Tyron Smith deal financials are in

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

I hope he gets the full $20 Million!

And is our LT for the next 3-4 years

A lot of Jets fans seem to think this is one and done.

When the guy is on the field, he’s still right up there with Trent Williams as the best OT in the league and is a future HOFer.

The Jets aren’t just letting him walk after this year if he stays healthy and plays the majority of the season. They’ll franchise him if need be.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BleedsgreenNYJ said:

How does a deal like this fit into the salary cap?  Do we have to account for the whole thing, or does only a set amount count towards this year and then any incentive based pay rolls into next year?

Guessing, I'd say the $6.5 million hits effective immediately, and the remaining the start of the season (when full 53 count toward cap), allowing for maneuvers to fit the remaining into the cap

30 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

OK so last year he played on 71.54% of the offensive snaps. Presumably they're talking about just offense and not specials (even though he had some ST snaps, it'd lower his overall snaps percentage). Also no playoff wins and no pro bowl, making those NLTBE also.

image.png

LTBE = the 68% snaps (and lower) incentives would apply: $5.75MM plus his $6.5MM guarantee = $12.25MM cap charge for 2024

Do you know how the cap charges work?

Does the full $20M upside count against 2024 with a potential rollover of amounts he doesn’t earn into 2025?

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

LTBE = the 68% snaps (and lower) incentives would apply: $5.75MM plus his $6.5MM guarantee = $12.25MM cap charge for 2024

12 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Does the full $20M upside count against 2024 with a potential rollover of amounts he doesn’t earn into 2025?

It's in the post you quoted.

Also I mentioned earlier that any incentives he doesn't reach, which were charged to the '24 cap, forward to the next season as a higher cap ceiling in '25.

You're supposed to be taking notes. Please see me after class today.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's in the post you quoted.

Also I mentioned earlier that any incentives he doesn't reach, which were charged to the '24 cap, forward to the next season as a higher cap ceiling in '25.

You're supposed to be taking notes. Please see me after class today.

Lol!  Sorry Mr Sperm.  Please dont tell my dad.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

OK so last year he played on 71.54% of the offensive snaps. Presumably they're talking about just offense and not specials (even though he had some ST snaps, it'd lower his overall snaps percentage). Also no playoff wins and no pro bowl, making those NLTBE also.

image.png

Reads kind of like a menu. I like it! 

• Haha 3

$6.75M and the rest NLTBE!  amirite?

Use the same structure with lower numbers and bring in Bakhtiari.  Still, wait a long time, because I think the Packers are getting ****ed because Bakhtiari was cut hurt and they might be liable for an injury grievance.  As far as the Packers to, **** those guys!

12 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

$6.75M and the rest NLTBE!  amirite?

Use the same structure with lower numbers and bring in Bakhtiari.  Still, wait a long time, because I think the Packers are getting ****ed because Bakhtiari was cut hurt and they might be liable for an injury grievance.  As far as the Packers to, **** those guys!

No see Sperms post. There is quite a bit of LTBE

13 hours ago, varjet said:

This is the type of contract more teams and players should agree to. 

Almost every pro will play their asses off on a contract like this because - Pro football players play their asses off.   But give this type of contract to someone looking to cash out and they might Laken it.