New Kickoff? Sign Jamal Agnew

If this teams was wise, (which we know they are not so I do not expect them to do anything to capitalize on the new kick off rules changes) but if they were wise, they would go sign Jamal Agnew to return kicks.  I know the team is high on Gipson but the dude has a fumbling problem and I dont trust him returning kick.  You want to **** around w/ him in the slot, go for it but he led the skills positions in fumbles this year and is clearly a huge risk.  Agnew is one of the best kick returners in the game and under the new rule changes, could be an extremely valuable weapon.

I know that 90% of you have never heard of Jamal Agnew and you only like to sign players names you recognize no matter how sh*tty they are but this dude, is an actual game changer.  He can make people miss in a phone both and then hit another gear.

Sorry you have to go to youtube for the vids but chickity check it.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

When is he back?  Didn't he break his leg on NYE?  The Jags didn't waste any time signing Duvernay to replace him.

They signed Duvernay before the kick off changes.   It was a broken bone, lower leg, cant remember the deets but he'll be all healed up and ready for camp. 

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Agreed kick returners are going to be more valuable now. I do wonder if, given the new rule and the way the blocking is setup, a more traditional RB like Breece becomes more of a weapon now? 

That's actually a good point, could be a route some teams go but why I'm about signing Jamal is this dude has been taking them the distance in an era where nobody even returns kicks anymore...so you're getting someone who was great under the worst of circumstances. 

• Upvote 2

I'm hoping the KO  change turns the game into a Madden-like scenario where a kid turns down the Tackling bar as low as possible and games devolve into exchanging KO returns for Touchdowns over and over again until the returners are exhausted. That would be fun

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'm hoping the KO  change turns the game into a Madden-like scenario where a kid turns down the Tackling bar as low as possible and games devolve into exchanging KO returns for Touchdowns over and over again until the returners are exhausted. That would be fun

That’s exactly what this goofiness is bound to turn into.

5’8 speedsters with a sh*tload of wiggle are about to be in high demand.

A team like the Dolphins would be stupid not to let Hill return kicks at this point.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Agreed kick returners are going to be more valuable now. I do wonder if, given the new rule and the way the blocking is setup, a more traditional RB like Breece becomes more of a weapon now? 

Izzy would seem like a good candidate in that case.  He has returned kicks and fits the profile.  Of course his actual ability remains to be seen and he also might have some ball security issues.  Maybe he doesn't have ball security issues, but he has small hands and I remember a fumble.  That temporarily puts the red letter on him for me.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Once ages ago my team was waiting for a game in one of the Dyker touch leagues.  My Dad was still playing.  A team from the other Dyker league didn't have enough guys and asked us to join.  Our league didn't have kickoffs and this league did.  We take the opening kickoff, hammer people and score an easy TD.  Turn around and every single flag, refs hat, towel, etc. is on the ground.  Apparently you were not allowed to block (?!?)  You were just supposed to "pick" the defender like in basketball.  What kind of stupidity is that? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

That’s exactly what this goofiness is bound to turn into.

5’8 speedsters with a sh*tload of wiggle are about to be in high demand.

A team like the Dolphins would be stupid not to let Hill return kicks at this point.

Jamal Agnew is 5'10 w/ his helmet on and makes people miss in a both on regular kick returns.

I'm honestly shocked no team has signed him.  

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I just saw the Steelers signed Cordarrelle Patterson on this exact logic. 

• Upvote 2

I saw basically every xfl game last season , loser I know , same rules , only one return went for a td late in the season and most returns fell short of the 25 . I don’t think the change is going to produce this massive return shakeup everyone believes

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Half of the league was nfl special teams guys and is made of just on the bubble nfl talent , out of the 16 spring league teams 5-6 of them had kickers that should be in nfl (like Aubrey in Dallas who crushed it this year) and another 5-7 who weren’t any different than the kickers in the nfl so I really doubt subtly difference in talent will make this a big difference

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app