Kuntz is a better blocker than Bow-wow

7 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I've thought about this too, but I wouldn't let it put me off picking Bowers if he is the top guy on the Jets' board at 10.

Hackett is going to Hackett with whoever we add, but he won't be around forever.  I'd hate to be the team that passed on an elite offensive talent becuase we think our own OC sucks too much to use him properly. 

Bowers, if a great player, could be a Jet for a decade or more.  I'm pretty confident that Hackett won't be.

Agree.  As soon as Rodgers is gone, Hackett is gone.  Perhaps Hackett is gone even sooner.  Who can say for sure other than the expert consensus including Sean Payton is that Hackett, to put it diplomatically, is underwhelming as an OC.

• Upvote 2

Brock Bowers is a hyper fast/quick Tim Tebow who can catch. If you can't see the allure of what that means, you should go find some psilocybin to expand your mind. 

Few can justify picking Bowers at 10 because they're unable to grasp that he's not built like a traditional tight end (Gronk/Kelce/Gonzalez). The fact of the matter is that he's instantly the best athlete on any field he walks onto (4.5 forty at 240 lbs with a 40 inch vertical) and has the production to back it up.

Yeah, if you ask him to in-line block 75% of the game, you're going to be disappointed. If you find creative ways to get the ball into his hands (eg Deebo Samuel), you're going to be very happy.

That's worth a top 10 pick. But you're trusting that Nathaniel Hackett can find a way to feed him the rock...and nobody in the world has any confidence that he'll be able to do that successfully. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Brock Bowers is a hyper fast/quick Tim Tebow who can catch. If you can't see the allure of what that means, you should go find some psilocybin to expand your mind. 

Few can justify picking Bowers at 10 because they're unable to grasp that he's not built like a traditional tight end (Gronk/Kelce/Gonzalez). The fact of the matter is that he's instantly the best athlete on any field he walks onto (4.5 forty at 240 lbs with a 40 inch vertical) and has the production to back it up.

Yeah, if you ask him to in-line block 75% of the game, you're going to be disappointed. If you find creative ways to get the ball into his hands (eg Deebo Samuel), you're going to be very happy.

That's worth a top 10 pick. But you're trusting that Nathaniel Hackett can find a way to feed him the rock...and nobody in the world has any confidence that he'll be able to do that successfully. 

Yessir ! 

Heary Cuntz  is a physically stronger player than Bow-Wow,

power cleaning 375 lbs and tying for the lead at 225. Has the 

frame to carry 270. The play our dopey HC criticized him was a good

block that he unnecessary left his hand out at it's conclusion.

Liking the potential of all three back up TEs, I hope Douglas

has the opportunity to draft the ultra smart explosive Brian Thomas

instead of Bow Wow the Twerp

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Yessir ! 

If  he was able to run 4.5 and jump 40'' he would

had his punk ass prove it at the Combine or Pro Day

As Cuntzy actually did coming off knee surgery

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Agree.  As soon as Rodgers is gone, Hackett is gone.  Perhaps Hackett is gone even sooner.  Who can say for sure other than the expert consensus including Sean Payton is that Hackett, to put it diplomatically, is underwhelming as an OC.

I don't disagree with much of this, but Payton didn't put down Hackett as an OC.  He put him down for letting Wilson's entourage run over the team.  Payton did not exactly light it up with that offense.  

16 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Heary Cuntz  is a physically stronger player than Bow-Wow,

power cleaning 375 lbs and tying for the lead at 225. Has the 

frame to carry 270. The play our dopey HC criticized him was a good

block that he unnecessary left his hand out at it's conclusion.

Liking the potential of all three back up TEs, I hope Douglas

has the opportunity to draft the ultra smart explosive Brian Thomas

instead of Bow Wow the Twerp

OK, Larry