like he’s a German shepherd. 

It's his thing. It is what it is. The only crappy part is that some people take him seriously. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think Rodgers feels that way at all.  I absolutely think he wants to come back and prove the doubters/haters wrong.  And while I question the people he's loyal to (Nate Hackett/Saleh/Lazard/etc), he's still a HOF QB.  And I think the whole "revenge tour" thing could very well have legs.

We can only hope 

we deserve one fun season every once in a while. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

And dislikes Fauci. Which most Americans do. 

Lol seems a bit strong. I would imagine most Americans don’t have a strong opinion about Anthony Fauci in March 2024. Would be interested (not really) to see your non-anecdotal evidence of this (in a reply that doesn’t include “MAYBE YOU SHOULD STEP OUT OF NYC FOR A MINUTE!!”)

7 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lol seems a bit strong. I would imagine most Americans don’t have a strong opinion about Anthony Fauci in March 2024. Would be interested (not really) to see your non-anecdotal evidence of this (in a reply that doesn’t include “MAYBE YOU SHOULD STEP OUT OF NYC FOR A MINUTE!!”)

I think your point about 2024 is well taken, but a majority of Americans wanted him to resign by 2021:

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/579129-poll-majority-of-voters-say-fauci-should-resign/

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

You think people like Fauci? What planet are you on. Did you see the guy who got shot in the head on the subway?

uSTADIUM ⁦‪@uSTADIUM‬⁩

JUST IN: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is expected to name Nicole Shanahan (no relation to Kyle) a California-based attorney and entrepreneur once married to Google co-founder Sergey Brinn, as his running mate for his independent bid for the presidency (Mediaite).

R-E-L-A-X #Jets fans. pic.twitter.com/t8tNsKhP8w

3/16/24, 3:52 PM

Lock this up. 

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You think people like Fauci? What planet are you on. Did you see the guy who got shot in the head on the subway?

So, no evidence?  And yeah, I saw that. Is that going to be your next rebuttal to Rodgers touting rat**** conspiracy theories?  Or are we gonna stick with the border thing you started with?